[FM11] Valix's Global Conquest

Valix

NOW A BRITISH CONQUEST because....

My Gobal Conquest save file won't load anymore for some reason. It was crashing on the record capacity but after fixing that it crashes when I try to load it. I'm going to do a smaller career for a few more patches make it more stable before running a big one. 2 mega saves ruined already. I don't think I can change the title of the thread either so sorry guy. Didn't want to make another thread willy nilly.

british-flag.jpg

VALIX'S BRITISH CONQUEST

The Challenge:

Take one team from each country that isn't in the top tier (with the exception of Wales) and take them to continental glory as well as providing them with a solid foundation to survive after Mr Gregory has left.

The Challenger:

John Gregory

The Setup:

England - Blue Square Premier

Wales - Welsh Principality

Scotland - Third Division

N Ireland - Second Division

Top players from all nations, large database, attribute masking on, key player staff on (i'm a bit lazy), sunday league rep. I am starting as Sheffield Wednesday manager which I feel a little guilty about, but I may come back to England to manage a team from being unemployed after the tour.

The Details:

With each club -

- Gain promotion to top tier

- Win all available competitions in the top tier

- Attain Worldwide status

- Improve facilities as high as possible

- Break top 100 richest clubs

- Expand / build stadium to 100k+ capacity

- Ensure financial stability (rich)

The Other:

I'll be attempting to manage England as much as possible and hopefully bring some silverware back to the boys.

I may add in more challenges as I go.

Trophy Room & Career History

[b]Trophies[/b]
nPower League 1 Champions	Sheff Wed	10/11

[b]History[/b]
[b]Season	League			Pos	L-C	FA-C	JPT
-----------------------------------------------------------------[/b]

[color="blue"]Sheffield Wednesday
10/11	nPower League 1		1	1r	4r	N-Semi
11/12	nPower Championship	21	3r	3r	---
12/13	nPower Championship	18	1r	3r	---
13/14	nPower Championship	3	2r	Q	---

[/color]

Key

Pos = Final position in league

L-C = League Cup

FA-C = FA Cup

JPT = Johnstones Paint Trophy

Xr = Knocked out in Xround

sheffield-wednesday.png

Gregory Takes First Steps Into Management

Season Preview

Sheffield Wednesday without a doubt do not belong in League 1. They are bordering on Administration IRL and in game have a 20m debt to their name. I'll be looking at rebuilding the club using whatever means are available to me and once we're at the top, returning to grass root players and home grown talent.

With a fairly solid squad we should have no problem fighting for at least the playoffs. The board are offering either promotion or winners, and as I'm not fully confident as yet, I'm opting for promotion. Their facilities are great by League 1 standards but will still need improving when challenging in Europe.

Competitions

None yet.

Squad

The squad doesn't look bad so far. The main gripe for me is the player wages. Some of those will have to accept reduced contracts or be shown the door.

Best Eleven - None yet

Transfers - None yet

Key Players

None yet.

Geek Stuff

Overall Best Eleven

Boardroom

Records

This Season

Will be pushing for promotion and won't be happy with anything less than that. Will also spend time clearing out the backroom and installing new faces.

Sheffield-Wednesday--Hillsborough-Stadium-Ge_1058396.jpg

2010/11 Season Review - Sheffield Wednesday

Season Review

An awesome season saw us topping the table at the penultimate game and stayed there til the final whistle blew. Finished as champions and it was happy days all round.

Competitions

League Table - Always nice to see my team at the top. It was a lot closer than that for much of the season with just a few points seperating the top 4 for the last 10 games. The fans support brings out the best in us as we only lost 1 league game at home.

Position Graph - Just managed to sneak it at the end. I do feel sorry for Swindon though, they got hammered in the playoff final.

League Cup - A sorry showing against Carlisle. Kicked off big time.

JP Trophy - Wasn't too disappointed. I fielded a weaker side against Peterborough because we were really struggling with match congestion and fatigue.

FA Cup - ARRRRRRGH THE REPLAYS!!!

Fixtures1

Fixtures2

Squad

Best Eleven

Teamsheet - Pleased with some, not so much with others. Will be hitting the market a lot harder this season.

Transfers - Managed to get the board to assign a parent club and chose Arsenal. I feel dirty for borrowing but they were only 3 months and crap tbh. Except Sunu who was a godsend. Hofstede and Karlsen are solid as a rock and an awesome find by my scouts. I do feel that my team is becoming less british by the day though.

Key Players

Bernard Hofstede Had a fantastic run out towards the end of the season. Managed to get him on a free and he joined us in the January transfer window. Getting on a bit but adds some much needed experience to the team.

Giles Coke - Voted fans player of the year. Turned out regular for us and put in solid performances. Good kid but I feel he will be moved onto the fringe when we take the step up to the Championship.

Gilles Sunu - Love this guy. Got him on loan from Arsenal and he performed well. Played him both as striker and left winger. He worked hard on the left wing and his pace didn't let us down, the real shame was we had no aerial ability in the box.

Paul Heffernan - My personal pick for player of the year. He was consistent and never really lost his touch. He had an amazing end to the season.

Geek Stuff

Overall Best Eleven - Only done 1 season.. duh!

Boardroom

Records

Information - Cleared off a little more debt

Next Season Hopes

I'm hoping for a mid-table position. At the very least we should avoid the drop. Getting one over on our main rivals Sheffield United would be awesome too. =D

2011/12 Season Review - Sheffield Wednesday

Season Review

A terrible season for us. We didn't start well at all. We didn't play well through the mid-season and we didn't finish it well either. After hoping for a mid table finish, we ended up fighting to stay in the Championship. We got through by the skin of our teeth and although a lot of signings were made, we just didn't have the quality or choesivness to put our opponents to the sword.

