[FM11] Success is overrated, being a Journeyman #FM2011

After regular Football Manager failure, alongside the fact I've never managed outside the English Leagues since starting to play the game back in 2003/04 (CM back then) ....I thought hey, why not be unsuccessful in leagues I've never managed in while telling people about it? Sounds perfect.

The game will be played on FM2011 of course, 11.3, nothing edited or whatever.

Leagues: (Computer not the greatest) ..

England - Down to Blue Square Premier.

France - National

Italy - Serie C1

U.S.A - MLS

Holland - Ereste divisie

Portugal - Liga Orangina

Ireland - Premier division

Scotland - First divsion

Spain - Second division B

Australia - A League.

Just picked some of the major nations, a couple smaller and also a couple not in Europe, so not a crazy amount of leagues I'm sure people are used to seeing/loading but crazy enough for me!

Started with automatic experience and well basically I'm waiting for a job as I type this. Although they are better off to keep me waiting ...

Objective of the game: I'm not sure ...

Let the fun begin ....

29th October 2010: I was given my absolute dream job *cough*

130px-CD_Dénia.png
Background: Founded in 1922, C.D Dénia are currently a semi-professional Spanish Club currently in the Spanish Second division B3. The club currently play at a ground called the Camp Nou in Denia, which holds around 3,000. (surprisingly, not the actual Camp Nou, nor will you see anything remotely similar to the football!) The club have basic facilities from training to youth to youth recruitment.

C.D. Denia are generally quite a small club, their biggest success coming in 2007 when they won the Spanish 4th tier of football.

Current Situation: Obviously taking over in October means that someone most likely hasn't done a very good job and that is indeed the case ...Current Squad. Results thus far. League table at the moment. So plenty of work to do, the media prediction is 6th so certainly they must have a capable squad. The objective though for this season is simply to stay up and hopefully finish a safe mid-table, then asses things at the end of the season.

Quick note, will be doing updates usually, October - February - May(end of season) ..this is a bit of a one off I.e monthly summary ..

The Beginning

Having started just before November, I thought it'd be good just to update after the first month. To be honest, it couldn't have started any better.

Looking at the squad, I picked out 3 of my best players in 3 different positions. I guess my 'Key Players':

Oscar Lopez - Defender

Viti Gomez - Midfielder

Manolo Bueno - Forward

I weren't really planning on adding to the squad early on but having looked at the backroom advice and some of the players that I had been told to scout, it was pretty obvious they'd improve my team straight away. So I decided to quickly move in for:

Pedrito - Central midfielder

Capi - Attacking midfielder/Striker

Tactics and Results:

In the future, I'd love to build a 'Barcelona' style of football and build a legacy at a club, unfortunately I don't really see that being at Denia, so while I wanted to keep my passing style an attractive game, I decided to set up with a pretty basic 4-4-2.

cddeniadeniatactics.png

So while it's nothing like Barcelona, I'd say it's quite similar to Man United. Pretty basic two central defenders, two full backs both willing to get forward and support but not 'full on attacking' as a say Dani Alves would. On the right hand side, my winger is encourages to hit the byline, makes plenty of runs in behind and deliver crosses, while I have my left winger who prefers to cut inside, link up the play and look for clever through balls. Central midfield, Deep lying playmaker and advanced playmaker, one sitting, one supporting. Pretty simply. Same with the forward line, deep lying forward to drop deep and keep the possesion going (Rooney style) while a striker who prefers to run in behind and into channels (Hernandez style).

Couldn't have had a better start really in the League matches:

Sabadell 0-1 Denia

Denia 1-0 Gandia

[video=youtube;lOix56h5OdQ]

Ontinyent 0-0 Denia

....nothing :thdn:

Denia 1-1 Alzira

Mallorca B 0-4 Denia

Goal of the game ...

[video=youtube;k9nw2td_LCw]

Disappointment in the cups however,

Cultural Leonesa 2-3 Denia