Coaching Stars

This may be a question that's been answered countless times before, but in my brief scanning I was unable to find an immediate answer.

I'm playing FM 09, and I was once told that coaching stars in various areas (tactical, ball control, etc.) on the Coach Training screen don't actually affect how much your players will improve in those areas. On the contrary, I was told the stars only affect how much training load that coach can handle before it becomes a medium or heavy load for them. Can someone rule one way or the other on this for me? Because I'm curious if its worth dropping thousands of pounds per week on coaches to make sure all coaching attributes for youth and senior players are 7-star, or if it really won't have too much effect either way. Thanks.

I read this as well, but I also seem to remember the FM 09 manual(or was it FM 08?) saying something along the lines of - The higher starred a coach is, the higher he is able to raise the attributes of players. But my guess is as good as yours, I always get the best coaches just in case anyway (time for a major overhaul of the training section, are you listening SI?)

Archived