Inside Forward Help

Could anyone tell me how to set up an inside forward they become part of the attacking play and score goals. I know about the footiness but I want to know more about the instructions.

I have also included the set up for RVP and Fabergas in this post so any feedback would be great. I know there is some tactical masterminds on this forum and i would like to here your feedback plase.

Arshavin

Mentality 14 (I am using the advice TT 09 Role Theory for mentality which states attacking players on 14 support players 11)

Creative Freedom 14

Passing Style Short

Closing Down - whole pitch

Tackling Normal

Run From Deep - mixed

Run with ball - mixed

long shots mixed

through balls often

cross ball sometimes

cross from mixed

wide play cut inside

marking zonal

roaming no

With this set up i am not getting much from my inside forward. My team is playing with a balance system and switch between attacking and standard according to match situations.

Robin Van Persie is set to Deep Lying Forward Support and his mentality 11 because he is a support player. He drops deep and trys to play in the winger and inside forward. but he is another player that does not offer much any help with tweaking the intructions would be helpful please have a look at my set up below and let me know where i am going wrong.

Mentality 11

CF - 14

Passing - Short usally between 5 - 8

Closing Down Whole Pitch

Tackling - Normal

Run From Deep Often

Run With Ball mixed

long shots - mixed

through balls - often

crossing rarely

wide play not ticked

marking zonal

roaming no

Fabergas can be inconsistant so any help with his set up would be great - again please see below what my set up is so please offer any advice on this.

Cesc Fabergas

Advance Playmaker - Attack

Mentality is 14

CF- Much

Passing Short

Closing Down Own Half - this set to 10 on slider

Tackling - Normal

Run from Deep Often

Run with ball rarely

Long Shots - mixed

Through balls often

crossing rarely

narking zonal

Maybe not what you want to hear, but have you thought about trying to get back to basics and going with the TC defaults for a bit?

The settings you've tweaked have stopped those 3 players doing what they're supposed to be doing:

Inside Forward (attack) - you've turned Arshavin in to a support/link-up player, limiting his forward runs and dribbling but making him look to play through balls in to other players.

Deep-lying forward (support) - although Van Persie is trying to play through balls, he's constantly looking to make forward runs so is going to find himself isolated/offside and not actually all that deep-lying!

Advanced playmaker (attack) - there's a reason that the TC sets forward runs to rarely/mixed, it's so the playmaker can find space and not get ahead of the game; similarly, restricting a player of Fabregas' vision to short passing is a waste of his main talent.

Maybe not what you want to hear, but have you thought about trying to get back to basics and going with the TC defaults for a bit?

The settings you've tweaked have stopped those 3 players doing what they're supposed to be doing:

Inside Forward (attack) - you've turned Arshavin in to a support/link-up player, limiting his forward runs and dribbling but making him look to play through balls in to other players.

Deep-lying forward (support) - although Van Persie is trying to play through balls, he's constantly looking to make forward runs so is going to find himself isolated/offside and not actually all that deep-lying!

Advanced playmaker (attack) - there's a reason that the TC sets forward runs to rarely/mixed, it's so the playmaker can find space and not get ahead of the game; similarly, restricting a player of Fabregas' vision to short passing is a waste of his main talent.

Thanks for that RT

Would you suggest changing Arshavin's through balls to rarely so that he can get on the end of through balls from Van Persie. And should i change van persies forward runs to rarely so that he does not get ahead of the play.

Archived