Stat attack

In bullybeef's original example he states that Shane Long's heading and jumping is far inferior to his central defender and yet he scores, i wonder how many headers the defender won against Long in the whole game? Disregarding other factors ( determination, consistancy etc ) no player is perfect and the attributes are just a variable in the statistical chance of a player completing a header, tackle, shot etc.

To simplify, if two players challenge for a header and all their stats, both seen and hidden, are identical then theoretically there is a 50% chance for each of them to win it. Obviously the amount of stats which apply makes the equasion extremly complex, but ultimatly that is what is happening. Its only a simulation after all.

Therefore if a player has low stats in comparison with another, even reducing the chance of his winning the ball in the air to, say 5%, sometimes he will win it such are the laws of chance.

If it's possible could bullybeef post a screenie of his teams stats, i'd be willing to bet that this defender has won the vast majority of his headers, probably over 90% of them, in fact as he says himself Reading were limited to one shot on goal all game .

As for the shots to goals ratio, i think most people agree that 8.0.2 sorted that out.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in recent fm's, i've never seen a player blatantly out pace another, like henry does regularly.

when my dc's get caught, i assume, or infer from the highlight that they were in opposite momentum to the pacey striker, hence cannot catch up.

i have also come to accept that the fm match engine is an intricate beast, meaning that my wbl with 20's for pace/accel wud inconsistently win loose balls vs slower attackers, due to his lack in determination work rate and countless other aspects tbh.

i mean, yes he can outpace anyone when he puts his mind to it, but when would he give his best? as a manager you need to deal with that.

nice thread btw.

Archived