How important are the number of coaches you have?

Ok.

I am still playing FM2010, and have started playing level 9/10 through the extraleague option available.

Now I have played FM since 2005 and know the vagueries of the max number of coaches allowed.

However, for once the club owners have got the better of me.

I didn't renew the 2 coaches and 2 scouts contracts that expired at the end of the season, hoping to sign 4 better ones.

Of course, I had to release them before I could sign them as the message comes back "The board will only let you have a max of 2 coaches...blah blah blah".

So I signed 1 coach and 1 scout (same wages as the old ones), and at the same time completed the signing of a player whose bid I made BEFORE releasing the 2 coaches and 2 scouts.

Then when I went to sign the 2nd coach and 2nd scout the owner turns round and tells me that I have used up my wage budget and he wont let me sign the other coach and scout.

Now I am not too bothered about the scout. I have one for scouting the next team and I do my own scouting anyway.

But I am bothered about the second coach as it leaves the Asst Manager and First team coach to do all the coaching. And this leaves me very weak in defence coaching.

Now the sum of the wages of the 2 coaches and 2 scouts comes to LESS than the sum of 1 coach, 1 scout and the player by exactly the sum of 1 coach, but because I have hit the wages ceiling I am not allowed to sign a new coach, even though I could have retained the old coach and simply been over budget.

But to the POINT - at level 9 in non league, how much difference will it make to have only 2 people coaching as opposed to 3, meaning that attributes like defending inly get 1 star rather than 2 stars?

Any help welcome.

Archived