[FM10] Pilgrim's Progress

PAFC

Introduction

Leagues: England Coca Cola League 2 and above.

Database: Medium

Version: 10.3

It has not been a good time for Argyle since the departure of Ian Holloway. Performances on the pitch have been poor, the style of play has become more direct and physical, player recruitment has been close to disastrous, and the crowds have been steadily falling.

Money is pretty tight, with the board more interested in World Cup bids and property development deals than in financially supporting the team.

Against this back drop, I took over the team in pre-season 2009/2010.

2009/2010 Half Term Report

With the playing staff available, it looks like 4-4-2 will be the best formation for this season:

GK: Larrieu: A decent Championship player, not going to up-root any trees, and he has no competition for the number 1 spot.

DR: McNamee: A solid full back, lacks pace, but a decent player.

DL: Sawyer: Another defemsively minded full-back, could be pushing into the good player category

DC: Johnson R: A good physical specimen, and good central defender.

DC: Arnason: Looks to be the best player in the side, but only rates a good. Looks to be good on the ball and can play in midfield

MR: Judge: On-loan from Blackburn, looks a good player

ML: Mackie: More of a striker, but can add pace and penetration down the left flank, hard worker, but not a great team player.

MC: Fletcher: Solid but uncreative defensive minded midfielder, good at Championship level

MC: Johnson D: Similar to Fletcher, wherein lies the problem, has slightly more class, and probably vies for the best player slot.

FC: Kenny Cooper: Good all-round centre forward, not so great at finishing.

FC: Wrigth-Phillips: Opportunistic striker, good at this level, can provide cover on the right flank.

Other Notables:

Summerfield: Skilful young central midfield player, will add the creativity and guile that is absent when he is ready

Mason: Potential star in the making, able to operate in any midfield or forward position, prefers the left flank.

Noone: Good player operating from left midfield, may develop to allow Mackie to move up front.

Duguid: Cover for right back or central midfield, and other good player

Timar: A lumbering centre half, decent cover but not a starter.

Fallon: A poor mans version of Cooper, without the pace. A better target man and deserves a good rating.

Barnes: A decent young striker, who may provide a few goals from the bench.

Due to the lack of transfer funds and wage budget, there was just one acquistion during the pre-season.

Steven Smith D/WB/M L £200K: Looks a much better all-round player than Sawyer, and is a leading player at this level

The boards expectations were that the team would battle against relegation, and despite a bright start, it was a fairly accurate prediction of what happened. Alex Smithies from Tottenham came in on loan for three months and made the goakeeping position his own, but unfortunately refused to sign an extension.

A highlight was reaching the third round of the League Cup.

End of Season 2009/2010

Recruitment wise, Mark Davies (AMC) came in on loan from Bolton to add a bit of class to centre midfield.

Eventually finished 15th in the Championship which was beyond initial expectations but not exactly earth shattering, despite breaking a long-standing record by going five games without scoring.

Went out in the third round of the FA Cup, without a whimper.

Team of the season was:

GK Larrieu

DR McNamee

DL Sawyer

DC Arneson (Highest Average Rating: 6.96, Fans Player of the Year)

DC Johnson R (Most man of the Match Awards: 5)

MR Wright-Phillips

ML Noone

MC Summerfield

MC Johnson D

FC Cooper (Top Scorer: 11 Goals)

FC Mackie

On loan Alan Judge provided the most assists with 7

2010/2011 Half Term Report

Due to the lack of transfer funds and wage budget, there was just one acquistion and three season long loans achieved during the pre-season.

Theo Lucius D/WB R DM/M C Free: Best right back option available too me, certainly none better available for free

Gael Kakutu AM LC: Adds the flair and creativity lacking elsewhere in the team, may be a bit lightweight.

Damien Plessis DM/M C: Adds a bit if steel to the midfield, will be the best defensive midfielder.

