[FM10] "Want Mersey? Go to church"

jackripper

i know i currently have a save with Lyon but ive started a game with Everton to juggle between the both games.

DB-10.3 no edits.

Everton F.C --Barclays Premier League--2009/10

A great season in all with a 23 match unbeaten run ended at Arsenal, We took home our first trophy in not sure how many years with the Carling Cup, The Euro Cup was chosen over FA Cup and it paid off as we reach the final

Tactics -I chose this tactic to complement the strong midfeild i have. With Cahill playing in his prefered role just behind the strikers running into the box i knew he would get me goals. A flat back four with 2 players in centre mid to cover the attacking wingers, Cahill who support my lone striker. The perfect tactic which many teams should find hard to counter.

League Table -We finish above expectation as we sit in 4th place, If we could turn the draws into wins we could push for a title challenge but if they turn to defeats we could struggle to qualify for even the Europa Cup.

Carling cup -A great acheivement as we win 3-0 against Fulham as we lifted the first League Cup in our history.

Fa Cup -I sacrificied the FA Cup for Europa Cup in the 5th round as my reserves lost to Villa 3-0,

Europa Cup -We lose to Werder Bremen in extra time in the final with Fellaini getting himself sent off and possibly costing us the cup. An amazing feat into reaching the final.

Squad -Blessed with many great midfeilders my main areas to strengthen would no doubt be a new striker to play up front on his own with Cahill just behind. A new goalkeeper maybe needed if we get the right funds. Akinfeev in mind.

Transfers -We spent £8.75 mil on mainly youngsters like Cristaldo, Rodriguez and Verratti all coming in. To balance the books i sold £10.75mil of talent big names like Yakuba,Saha and Hibbert all leaving Goodison Park.

Key Player -Tim Cahill takes the award with 25 goals in 46 games in the AMC role he really excelled and show his quality. the same again next season please Tim.

Next Season Review

Improve the weak areas in the squad. possibly a goalkeeper and another striker depending on the budget my board give me. Reach the group stages of the Champs League mainly for the money side of it as were no where near ready for it.

Latest News

Stadium Expansion

The board decide to spend £13million of cash we really havent got on expanding the stadium, something i didnt even request i suppose it will help balance out with more income raked in on match day but i for one cant remember a month in which we made profit. I just hope this doesnt affect my transfer budget for next season but i feel it will unfortunatly.

Everton Football Club 2010/11

League Table We chased Man City all the way as we stayed 2nd most of the season. We finished 5 points behind in our highest league finish Next step to win the title.

Squad Possibly Evertons best squad theyve ever had. Though with Cahill ageing time for Verratti to step up and stake his claim for his spot.

Transfers Great success in transfer market as after a whole year of persuading Akinfeev he signs for £15million. Also bought a few youth products my scouts found on there travels. We did lose Arteta to Atl Madrid but he was 29 and we got £24million for him.

Champions League We reached the knock out stages by finishing 2nd in our group but we lost to Real Madrid 5-3 on Agg. Well pleased we made it past the group stages and the money will be handy.

FA Cup We made the 5th round but lost in a replay against Spurs who seem to be a thorn in my backside.

League Cup Another great showing in the cup but we lose to Chelsea in the semi finals.

Key Player Tamas Pal 19 year old striker stepped up to the plate and put in quality perfomances with 18 goals in 19 games. Will push Cristaldo for a starting spot next season. His values shot up ten fold as he was signed for £625k.

Next Season Review

To win the league and progress from groups of Champions League and make one final of the domestic cups. Replace the legend Cahill.

Latest News

A bit of a situation occured when Bill Kenwright stepped down from Chairman

evetake.jpg

But then only a few months later the new chairman wants to step down which confuses me. Maybe its due to the debt we still have tied to the club.

ummx.jpg

Archived