FM12 Team Blending

OK while my demo is downloading a quick question because I've not been on FM11 yet. I understand that I can only set up 3 formations but if I make minor adjustments before or during matches am I penalised with a degradation of my team blending status. It seems very limiting to only have 3 formations because I often make minor (and major) adjustments depending on match conditions and the players on the pitch etc.

In FM11 minor adjustments are fine, there isn't really a noticeable degradation of performance and if you regularly make the same changes then your team will learn to know those changes too. Major changes will be more noticeable but again, your team will get used to it. I have 3 formations in match prep but I regularly use at least 2 others if the situation is favourable and, so long as your team is well blended to begin with and the situation really does make it a good idea, any degradation you might notice will be limited.

I can't imagine this aspect of the module would change for FM12 as it works so well but it may have.

Archived