[FM10] Money Talks

Notts County FC

Notts_county_crest.png

Version : 10.2, Large Database.

Database Changes: Super Bladesman’s update

Leagues Running: USA(MLS only), England (Level 10 and above), France (CFA and above), Germany (Third Division and above), Italy (Serie C2 and above), N.Ireland (Second Division and above), Ireland (First Division and above), Scotland (Third Division and above), Spain (Second Division B and above), Wales (Premier League only).

Starting Reputation: Semi Professional Footballer

Notts County - Season 09/10 - League Two

Transfers pt1

Transfers pt2

The bulk of my budget was spent on David Edwards which meant that I had to make good use of the free transfer and loan market. However the chairman gave me extra funds in December which allowed me to purchase Nacho Novo and Steven Thompson. The squad received a total overhaul as I looked to add players that could perform not only at League Two level, but in League One as well.

League Table

Finished 1st with a clear lead over second place although a defeat in the last game of the season prevented us from reaching the 100 point mark.

Cups

League Cup

FA Cup

Paint Trophy

Nothing much to say here, disappointing all round.

Awards

Top Scorer - David Edwards - 16

Most Assists - David Edwards - 21

Highest Average Rating - David Edwards - 7.41

Most Man of the Match - David Edwards (There’s a pattern emerging here) - 11

Fans Player of the Year - (You guessed it..) David Edwards

Notts County Best Eleven

League Two Best Eleven

Manager of the Year

Season High(s)

Notts County 5 - 0 Hereford

Season Low(s)

Grimsby 6 - 1 Notts County

At the time of this match, Grimsby were bottom of the league while I was top.

As a Forest fan, I hope you crash and burn with this save! ;)

Seriously though, I hope you get relegated! ;)

Really though, good luck :thup: Some good signings in Novo and Thompson. They should put a few goals away for you (unfortunately ;)).

Notts County - Season 10/11 - League One

Transfers Pt 1

Transfers Pt 2

Another busy season in the transfer market, with 9 players arriving on Bosman's. Out of these 9, Marlon Harewood, Marek Saganowski and Martin Taylor would be the only players to make a significant contribution to our season.

Naughton and Matic were brought in on loan to add some premiership quality to the side while Matt Hill was brought in on loan to provide depth in the left back position.

Ross Jenkins, George Boyd and Damien Plessis were my big money signings of the summer, with Jenkins signed as one for the future, Boyd signed to provide some creativity in the attacking midfield role and Plessis signed on the back of his impressive performances on loan last season. With the chairman again giving me more money to spend in January, I splashed out on Andy Keogh and Don Cowie in an attempt to add more Championship quality to the team.

League Table

We started the season poorly, losing our opening two games but a change of tactics sent us on a 21 game unbeaten run, setting a new club record in the process. Good cup runs meant that we regularly had games in hand over leaders Charlton and we finally went top of the table late on in the season. Two key victories against 2nd place Charlton and 3rd place Sheffield Wednesday extended our lead at the top. However, in the final stretch, we stumbled over the finish line, winning only one of our last four games, losing on the final day but managing to secure the title due to Charlton also losing.

Cups

League Cup

FA Cup

Paint Trophy

Much better in the cups this year, we exited the League Cup early on but went on a good run in the FA Cup, albeit against lower league opposition, before being stopped by Liverpool in the Seventh Round. In the Paint Trophy however, we managed to go all the way, comfortably beating Brentford in the final to secure my first cup trophy.

Awards

Top Scorer - Marek Saganowski - 32

Most Assists - Ross Jenkins - 18

Highest Average Rating - Marlon Harewood - 7.35

Most Man of the Match - Marek Saganowski - 7

Fans Player of the Year - Marek Saganowski

Notts County Best Eleven

League One Best Eleven

Manager of the Year

Season High(s)

Notts County 5 - 0 Doncaster

Big win over the recently relegated side

Reading 0 - 2 Notts County

Great FA Cup win against the championship side.

Notts County 4 - 4 Doncaster

A second leg that was much closer than it should have been after we'd won the away leg 2-0. A stunning performance by Nacho Novo won us the tie.

Season Low(s)

Watford 4 - 2 Notts County

Our unbeaten run comes to an abrupt end.

And as a special present for my only replier so far - Championship Table 10/11

• 3 weeks later...

Notts County - Season 11/12 - Coca Cola Championship

Transfers Pt 1

Transfers Pt 2

I released and or sold few players who I felt who couldn't cope at Championship level early in the transfer window with Seyfo Soley following in October due to him not getting enough football having only made 4 appearances the previous season, and none in this season.

January led to another clear out of the first team squad. Brian Stock and Marlon Harewood were both sold on having failed to impress while Danny Simpson was sold due to the £21,000 per week wages I had given him in a moment of madness last season. Andy Keogh, Nacho Novo and Febian Brandy were let go due to not being in the first team and also to free up some room in the wage budget.

My first two signings of the summer were two great prospects recommended to me by my scouts (Parry and O'Neill) and David Limbersky, a talented 27 year old who could play on both wings or both full back positions. Two backup signings in McCourt and Little were followed up with my biggest signings so fat. The free transfer acquisitions of Simon Davies and Michael Owen, alongside the big money signings of Ferrie Bodde and Leigh Griffiths.

After a very poor start to the season, I brought in some proven quality, mainly on loan, to help us try and stay in the Championship.

League Table

I started the season with optimistic hopes of possibly sneaking a playoff spot, but not winning a league game until the end of September quickly put an end to those hopes. We flitted in and out of the relegation zone throughout the first part of the season, mainly due to a leaky defence. At one point of the season we went 12 games without keeping a clean sheet. Some good signings in January led an upturn in form that pulled us away from the bottom pack and we secured our Championship place with 3 games to spare.

Cups

League Cup

FA Cup

We were embarrassed and outclassed in the League Cup and it was that match that made me worry for our Championship future. We did well to take Portsmouth to a replay although to 2-2 home draw flattered us as we were second best throughout the game only to be saved by two stunning long range strikes.

Awards

Top Scorer - Leigh Griffiths - 19

Most Assists - Leigh Griffiths - 8

Highest Average Rating - Darron Gibson - 7.08

Most Man of the Match - Kasper Schmeichel - 3

Fans Player of the Year - Kasper Schmeichel

Key Players

Kasper Schmeichel

A great season from the keeper, despite the stats showing otherwise. Kept us in countless games and was very solid behind a very poor defence.

Wilfred Bouma

Brought in on loan in January and was a fixture in the left back position, taking over captaincy duties at times too.

Leigh Griffiths

His performances tailed off towards the end of the season but he single handedly kept us going with his goals between September and December.

Ishmael Miller

After signing for a bargain 325k in January, he helped fire us to safety in the latter stages of the season.

Prospects

Mark O'Neill

The young Irishman has improved greatly over the course of the season put in some good performances down the left wing.

Jamie Parry

Found his first team chances limited due to Schmeichel's performances but looks set to become a star.

Carlos De La Barrera

Young pacey defender signed in January and quickly helped solidify a poor back line.

Notts County Best Eleven

Season High(s)

N/A

Season Low(s)

Notts County 4 - 4 Charlton

3 points thrown away against fellow relegation battlers after throwing away a three goal lead.

Notts County 2 - 5 Peterborough

A demoralising defeat against a team 3 places below us in the table.

Peterborough 4 - 1 Notts County

Another heavy defeat against the same team.

Archived