Defending Set Pieces

Have this problem all the time and no idea how to solve it so thought I'd throw it out there.

Defending a free kick from a wide but far out area. I have a winger who is terrible in the air set to 'form wall'. I have a right back who is good in the air set to man marking. Now presumably because the free kick is so far away it requires no-one to be in the wall. Therefore my winger goes into the box and man marks whilst my right back takes up a position where is 10 yards away from anyone and completely out of the situation. I think you can guess what happens. Any way to stop this other than to change my 'form wall' players to 'stay forward'.

Defending throw in's are also a pain. For some reason my full backs will travel to the opposite end of the field where the throw in is being taken to mark a player who could be picked up by the correct full back or a midfield player. Also, just before the throw in is taken my players will decide they want to change who they are marking so that maybe 2 or 3 of the opposition players are unmarked immediately before the throw is taken.

Does anyone else suffer from this and is there a known way to stop this happening?

Archived