The club was taken over at the end of the season and a new chairman promptly stated that there would be no investment in the club, thank you very much. Dickhead.

Competitions

League Table - A disappointing relief sums it up. We should have been much higher up the table but just couldn't string more than 1-2 wins every 5-6 games together. Very tough season. I would call it character building but all it did for me was build anger.

Position Graph - As you can see... not much to say really.

League Cup - Fair play to Millwall. They outplayed us and deserved the win. This season I wasn't so fussed because of the state of the league.

FA Cup - No frickin comment...

Fixtures1

Fixtures2

Squad

Best Eleven

Teamsheet - A very mixed bag this year. I made a lot of signings this season. Next season I'll be looking at spending more money for fewer players and hope to bring in some real quality.

Transfers - Released a few players that were sucking the life out of the club. Dropped the wage budget by nearly 40% in the end. I was going to give Marcus Tugday (our highest earner) a chance at another season but he had to go get himself injured and ruled out for the entire season so I let him go. Paul Inglis and Chris Steven are youngsters my scouts picked up and I have high hopes they'll develop into decent players for us.

Key Players

Arthuro - Skilled Brazilian. Bought him on a free and he's been in fine form this season. Although a little inconsistent, when he does score, he usually bags a few.

Darren Purse - Retiring at the end of the year. His ratings don't do him justice. As captain of the team for the majority, we usually play better when he's with the back four.

Danilo - Pacey little winger. Doesn't take too kindly to advice from his gaffer but did the job time and time again.

Geek Stuff

Overall Best Eleven[/url]

Boardroom

Records

Information - Debts going down slooooowly.

Next Season Hopes

Hoping for the same as last season, a mid table finish. Just praying that things go a lot better than last time around or heads will roll. Also picked up the best youth player I seen come through our ranks so far. Matthew Ruddy, worth 450k already. Mmmmm ££££££, i mean.... mmmm goals....

2012/13 Season Review - Sheffield Wednesday

Season Review

Another poor showing really. We were massively crap & inconsistent. In a season where we got 6 players in team of the week after smashing QPR 5-0 we lost to relegation threatened teams regularly. Knocked out in first round of both cups and didn't do great things in the league. At least we're pretty much consolidated in the Championship now. To add insult to injury this season, we saw the piggy side of town get promoted to the Premiership. That's probably the reason the Premiership dropped a place in the rankings.

Also had to turn down a job offer from Coventry.

Competitions

League Table - Once again, we failed to live up to personal expectations and the potential I believe the squad has. The media will be surprised we outdid their expectations but they're all a bunch of... anyway.

Position Graph - We were solidly out of the relegation zone towards the end of the season, despite poor form.

League Cup - Very poor

FA Cup - Poor

Fixtures1

Fixtures2

Squad

Best Eleven

Teamsheet - My fickle assistant manager decided to leave to join York.... WTF!! Hence, no ratings this season.

Transfers -

Key Players

Said Mehamha - Great performances from the young midfielder this season. Made some nice assists through the middle, very competent. This year I agree with the fans for player of the season.

Peter Pawlett - Come into his own this season. Constantly blazing down the right wing. Shame we have no decent backup for him as fatigue sets in playing almost every game.

Arthuro - Top class stuff from the centre forward. Again though his inconsistency proved problematic. He would get a hat trick in 1 game then not score for 5-6 hours. .

Geek Stuff

Overall Best Eleven

Boardroom

Records

Information

Next Season Hopes

Hoping 3rd time lucky for the Owls. Want to stay out of the relegation zone the entire season. A top half finish would be awesome.

2013/14 Season Review - Sheffield Wednesday

Season Review

Wow!! What a season. We once again showed our lack of stamina but we were so good in the first half of the season we managed to scrape promotion via the playoffs. At the beginning we were absolutely untouchable and we were smashing records everywhere. Coming towards the halfway point of the season we were 12 points clear at the top. We were completely dominating the opposition and apart from a few slip ups here and there, we were looking like champions from the start. Then the Christmas congestion & the january transfer window came around. Fatigue, injuries, suspensions and our best defender requesting a transfer saw us lose our excellent form. A hard fought playoff final saw us promoted as we rightly deserved though.

Competitions

League TableWe should have been topping the table easy, but we still managed promotion. Considering after 21 games played we'd only lost 1 and drawn 3, you can see how bad the second half of the season was.

Position Graph - That slide at the end makes me sad in the pants.

League Cup - Lost to Aston Villa in the 2nd round but we went down fighting and didn't really deserve to lose.

FA Cup - A solid run saw us into the Quarters but we weren't strong enough to take down Blackburn. We played every game away too so no gate cash =(

Fixtures1

Fixtures2

Squad

Best Eleven

Teamsheet - Just look at those ratings!!!

Transfers -

Key Players

Peter Pawlett - Absolutely stunning season for the English winger. 16 assists is the whole story. Fantastic.

Paul Inglis - Didn't have a great season overall, but at the beginning he was absolutely out of this world. 8 goals in 5 games at one point. Blistering pace and silky dribbling skills was fantastic to watch. 7.99 rating at this point in the season.

John Guidetti - Legend!! The fans weren't too pleased I let Arthuro walk but they most definitely have a new hero now. Check those stats out. Fans and my player of the season by a country mile.

Geek Stuff

Overall Best Eleven

Boardroom untouchable!!

Records

Information

Next Season Hopes

Definitely going to spending a bit of cash ;) Let's see if we can stay in the Premiership long enough to enjoy it. With a few new signings, I may end up bankrupting the club if we go back down =P

Archived