Crash dumps will never let me play this game!!

el Guapo

Started my data update from scratch.

Changed "Wallis and Fortuna" to "FIFA" and created league rules there.

In order to track any errors, I saved one step at a time.

First edit, was the top tier. 24 top teams from all over. Changed nationalities of all the clubs to "FIFA". Gave them all reserves and under-19s. Save.

Tried to load it... CRASH DUMP while "finding head coach targets". WTF?

Firstly, does anyone know what could be causing this? Do I need to change the rules of the competitions I stole clubs from in order to make this update work, even if I'm not choosing from them? Is there something else I'm missing?

Secondly, why does the editor not spot these issues for us before we decide to try it on the game? This would save me SO much time with this crap and actually allow me to play the game.

Do I need to change the rules of the competitions I stole clubs from in order to make this update work, even if I'm not choosing from them? Is there something else I'm missing?

Possibly - not rules, necessarily, but you may need to leave the right number of clubs.

When you attempt to load your file, are you only loading this single XML and then only the Wallis & Fortuna / FIFA league?

Yes, I'm loading just the one edit file and only choosing the one league (FIFA) to play. I still get this error.

Also in the edit, I've replaced the teams I've stolen with teams from lower divisions, to keep the numbers correct. I've noticed that if you view "File > Details", it tells you why a particular country will be disabled, so I've tried to maintain the leagues, rather than just pillage them, yet same crash dump occurs.

Archived