Donal McDermott AM RL: Will add some power and finesse from the wide positions

The boards expectations were that the team would consolidate their postion in the Championship, and despite offloading Chris Clark (£95K), Steven McLean (£75K), George Donnelly (£22K) and Karl Duguid (£50K), there was still not enough in the transfer budget to improve the team significantly so loans seemed to be the best option. It wasn't until I managed to offload Yoann Folly (90K) and Gary Swayer (£450K) that financially things started to look better

After a dodgy start the team did consolidate their postion, briefly promising better things, but in general looking a good mid-table bet. The loan signings definately improved the general standard of the team.

A highlight was reaching the fourth round of the League Cup.

End of Season 2010/2011

I made my third signing for the team, who despite a warning from an ex-player that he was over-priced, was a welcome upgrade:

Brian Murphy GK £325K

Junior Stanislas AM RLC Loan

I also managed to offload David McNamee (£40K), as well as loan out Joe Mason and Liam Head (two very promising youngsters) for some valuable first team experience

Eventually finished 10th in the Championship which was again beyond the board expectations but never really got a sniff of the play-offs.

Went out in the third round of the FA Cup, without a whimper.

Team of the season was:

GK Larrieu

DR Lucius

DL Smith

DC Arneson (Fans Player of the Year)

DC Johnson R (Highest Average Rating: 7.05)

DM Plessis

MR Johnson D

MC Stanislas

AML McDermott (Most Man of the Match Awards: 4, Most Assists: 8)

AMC Kakuta

FC Wright-Phillips (Top Scorer: 10)

2011/2012 Half Term Report

There were plenty of comings and goings during the pre-season, but the biggest holding factor was the wage budget. The board accepting a £1.2M offer for Steven Smith provided a war chest of more than £1M for the first time, but there was no overhead in the wage budget to bring anyone else in.

Incoming

Hocine Ragued DM/M C £60K: Tunisian defensive midfielder, looks class, but lacks pace.

Bryce Moon D/WB/M R £90K: South African wide midfielder, bags of pace and fitness.

Javi Guerra SC Free: Technically gifted, bought in to solve any goalscoring issues, lacks work-rate, but has bags of class.

Marek Cech D/WB/M L Free: Ready made replacement for Steven Smith, allowing me to bank the profit

Junior Stanislas AM RLC Loan: Versatility and no request for wages made a second season on loan a no-brainer.

Laurent Ciman DRC Free: Assistant Manager had identified the right back position as the weakest in the team, Laurent will provide the solution.

Davide Petrucci AM/F C: Skill to burn, the best AM option, no wage contribution required.

Tony Huston DR C Loan: Young French centre back, primarily providing cover, but looks destined for great things

John Bostock AM C Loan: Seems like a good acquisition, skilful, but lack team ethic.

Zeljko Stevanovic SC Free: Only 17, one for the future, will be good back-up.

Paul Rayner SC Loan: Looks like a star, can provide the physical power to back up Guerra's craft and guile

Outgoing

Alan Gow £220K

Rory Fallon £80K

Kristzian Timar Free

Jim Patterson Free

Steven Smith £1.2M

Yannick Bolasie £24K

Simon Walton £26K

The boards expectations were that the team would achieve mid-table obscurity in the Championship, but with the acquisition of so much talent I was hoping for more. Talent is relative to the division you are playing in, but I definately felt, for the first time, I was improving the team through permanent transfers as well as loan signings.

After a dodgy start the team parked themselves firmly in the promotion spots for the majority of the first half of the season, including about six weeks on top, but recent form has been a bit sporadic, and its going to be tough to maintain a challenge to the end of the season.

Managed to reach the fourth round of the League Cup for the second season running.

End of Season 2011/2012

Not much happened on the player recruitment and sale front, Paul Rayner eventually extended his loan, which was just as well because he was on fire for the second half of the season, we also managed to offload Chris Barker for £12K

Despite a rocky second half of the season, just about managed to hold it together to win the Championship with a game to go.

