Truro challenge, what challenge?

wazza

Due to me finding FM12 easy I really wanted to start with a challenge in FM13 so after consulting with the forums, decided to go with Truro City in the Blue Square South and sunday league rep,the club were in administration and had only 9 players available to start and 4 on long term injuries. Ive started the game and have played my pre-season friendlies playing higher rated teams and losing to them all except where I drew 1-1 against a lower rated team. Started the season and am currently 2nd played 3. won 3. goals for 8. goals against 2 and I still haven't signed any players yet to replace the greyed out ones as we were only taken over last week.

I know its early days and don't really want to count any chickens but I thought that this would be more difficult as the team is supposed to fight relegations with a media prediciton of 20 especially with the limits of having the number of players available and the transfer embargo. Now thats liftedI will obviously be bringing players in to the club to strengthen the squad and to get rid of the greyed out players.

Any other Truro managers had a good start?

Spoke to soon, even though I have now won 4 out of 4 games and am 3rd in the league. I have gained long term 5-7 weeks injuries on 3 more of my players, luckily I can fetch players in but the majority of who are interested in coming are 1 or no stars so even though I can get a squad together the players wont be any better than what I already have as no quality is interested. The slide will probably start now!

• 2 weeks later...
Spoke to soon, even though I have now won 4 out of 4 games and am 3rd in the league. I have gained long term 5-7 weeks injuries on 3 more of my players, luckily I can fetch players in but the majority of who are interested in coming are 1 or no stars so even though I can get a squad together the players wont be any better than what I already have as no quality is interested. The slide will probably start now!

Maybe I was wrong!! Hapilly sitting 2nd in the league

bluesquarebetsouthoverv.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

To do this the squad needed expanding, so the best players available who would come to Truro where signed.

trurotransfershistory.png

The squad has grown from having 8 available players since the takeover

Hope the new players along with the existing can keep it up and win promotion against the odds

trurocitytacticsovervie.png

Archived