disabling transfer window - can someone confirm?

I read on another forum that in order to disable the transfer window you have to make lots of money in one go - i.e within one transfer window. Can anyone confirm that?

Or is it possible (as I hope and pray) to earn the money over a period of a few seasons?

Thanks

I read on another forum that in order to disable the transfer window you have to make lots of money in one go - i.e within one transfer window. Can anyone confirm that?

Or is it possible (as I hope and pray) to earn the money over a period of a few seasons?

Thanks

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by erroneus:

is there such thing?nver heard of it..that would be good.how do you disable the transfer window? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its one of the hidden unlockables (there are a few in the game) - when it 'activates' you'll recieve a news item in the vein of a real-world news item (the one for transfer windows is from the FA taking a vote on whether transfer windows should be removed if I remember right) and you'll have the option to either continue as normal or activate it as an option.

Once its unlocked you can choose to start a game with it enabled if you want to (or ignore it and play as normal).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">erroneus - you can disable the window by making a huge profit in the transfer market. I haven't managed it yet but I'm working on it ;-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you saying that once you have made lot of money in one transfer window,you`re then given option to disable the transfer window?that does not happen IRL,does it?

you don't have to make the profit in one transfer window but over a period of time. How much money you need to make I guess depends on which team you are. I'm Aston Villa in 2010 and have spent around 35mill and sold players for 104mill. I haven't unlocked it yet and no it doesn't happen in real life but it will make the game more fun!

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">are you saying that once you have made lot of money in one transfer window,you`re then given option to disable the transfer window?that does not happen IRL,does it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It hasn't happened irl - however it has been mooted irl that the concept of transfer windows is in violation of the EU trading laws, as such it is possible they might be revoked at some stage in the future (which is how its presented in the game).

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leeds4lyfe:

^ Forgot something. This didn't happen with my Barcelona save file, so I believe that it only happens on an ENGLISH team's save file. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has been reported already - we're still trying to reproduce it inhouse at the moment (ie. its not something we've been able to do repeatedly, sorry you've come across it - most people appear not to have, obviously we'll rectify the problem for next version as soon as we work out whats happening).

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leeds4lyfe:

^ . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has been reported already - we're still trying to reproduce it inhouse at the moment (ie. its not something we've been able to do repeatedly, sorry you've come across it - most people appear not to have, obviously we'll rectify the problem for next version as soon as we work out whats happening). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know whether this has been reported before but I just did a little experiment. I had disable transfer window enabled and the autosave feature on. I've also been manually backing up a second game save just in case one gets corrupted. Anyway, the transfer window remains disabled as long as you don't go and reload the game again. Once you go back to a saved position the transfer window is enabled again. Very frustrating but good for stopping cheating icon_wink.gif

Archived