Eventually knocked out in the 5th Round of the FA Cup after a replay against Man Utd, having beaten Chelsea and Bolton previously via replays.

Team of the season was:

GK Murphy

DR Ciman

DL Cech

DC Arneson

DC Johnson R

DM Ragued

ML Noone

MC Summerfield

AMR Stanislas

AMC Johnson D

FC Guerra (Fans Player of the Year) (Highest Average Rating: 7.12) (Most Assists: 11)

Rayner was the top scorer with 21 goals and also had the most man of the match awards(6)

2012/2013 Half Term Report

I had a different type of problem now, an £18M war chest, a £200k wage budget, and the need to attract players good enough to survive in the Premier League. All the easy loan signings of the previous seasons were gone, they now required large up-front payments and massive wage contributions. Players who did look like they could cut the mustard and were affordable wouldn't agree terms due to a lack of wages, and those that would required hefty transfer fees. Due to supplmenting the team with loanees in the previous seasons, the current playing staff were not looking up to the task ahead, this was going to be a very tough season.

Incoming

Thomas Christensen M RC : From Copenhagen on a free, hoping he will provde the creativity from midfield

Filipe Caicedo SC: Potentially talented striker from Man City for £3.3M, immediately suffered a long-term injury on arrival.

Tomas Sokolowski DM/M C: £300K was enough to attract this hard working Norwegian international midfielder

Vadim Demedov D/DM/M C: £875K, looks a good centre half, with ball playing capabilities, another Norwegian international

Ronald Zubar D RC: I wasn't doing too good on the recruitment front, so £7M captured this good premier standard centre back on the Assistant Managers recommendation.

Mikael Jakobsen D LC: £6.75M spent on my assistant's predeliction for centre backs, we could have a very narrow team this year. Good player, Danish international, but this acquisition uses up the war chest, and I have not managed to improve on our width and flair.

Outgoing

Romain Larrieu £26K

Damien Johnson Free (Got a bit of stick of the board for this)

Jamie Mackie £3.3M (Wanted out as soon as Caicedo arrived)

Ashley Barnes £975K (Same as Mackie)

Oliver Chenoweth Free

The boards expectations were that the team would bravely battle against relegation. I am not sure we are achieving the brave bit, as we currently sit 18th with only two wins to our name.

I have been unable to find a settled formation, as the lack of versatility, and depth of quality of the playing staff, means we pretty much have to deploy the best 11 on match day, regardless of position. Narrow formations can grind out results, but goals are a priceless commodity, and we do not look like scoring many

Managed to reach the fourth round of the League Cup for the third season running, beaten on penalties by Tottenham.

I am struggling with the formatting of this, can anyone help with how to achieve bold text, and how to add screenshots please. Used to be able to do this, I think I am becoming a technophobe :-)

End of Season 2012/2013

Having been so poor to the halfway point, I knew I needed to strengthen and also settle on a defensively sound formation that could nick results. The 4-1-3-2 had seen mixed success in the first half of the season, but suited the players well.

Mark Davies came in on a free from Bolton to add some craft to midfield

Miku came in on loan from Getafe, to supplement the strikers and never really made the impact that I expected.

Fabricio also came in on loan from Man Utd to challenge for the goalkeeping spot, but never played a game.

Liam Head had a very successful loan spell at Peterborough, but the England Youth player looks completely out of his depth at this level, and may have to be moved on soon.

Mixed success proved good enough as Argyle improved to finish 15th in the Premier League. Lets hope we can learn from this season and build from here.

Eventually knocked out in the 6th Round of the FA Cup, by Everton, having had a kind draw (a welcome distraction to the relegation battle) to reach that stage.

