Help with Setting Up my Team Mentality

I was thinking of setting up my players with the following mentalities and wanted to ask the tactical gurus for their advice in this area. My Striker, AMR/L and Wing Back on the same mentality which would be 10. My AMC slighty deeper with a mentality of 9 and MCs mentality 7 and the Centre Backs on 5

I was thinking of using the default closing down settings from the tactic creator and set the team instructioons to press more. I am also going to be using a balance control with zonal marking and my creative freedom set to default and shorter passing.

I would like to hear your feedback on what you think about my mentality settings and if you would make any changes.

I will be playing my MC as Deep lying Playmakers on Defend and Support. Wing Back - Attack and Wing Back Support. AMC - Advance Playmaker - Attack, Complete Striker - Attack and Central Defenders - Defend and AMR/AML will be set to Inside Forward - Attack and Support.

I am going to have the Inside Forward Attack and Wing Back Support as a combo and the Inside Forward - Support and Wing Back Attack as the other combo.I will be using the Deep lying Playmaker with defend duty on the side of the field with the attacking full back. So if my Wing Back - Attack is in the Defender Right position my Deep lying playmaker with the defend duty will be in the Central Midfielder Right position (MRC) that side so that he covers when the wing back goes bombing forward.

I am using Deep lying Playmakers because I was advice that they offer better protection for the defence and basically what I am looking to do is to protect the defence

All sounds good, I know you're playing as Arsenal from your other posts so I'd imagine that would fit in well with your squad. I've recently changed my wing backs to full backs as they were tending to do too many through balls and crosses which invariably lost me the ball, as FB's they play a more simple game (they still get forward) and become a better option for recycling possession for my creative core. It might be an option for you (or even an option to see-out a game).

Do these mentalities come out when you set up your player roles or are you going to manually set the mentality structure (which sounds logical by the way)?

I only ask because mentality is easily and effectively altered via shouts (changing strategy) and you'll have to slide them all if you're going manual.

Archived