(09) Bad Tackling + 10 men

Right, before i start I'd like to say that I have no idea where the 09 stuff went, and if it is in the wrong place a mod can move it etc, sorry of this is the case :thup:

First Up, Bad Tackling;

Lately I have been seeing alot of bookings coming in my games, and is something that I want to look to rectify as I have always been a manager who prides myself on the card limit that I achieve. These situations have not just been frequent, but in some cases absurd, for example:

Two games ago my central defender commited a foul within the first 23 seconds of a game and got booked (first tackle aswell), and then commited another foul later on. At this point I realised he was a threat to the game and I subbed him. So on jogs the new central defender, and low and behold 20 seconds into his appearance he too has commited a foul and been booked and I suddenly find myself on a knife edge.. again.

What annoys me about this situation is the fact that niether player was on hard tackling, both have great stats (tackling, anticipation, pace, strength) and yet they got cautioned so early into their respective games.

Does anyone know why my players are getting booked so frequently, and how I can stop it?

Secondly, playing against ten men;

I have always struggled - and I cant for the life of me work out why - when I go a man to the good. I always find that from that moment on that I am on the back foot, and all I can see is the opposition attacking me in droves. I have tried many solutions (defending, attacking, conservative and counter attacking) but none of them work.

How do you go about containing, and beating a team that is down to 10 men?

Once again i'm sorry if this is in the wrong area,

thanks,

WW

Archived