Team of the season was:

GK Murphy

DR Ciman

DL Jakobsen (Fans Player of the Year)

DC Arneson (Highest Average Rating: 7.05)

DC Johnson R

DM Demidov

MC Kristensen

MC Summerfield

MC Sokolowski

FC Caicedo

FC Guerra (Top Goalscorer:14) (Most Assists: 6) (Most Man of the Match Awards: 4)

All the options are above the text box, you have to use codes to put in an image.. upload it via something like www.imageshack.us and use this code without the full stops [img.][/img.] and put the second link that the site gives you after uploading in between the code

Dont stress about formatting but I do it for my story but thats because I enjoy doing it, if you write well thats all that matters

How did you bring in Caicedo?!? Ill be following I do like Plymouth and I hope their job becomes avaliable during my journeyman career

All the options are above the text box, you have to use codes to put in an image.. upload it via something like www.imageshack.us and use this code without the full stops [img.][/img.] and put the second link that the site gives you after uploading in between the code

Dont stress about formatting but I do it for my story but thats because I enjoy doing it, if you write well thats all that matters

How did you bring in Caicedo?!? Ill be following I do like Plymouth and I hope their job becomes avaliable during my journeyman career

Thank you.

Caicedo was transfer listed by Man City, and as my scouts thought he was the bees knees, it was a done deal provided he was ok with the wages on offer. The only trouble was, was that as by far the best player, the other players looked poor in comparison, and it was impossible to get another star to add to the team.

To be fair Guerra was outstanding as his partner, so it worked out ok in the end. A hard working, narrow formation behind the top two, who basically fed off scraps for the season.

2013/2014 Half Term Report

We appeared to be improving, and holding our own towards the back end of last season. The trick this season would be to consolidate, and perhaps start attempting to play more adventurous football. The £25M transfer budget was a great help, as was the increased wage budget (which again was more likely to prove the holding factor). The boards expectations are that we will battle bravely against relegation, but the signs during pre-season were positive.

Incoming

Chris Cohen AM C : £2.9M from Lyon, equally at home in the centre midfield role, a cut above the existing midfield options.

Gianmarco Zigone SC: £2.8M from Milan, potentially the most talented player I have signed, a young striker with bags of skill and a physical presence.

Douglas Costa AM LC: £8.75 from Shakhtar, looks good either on the left wing or in the amc position, hope we get style and substance from him.

Juan Pablo Carrizo GK: £5.5M frpm Dinamo Kiev, is far better than one of last seasons hero's Murphy

John Fleck AM/F LC: Loan signing from Rangers, adds to the creative options, but can also be a back up strker.

Acaymo AM RC: Loan signing from Deportivo, bought in to add an option on the right hand side if we ever lined up that way.

Outgoing

Carl Fletcher Free

Bradley Wright Phillips £1.6M

Michael Bradbrook £12K

Lloyd Saxton £180K

Sean Kinsella £375K

Luke Young £180K

Laurent Ciman £2.9M

The team settled into a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, which proved to be immediately effective. I noticed that we lack Englishmen, which became apparent when we couldn't register a full team , and proved the deciding factor in letting Ciman go.

The team held onto their bright start and got to mid-season in 7th place, and also reached the quarter finals of the League Cup before losing to Birmingham on penalties.

End of Season 2013/2014

Having had such a great first half, I was happy to maintain the momentum and didn't feel the need to urgently strengthen

Roel Verhoef (DM M C)came in to the consternation of the former players who felt he was over-priced at £3.2M, but at 18 I think he has a great future ahead of him in the heart of the midfield. I let Craig Noone leave for £1.7M as due to the narrowing of the formation, he was looking surplus to requirements

Despite a few hiccoughs, the league position was maintained and a strong finish, meant the last game of the season at Anfield, would decide the last Champions League spot. Liverpool were a point ahead in 4th, whilst Argyle sat on 5th ahead of Wolves in 6th on goal difference. It didn't start well as I ignored Mariner's advice to not go defensive, and Liverpool scored in the opening minutes, despite immediately switching to counter, Liverpool scored again to get to half-time 2-0 ahead. We equalised early in the second half through Zigone, but with time running out I introduced Guerra from the bench in place of Caicedo, and the match changed, Guerra immediately played Zigone through to score, and then a few minutes later Costa played Guerra through, and despite there being a few minutes of normal and injury time left we walked away with a fortunate 3-2 victory (and 4th place in the bag).

