Jambo_Daves 3-5-2 (re-created for IPhone)

JAMBO DAVE 3-5-2i

For those who have been around the FMH forums since the start you will remember a certain Jambo_Dave who created a formidable 3-5-2. This was my favourite tactic in the early series, before trying to create my own and you could guarantee you'd win everything with any team.

Being absolutely bored stupid of playing 4-3-3 all the time and not been able to play a winger in the last few years i thought it would be time to move on. Having tried various 4-4-2 formations, as well as the new ones added this year, i was about to create a 3-5-2 when i remembered the one which gave me so much joy in the past.

I dug an old thread of Jambo_Dave's formation and replicated it. Obviously The PSP and IPhone utilise player roles differently so this was the trickiest part. Jambo's 3-5-2 relied heavily on the three CM's. These were all tough tackling midfielders and i usually built my team around them. I left the defenders as CTR's because with only three in defence i want them to do nothing other than defend. I also left the two upfront as Complete forwards as this combines every forward role.

So,onto the midfield. Jambo_Daves 3-5-2 Had a secret weapon,. The middle CM. he would score bucket loads. I toyed with the middle man as both an advance play-maker and a CM but to no avail, his average rating was in the 6's and he score one in 9 games. So as JD's had three committed tackling CM's, i put them all as Ball Winning Midfielders and i must say its working well.

IMG_0393.png

IMG_0395-1.png

IMG_0394.png

Player positions

GK-GK

All defenders – DC’s

In midfield I have either a MC or AMC in the middle, with either a MC or DMC either side.

On the wing I play AML, AMR, AMRLC

Up to top I play two SC’s

This tactic was inspired by Jambo_Dave and any credit must go to him. I’m not saying this is as good as his 3-5-2 back in the day, but for me, now, this is my choice formation.

• 3 months later...

I got mixed results, it started off like an house on fire but once i'd lost winning mentality it was hard to find real consistency. Im currently using the solid 4-1-3-2 formation which im in my eleventh season with Newcastle with great success. you wont av instant sucess with it unless your a big club (i avoided relegation my 9 points in first season) but its a tactic to build on and once its togteher, its formidable.

Archived