[FM10] Empire state of mind--Newport Newport!!

jackripper

Newport County Football club

Newport_County_AFC-logo-7F1876255B-seeklogo.com.gif

]Newport County are a football club based in Newport, South Wales, who currently play in the Blue Square Prem. Founded in 1912 the club were founder members of the Football League's new Third Division in 1920.

Newport County were Welsh Cup winners in 1980 and subsequently reached the quarter-finals of the European Cup Winners' Cup. The club was relegated from the Football League in 1988 and went out of business in February 1989. The club re-formed shortly afterwards and entered the English league pyramid system at a much lower level. The club achieved promotion to the Conference National for the 2010–11 season, the same level they played at prior to bankruptcy in 1989.

The Ground

newport_county_afc.gif

Newport Stadium is where we currently play our home games with a capacity of 4300 people and seating available for 1236 of them the ground is not excatly the worlds greatest and upgrades are desperatly needed but nfortunatly we dont have the funds available. we currently play rent of £26k a year which for a club of or size is a huge burden.We have no corperate facilities and basic youth and training.

The club is a semi proffessional club so the step up to the English leagues is my main aim for the future but for now its all about survival. This is the highest league we have ever graced after winning the confrence south title last year.

Financial wise we currently have around £60k in the bank balance with the club valued around £160k. We have no debt what so ever so a good base to build on. The media predict we will struggle and finish in 18th position. I told the board my aim is to consolidate this season and they backed me by giving me £7000 to spend on transfers.

After retiring from local club football i decided to embark on management and was given a fantastic opportunity at Newport County after there manager walked out. Why i was piked i dont know but im sure it has something to do with me being the so called cheap option. To be honest that doesnt bother me much as its a perfect setting for me to hone my skills and hopefully become succesful at Newport.

My starting profile looks like this Sean Parrish which just goes to show i have no reputation in the footballing world but im hoping that will soon change. Ive told the board i am in this for the long haul as long as they keep the faith. My contract runs out in 2011 and im currently paid £625p/w which will see me through lovely.

My first job would be to find a tactic which would suit the club and the direction i want us to go. we have the youngest squad in the league and a pacy squad so i will base it on that as you can see.

newtact.jpg

Ive decided to let my assistant take control of my friendlies while i continue looking on how we can build this club and get us into the football league. I asked the chairman first we must find a parent club which would help not just financially but with regards to loaning players also. With a young team which can only get better im excitied at what this club can achieve and with me at the helm i hope the future is a success otherwise it will be be on the footballing trash heap.

We finally receive some news on a parent club and we had the option of Bristol city or Aston villa. we decided we would take the opportunity to use the Premier League club mainly because they offered more cash and they wold have better youth players which im hoping they would gladly send to my club.

vilalink.jpg

August 2009

augustl.jpg

So we started our first ever game in the BSP against Cambridge where we lost 1-0 but showed some touches that we cna play football. Next we travelled to Southport and with a defeat in our opening game at home we produced a stunning peformance to win 3-0 with goals from Reece,Collins and Ake. another away game followed as 2 goals from Charlie Henry salvaged us a point as we drew 2-2. It was a shame as we had a 2-0 lead at half time. Then our second home game and against feirce rivals Wrexham, This was going to be tough and the tackles were flying in but we held on to score 2 goals and win the match delighting everyone including the fans. We then travelled to one of the league favourites and were written off before we even got onto the team coach. i drilled into my players we could win this and goals from Craig Reid and Ake set us on our way to a 2- victory to wrap up a great first month in the blue Square Prem.

auga.jpg

We currently sit in 4th position with 3 wins from games and a total of 10 points. Only Luton, Rushden and Cambridge si above us with 3 points seperating the top 4. considering we are tipped to struggle the league table looks good at the moment, But we still got a loooooooong way to go yet.

Archived