Managed to reach the 6th Round of the FA Cup, but got knocked by an injury time winner from Newcastle.

Team of the season was:

GK Carrizo

DR Zubar

DL Jakobsen

DC Arneson

DC Johnson R

DM Demidov

MC Kristensen

MC Verhoef

AMC Cohen (Most Assists: 12)

FC Zigoni (Top Goalscorer:16) (Highest Average Rating 7.16) (Most Man of the Match Awards: 5) (Fans Player of the Year)

FC Guerra

I need to mention Sokolowski, Costa and Caicedo in dispatches who actually played more often more often than Demidov, Guerra and Kristensen/Verhoef, but fell foul of the average ratings.

• 2 weeks later...

2014/2015 Half Term Report

More consolidation was my plan, the board were expecting a respectable mid-table position, and gave a me a kitty of £32M to achieve it. I replaced Paul Mariner with Paco Ayestaran as Assistant Manager, who immediately wanted to strengthen the central defensive positions again.

Incoming

Michael Mancienne D RC : £14M from Genoa, our first current England international, maybe the kiss of death to his international career.

Mathias Jorgensen DC: £4.1M from Napoli, another physically strong defender

Mark Crosas DM M C: £10M from Celtic, looks a quality deep lying playmaker type.

Jack Wilshere AM RLC: £675K Loan from Arsenal, with a view to providing some back-up to Costa, and potentially some width if required

Outgoing

Hocine Ragued £925K

Bryce Moon £2.5M

Marcel Seip £800K

Marek Cech £800K

Brian Murphy £1.1M

Ryan Leonard Free

Mark Davis £1.9M

Luke Summerfield £1.3M

Losing Zigoni with cruciate ligemants for 9 months after a couple of games really set us back, and the team is now deep in a relegation struggle lying in 15th place. Zigoni's absence meant that we had only one strong forward, so the strategy of playing 2 up front was probably not a good idea, but due to the lack of quality wide players meant that options were limited.

League Cup

Knocked out in our first match (third round) by Man City, expectation was that we would reach the fourth round (the first time I have failed to hit the expectation in any competition).

Champions League

On the brighter side we managed to come through a two legged war with Benfica to qualify for the Group stage, but the fairy tale ended there as we failed to win a single game and ended up bottom of a group containing Palermo, Valencia and Werder Bremen

End of Season 2014/2015

Never say never. :-)

Due to a lack of goals, and depth in the forward department i have invested in John Fleck AM LC/FC for £1.6M, and Fabian Delph MC looked very good value at £1.1M

The team gradually improved over the second half of the season, and 13th place was a fair reflection of the capability of the team, proving that we were punching well above our weight last season, and didn't have the strength in depth to cope with injuries to key players.

Only managed to reach the 5th Round of the FA Cup, this time around, further indication that we are marking time, until we have strength in depth.

Team of the Season

GK Carrizo

DR Zubar

DL Jakobsen (Highest Average Rating: 7.02) (Fans Player of the Year)

DC Jorgensen

DC Johnson R

DM Crosas

MC Cohen

MC Verhoef

AMC Costa (Most Assists: 9)

FC Caceido (Top Goalscorer:16) (Most Man of the Match Awards: 5)

FC Fleck

2015/2016 Half Term Report

Having taken a step backwards last season, I identified two areas of improvement in the coming season. I felt that we needed to have more options than just playing very narrow, if we were to progress from mid-table into European challengers, and also we needed to have strength in depth, so injuries to key players e.g. Zigoni would not force to us into playing Championship/League One class strikers. I still felt the need to improve the overall quality of the team, with a budget of £29M, this was going to be a hard ask, which in some ways is a tribute to the players already at Argyle.

