Tactic Creator usable?

In my opinion the TC is a particularly brilliant addition to the game. The ability to quickly switch between entire Mentality based Philosophies, Strategies, Role and Duties has vastly improved my ability to understand and create and define "Tactical Frameworks".

The depth of options for individual behavioural instructions still needs a lot of work, for example RFD/TTB/CF/RWB/Roaming/Wideplay etc. and the defensive tactical aspect of the game is almost entireally AWOL from the TC, but I cannot say enough about just how this first version of the game has improved my tactical flexibility and ability ingame thanks to the ease at which you can create and therefore understand Mentality frameworks.

Now before every match the meat of my "tactical design" involves setting the Player View in the tactical screen to "show Mentality" and cycling between all the Philosophy and Strategy options untill I find the core of the Fullback+Midfielder+Winger+Striker Mentality arrangement I am looking for, then switching Roles and Duties untill I find the precise setup I want, and then finally defining individual player behaviour instructions myself.

I was always great at Individual Instructions, experimenting with some fairly radical instructions, and I still do. For example in conjuction with my previous experiments on Hold Up Ball for Fullbacks and Free Role for Central Midfielders, I now experiment with Cuts Inside for Fullbacks and Moves Into Channels for Central Midfielders. However it is not hard for me to say that thanks to the TC with its Philosophies and Strategies that an entireally new world of Tactical ability has been opened up for me in FM. I can now define shapes, movement, formations like I never could before and this has enabled me to put tactical ideas onto the pitch in a way I was never capable of before.

I agree with SFraser.

All of my tactics in this version have been made solely using the TC. :thup:

I am in the same boat as crouchaldinho. I am currently in my second season with Hull City. My League situation is thus. P10 W6 D2 L2 F19 A13 Pos 3rd in the Premiership. I am playing a 4-1-2-3 formation which lines up like this. A flat back four, anchorman, two narrow CM's and three forwards [narrow positioning]. My tactics are as follows . Phil. Standard, Start Strat. Standard, Passing. More Direct, CF More Expressive, CD More Pressing, TKL default, Marking Zonal, Roam Stick to position.

I have only this one tactic using only the TC defaults except for the Anchorman. I follow my scouts advice given before the match. Based upon these I then decide whether to start with Standard, Attack, Control or Counter. I have a 4-1-4-1 SUS for the final 10-15 minutes. I rely solely on these tactics and the match shouts to try to control the match.

I have just beaten Manchester United [H] 1-0 to go 3rd in the Premiership. The after match commnnnents said " Hull were often prevented from playing as they wanted due to the high number of fouls committed by United." I am no tactics guru, by any means, but I think that this shows that you can have some success without having more than one formation/tactic. I am only in my second season because of a little illness and can't give the time to the game anymore. Kind regards.

Archived