Fixture problem...

tm91

Apologies if I should have put this elsewhere. I've restructured the Scottish Leagues, with an 18 Team SPL, a 12 team League One and a 12 team League Two, with a winter break for the SPL to make up for the 'lost' 4 games. I've tested it a few times, and most things seem to be working smoothly.

However, if teams qualify for the Europa League, then there's a problem. Instead of playing on a Sunday, their games are being postponed for later dates - usually piling up in what is supposed to be the winter break, since obviously there is a lot of time then. This results in Celtic, for example, in the first season playing three or four postponed games in December, essentially having no break - could you imagine the claims of an anti-Celtic conspiracy? :p When I take the Winter Break out, games following the Europa League fixtures still pile up, but are played on weekdays throughout the season instead.

Is this a matter of moving fixtures for TV or am I missing something? :confused: Any help would be appreciated. :)

What dates have you set for the season? Are these quite tight? What about cup games - what have you got running? Are there spare midweeks that league games could be shifted to, but are being ignored?

It may be that this is an issue for SI, but I can't say for sure.

Cheers for responding.

It turned out to be the League Cup that was causing my problems - I moved it to later in the season after the Champions League/Europa League Group Stage and everything works out just fine. :)

Archived