Incoming

Joe Mattock D/WB L : Free from Schalke, looks solid in defence and can offer something going forward.

David de Gea GK: Free from Atletico Madrid, initially bought as cover for Carrizo, may be even better.

Max Gradel AM RL : £4.2M from Leeds, will provide width down the right flank, a good, but not leading player at this level

Jack Wilshere AM RLC: £2.5M from Arsenal, never made a first team breakthrough last year, a useful squad player and very versatile in the attacking third.

Omar Zaboul D/WB R: £8.25M from West Ham, similar to Mattock will provide a specialist full-back option as opposed to the converted centre backs that have being doing the job in the last few seasons

Emmanuel Collins SC: £12.5M from Nantes, looks the business up-front, lacks flair, but his physical attributes and work-rate will compensate

Florin Ichim AM L: £13M from Napoli, an out and out winger, will be a leading player at this level, only 21 years old.

Outgoing

Javi Guerra Free: A legend, sad to see him go, but time has caught up with him.

Thomas Kristensen £700K: Has been increasingly marginalised over the last two seasons, time to move on.

Felipe Caicedo £10.5M: Wouldn't sign a new contract, so had to move him on.

Joe Mason £2.9M: One of the original squad, unfortunately not up to this level.

Kari Arnason £220K: Another original, and also a legend, again this is down to time catching up with a player.

Frank Elwell, who looks like he will be the first player to come through the youth system and is already part of the England U20 team, and Liam Head, who has failed to fulfill early potential have been loaned out for experience and exposure to first team football.

It took a while to adjust to having wide players again, but it eventually began to click (asymmetric 4-2-3-1), although this has meant only one of Collins and Zigoni gets a start, which is just as well given their susceptibility to injuries. The team are hovering around 5th spot in the table, but Arsenal look to be out of sight already in the race for the league title.

League Cup

Lost on penalties to Chelsea in the 3rd Round of the League Cup

End of Season 2015/2016

Financially the clubs situation was great so any surplus transfer funds were sacrificed to ensure the club could spend against accumulating debt. We sold Stefanovic to Coventry during the window as the £1.4M would come in very handy, and the player had failed to progress as we had hoped (the move may be good for him as well).

We lost our way over the second half of the season, far too inconsistent and ended up in 8th place. Unfortunately this was not good enough to qualify for Europe. It is not looking good for the club on the financial front, and we desperately need a good cup run, or another form of income, otherwise we may need to set our sites lower in terms of the players we are recruiting, which in turn would put pressure on my dubious tactical ability. Zigoni, following last seasons long injury lay-off, is still trying to re-establish himself as a force at this level, but fortunately Costa had a brilliant season.

Lost in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup. Shame because we needed a cup run.

Team of the Season

GK De Gea

DR Zaboul

DL Jakobsen

DC Jorgensen

DC Mancienne

DM Verhoef

ML Ichim

MC Costa (Top Goalscorer: 15) (Most Assists: 6)

AMR Gradel

AMC Wilshere

FC Collins (Highest average rating: 7.22) (Most man of the match Awards: 5) (Fans Player of the Year)

• 1 month later...

2016/2017 Half Term Report

We had a quiet August transfer window, and only splashed out on one player, £23M for Jamie Price, an English International centre forward, who can also play in an attacking midfield role. At 20 he was already a star, and perhaps displayed that we could attract star quality and not just players other teams do not want, or misfits.

Reda Johnson, Vadim Demedov, Juan Pablo Carrizo and Tomasz Sokolowski all left the club in the window, and with Liam Head and Frank Elwell heading out on loan again, this left us quite short, particularly in central midfield and up front.

We only survived one match in the League Cup, going out to Huddersfield, and this set the tone for our first half performance flirting equally with the fringe of the relegation battle and mid-table obscurity. I always had the impression that the team was far better than this, but injuries to all three strikers (Collins, Zigoni and Price) meant that we ended up with John Fleck as the main spearhead, and unfortunately as predicted (by others) his attitude deteriorated and he became a pain in the backside.

