Sudden team implosion

I'm hoping that someone out there can explain what might have gone wrong with my team, Aberystwyth. Last season I won the league and a domestic cup with a team I've largely built myself. I have 5 strikers, and between them they got 67 goals in all competitions last season. I lost 3 league games in the season, and 2 of those were after I'd won the league and was experimenting with formations and tactics etc.

This season, I lost 2-0 and 3-1 to Omonia in the Euro Cup, but was expected to get absolutely destroyed. I was expected to lose heavily to a full strength St Mirren side in a friendly, and lost 3-4. I played the Glenn Hoddle Academy, 32 shots, 20 on target, 17 clear cut chances, and we won

12-0. So far, so good. 2 continental matches, 2 friendlies, 9 conceded, 17 scored. Then the league started.

Bala: 0-0 29 chances, 15 clear cut chances 3 shots on target

Langefni: 0-2 17 chances, 9 clear cut, 0 shots on target

Newtown 0-1 23 chances, 14 clear cut, 5 shots on target

Airbus 0-1 28 chances, 11 clear cut, 1 shot on target

Rhyl 1-1 25 chances, 1 clear cut, 1 shot on target, 1 goal (pen)

I didn't get rid of ANY player who made my first team in the past 2 years, and brought in, over 2 years, 23 who's attributes are better than my current players. Last year the league looked like this: P34 W24 D7 L3 Scored 58 Conceded 19. So is there something I've done or might there be a glitch in the game? I just don't understand the huge difference in scoring, especially when the friendlies indicate we are in decent scoring form. I know the GH Academy side played like donkeys, but we had 7 different scorers in that match, and they weren't the ones who scored in the St Mirren. So I was going into the season with NINE players having scored 1-4 goals. Please advise! I've checked through the Tactical Theroems 10, and changed my passing, mentality and tempo as suggested, but that was after the Langefni game and it's had, apart from a penalty, absolutely NO effect. I've tried all 5 of my strikers in different formations and set ups....flat front two, lone striker and AMC, target and quick, quick and good in the air, target and poacher, advanced and deep-lying forwards, lone striker and inside forward. No change, no effect whatsoever.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Red Dragon, watch a full match instead of highlights, and see first if you can spot anything in your team's performance, Strikers movement off the ball, where you are losing too many balls in your Attack organization, anything that you can eliminate first and then start the next phase. Fine Tuning your team to challenge new season.

Archived