Tactical Help Required

In the process of developing a variation of a 4-2-3-1 that i coach in real life. Its designed to be quick, possession style football that looks to spread the opposition and penetrate in behind when the opportunity arises. My Current set up is:

SwanseaCity_TacticsTeam.png

Now ideally what i want from these players is the following:

format.jpg

Basically, i want my CM's (ideally my DLP) dropping in a picking up the ball and either spreading it wide to my full backs (the advanced wide (Winger/IF) players pushing forward to create space so that any sideways pass is too a fullback driving into space) or playing a penetrating pass to the AMC whose found a pocket of space (again, the AF pushing forward and looking to get in behind, forcing the defense to drop deeper, creating the space). If the ball happens to go wide, the first option should be into the AMC or advancing BBM who can turn and have the option of 3 "attackers" looking to get into behind the opposition. If the opposition has dropped off, then possession is rotated between the DLP and full backs until the Treq or BBM can find that pocket of space. I want the CM's or FB's to have the ability to play in behind the opposition early if they're high and my AF or IF have made an aggressive run.

My main issues at the moment are the advanced players not pushing on enough and almost "not wanting" the ball from the DLP to create the space for other players. I have the Poacher set up as a target man with supply run onto ball, attempting to force him to make those runs in behind and leave that space for the Treq. i know if sounds weird, but too many of my advanced players are wanting to come to the ball, and not enough of my defensive players are pushing up when in possession to accept passes and move into forward positions.

edited: changed AF to Poacher and BPD to stopper instead of cover, hoping when he intercepts he'll play a pass.

Any advice. (please note all player instructions are default, which the exception of long shots set to rarely (besides the treq)).

Archived