2016/2017 End of Season Report

I decided at the January window to focus efforts on the centre of midfield and up-front, and was delighted to bring in Michael Woods from Deportivo for a mere £3.8M to cover in central midfield. At the same time I offloaded Fleck (£2.9M) and sacrificed my wingers Florin Ichim (£10M, but subsequently sold onto Barcelona for £19M) and Max Gradel (£7.5M).

I was dissapointed at how little of this money found its way back into the transfer kitty so it looked like a decent striker was not attainable, but in a quirk of fortune the board decided to accept a bid of £45.5M for Price, so the striker became a must have and I now had £22M to invest. i went for Paul Rayner (£12M) who had previously been on loan at the club when we were in the Championship. His stats looked great, but he only had a 2.5 star rating, I took the chance and was rewarded with a 3.5 star striker :-)

We were able to consolidate from this point on, Zigoni and Collins came back from long term injury, and we ended up having a run to the semi-final of the FA Cup consolidating our status as the 8th best team in the country. This year due to the fair play rules, European qualification was achieved, and for the first time in their history Plymouth will be playing in the Euro Cup next season.

Team Report

GK: David De Gea : 26 year old Spanish youth international, arrived on a free transfer at the start of 2015/2016 season. A quality player.

RB: Omar Zaboul : 22 year old Dutch international (4 caps), arrived for a fee of £8.25M at the start of 2015/2016 season. A fairly good player.

CB: Michael Manciene : 29 year old English international (3 caps), arrived for a fee of £14M at the start of 2014/2015 season. A quality player.

CB: Matias Jorgenson : 27 year old Danish international (71caps), arrived for a fee of £4.1M at the start of 2014/2015 season. A fairly good player.

LB: Joe Mattock : 27 year old English youth international, arrived on a free at the start of 2015/2016 season. A fairly good player.

DM: Mark Crosas : 29 year old Scottish international (13 caps), arrived for a fee of £10M during the 2014/2015 season. A good player.

MC: Roel Verhoef : 22 year old Dutch international (5 caps), arrived for a fee of £3.2M during the 2013/2014 season. A fairly good player.

MC: Fabien Delph : 27 year old English youth international, arrived for a fee of £1.1M at the during the 2014/2015 season. A good player.

AM: Douglas Costa : 27 year old Brazilian youth international, arrived for a fee of £8.75M at the start of 2013/2014 season. A quality player.

FC: Emmanuel Collins : 24 year old French international (4 caps), arrived for a fee of £12.6M at the start of 2015/2016 season. A key player.

FC: Gianmarco Zigoni : 26 year old Italian youth international, arrived for a fee of £2.8M at the start of 2013/2014 season. A quality player.

Squad Players

CB: Michael Jakobsen : 31 year old Danish international (57 caps), arrived for a fee of £6.7M at the start of 2012/2013 season. A useful player.

CB: Ronald Zubar : 32 year old French youth international, arrived for a fee of £7M at the start of 2012/2013 season. A useful player.

MC: Michael Wood : 27 year old Englishman, arrived for a fee of £3.8M during the 2016/2017 season. A good player.

MC: Chris Cohen : 30 year old English youth international, arrived for a fee of £2.9M during the 2013/2014 season. A fairly good player.

AMC: Jack Wilshere : 25 year old English youth international, arrived for a fee of £2.5M at the during the 2015/2016 season. A useful player.

ST: Paul Rayner : 23 year old English youth international, arrived for a fee of £12M during the 2016/2017 season. A quality player

Player Awards

Top Goalscorer: Zigoni 17

Most Assists: Costa 6

Highest Average Rating: Zigoni 7.25

Most Man of the Match: Zigoni 7

Fans Player of the Year: Zigoni

Archived