[FM10] Everton FC- champions league or bust

ac13

First ever game on db 10.3

Manager rep- sunday league footballer

Leagues running- Eng to league 2, top 2 divisions in Italy, spain and germany.

No transfer window signings

I was hoping to attain champ league football asap so as not to lose the stars and promising youngsters that would likely become unsettled without it. Also Everton's finances are pretty poor so it's needed for that reason too. This is how it's going so far. i'll update in more detail after a few seasons.

First half Season one

8 wins 6 draws and 5 defeat is a decent start considering the injuries to Jagielka and Arteta, as well as my lowly reputation. Vaughan being the top scorer with 8 league goals shows this is the weakest area. Knocked out by Man City in 4th round of league cup. Looking good to progress to knockout stage of Europa league.

Transfers in

Michael Woods- Chelsea 275k

Corry Evans- Man U 475k

Djalo- Sporting 1m

V D Vaart- R.Mad loan 500k

F Gago- R Mad 3.5m

Transfers out

Hibbert- sevilla 2.9m

coleman- Leicester 2m

Second half season 1

League- 16 wins 9 draws and 13 defeats. Only good enough for 8th position.

europa League- Knocked out by Fiorentina in 2nd knockout round after 2 good performances against Celtic in round 1.

F.A Cup- Lost to Tottenham in semi final

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx338/alutac13/everton/Best110910.png

Transfers August 2010

In

Mucha- free

Almeida- Werder Bremen 4.4m

Castro- Deportivo 2m

Caceras-Barcelona 2m

Out

Yakubu- Lazio 3.5m

Heitinga- Sevilla 10m

Pienaar- Levurkusen 7.75m

Season 2 First half

Started pretty well with 4 wins 5 draws and just the one defeat to Chelsea in the league. Almeida scored 8 goals in that time.

Then hit a bad run of 3 wins 3 draws and 4 defeats for an overall record of 6 wins 8 draws and 5 defeats. way to many draws to look like Champions league material. Almeida went 9 games without scoring before getting 5 in 2 games taking him to 13 games at transfer window time.

Was knocked out of the league cup by West ham in round 3 in a diappointing display.

I didn't have much money and hoped my team would improve as they gelled a bit more so just brought in Malouda for 3.6m from Chelsea and sold Distin and Djalo for 2.5m and 2m respectively

Season 2 second half

Started the new year brilliantly with 9 wins and 3 draws before my first defeat to Liverpool. Castro was my man scorer in that time contributing 6 goals. Malouda was fitting in very well playing just behind the striker.

Just as CL qualification looked possible the team lost the abiliy to win. 4 draws and 2 defeats followed only ended on the final day of league play when i managed to beat Shef Wed.

League- Finished in 6th 6 points better off than previous year thanks to 6 more draws and 6 less losses. scored 11 more goals and conceeded 2 less.

FA Cup- beat coventry, ipswich, middlesborough, huddersfield, newcastle and then Chelsea (Cole o.g) to win my first trophy.

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx338/alutac13/everton/best11season2.png

Transfers August 2011

Major transfers in

Van Den borre- 2 clubs 550k

kompany- man city 500k loan

Poli- sampdoria 8m

Also brought in a hungarian u21 left winger (Nagy), a Eng u21 right winger from luton for 150k (Max austin) . an Eng u21 striker Man City had released ( Nimely-Tchuimeni), an u21 striker from juve (Immobile) for 1m and an Arg u21 striker from Mallorca B for 300k (Santiago Fernandez).

Transfers out

Gago- chelsea 15m

Anichebe- hull 2m

Mucha- Man City 6.25m

Malouda- Lyon 10m

Castro- Deportivo 2m

I was trying to reduce the wage bill and get cash in so the board would substantially increase the stadium. They said they were going to but didn't.

season 3- First half

unsurprisingly with me letting go of some top players and not really replacing them the first half of season did not go well. Reached the Jan transfer window wit a record of 7 wins 5 draws and 7 defeats. After 16 games had been in danger of being sacked but a draw and 2 wins gave me some renewed hope. Goalscoring was a real problem with just 20 goals scored. vaughan was top with 7.

League cup- lost on pens to West ham in 1/4 finals

Euro cup- 3 wins 2 draws and 1 defeat in group stages meant through to knock out stages

Transfers in

Joe Hart- Man City 3.5m

Estaban Granero- R Madrid- 8m

Much improved second half of the season saw me finish a somewhat respectable 8th. Almeida started scoring regularly although he had a couple of longish injuries. Granero played quite well until he got upset that I didn't register him for the euro cup (i thought he was cup tied due to playing for madrid in europe already). Ended the season with 58 points, only one more than in my first season.

F.A Cup- lost in 5r to tottenham

Euro Cup- Again lost to Fiorentina in r2 after beating Valencia in 1st knockout round

Aug 2012

transfers in

Aaron Hunt- Bremen- free

K Petrov- D Kiev- 7.5m

K Walker- Tottenham- 7.5m

F Delph- A.Villa-1.5m

E Eroglu- Ankaragucu- free (regen who looks like could he could be a pacier version of arteta)

th_ErsinEroglu.png

Transfers out

m caceras- Atl Madrid- 7.5m

e Granero- Sevilla- 10m

u Emanuelson- Inter- 7.5

A Poli- Udinese- 10m

P Jagielka- Barcelona- 6m

Hunt was in to replace Emanuelson and I was now using Rodwell exclusively as a central defender so didn't really need Jagielka. Walker coming in meant no need for Caceras to cover at right back. Only problem was having no reserve left back other than young Luke Garbett so had to hope for no injury to baines. Again hoped the 30m profit in transfers would lead to an increased stadium. Again I was disappointed.

Archived