[FM10] All roads lead to...Changwon City?

teej9

So, after reading the "journeyman stories" for a few years I thought I'd give it a whirl. Here's the set up:

FM 10.2

Leagues: (All) S. Korea, Denmark, N. Ireland, Wales, Chile, Holland, Turkey and Uruguay. England from League 2 and the top two divisions from Spain, Italy and France.

Rep: Sunday League.

The goal: Have a fun proper traveling game. I tend to get stuck on one team in every save.

Seeing over 20 available jobs at the start was great.

In the end I got one offer, Changwon City, a semi pro side in the South Korean N-League. They offered me 1,500 p/m with a 30k transfer budget and 26k p/m wage.

We are a fairly new side formed in 2003, affectionately referred to as...Changwon City. We play in the Changwon Civil Stadium, which amazingly holds 30,000 of which 27,000 are seated. That said we only draw 387.

2aadc89.jpg

With the N-League on their mid season break we sit in 3rd. Very impressive for a side predicted 10th in a 14 team league. Having a look through the side we had 44 players and they have no reserve teams in the N-League. Ergo, first order of business, drop the dead weight. In the end I had to give 23 players frees, expensive but we have a bit of cash, and I brought in 7 players on frees from the extensive Korean high school circuit, a few could be top notch.

Jung Sun-Bi: He's gonna play in the hole in my 4312. Very skilled for this level.

Choi Kil-Ho: He looks solid as well one of my 3 MC's.

So with a while to go until the season starts again I scheduled a friendly against the National Police. The boys played very well, We dominated from the start. Sun-Bi in his team debut banged in two and another new signing, Hyuan, put the third one home.

Final 3-0

So, it looks like I've taken a over-performing team and made them better. We shall see...

The closing stage of the season has started and we have been playing ok:

H Vs BTC: 2-1 W

We didn't play all that well. We got a nice goal on 25 minutes, but really couldn't do much after that. They hit us on a break away just after HT, but gave away a silly penalty to let us steal the win.

A vs Gangneug City: 2-3 L

Tough match against one of the top sides. They dominated the opening 45 taking a 2 goal lead. We hit back and equalized on 79 minutes and I thought we had a draw, but they hit a 35 yard scorcher at 88 to sink us. They deserved the win.

H vs Honchun: 2-0 W

Scored two early then nothing. Good win but we lack a killer instinct methinks.

A vs Hummel: 2-1 W

Tough opponent, they got a man sent off and gave us a pen at 45 minutes, then we hit them again on 49. After that, they showed their quality even a man down and dominated the final portion scoring one late. We held though and got the win.

A vs Cheonan City: 1-1 D

This one was billed as an easy win for us but they would have none of it. They smashed us all match but we got lucky and pulled a late one back for a point.

Impressions: This league can be infuriating because there isn't much difference top to bottom. Any team can destroy you and vice versa. Also, you play at least two matches a week, which can be tough. We're playing ok, but I think i made a few too many new signings as we haven't gelled with 6 new in the first 11.

The next 4:

H vs Korea Railroad: 0-0 D

A vs Yesan: 2-0 W

H vs Kimhae: 1-0 W

A vs KHNP: 1-1 D

After a rash of injuries in the mid field I brought in a couple of new guys who have filled in well. I have managed to offload a few overpaid players and poached the N-Leagues top scorer for a fee of 0. With 4 matches left we are hanging on to a 1 point lead in the table. Only 6 points separate us from 6th place so we will have to play well.

One bit of trouble I am having is we only draw about 400 per match. By comparison the top average in the league is 14,000.

Unfortunately I had accidently set my rep as automatic and it became an issue when I got offered the Portsmouth job. So I have restarted with a Sunday league Rep and now have signed with Cheonan City in the N-League. If there is interest I will make a thread, if not good luck on your career's. This is always my favorite forum for a good read.

Archived