Some questions about the editor

Tobcoach

Hi,

I have a few questions about the editor:

1. My season runs from August 1st, 2009 until June 5th, 2010. At the end of the regular season, I want to have a promotion play-off with 4 teams in a competition format. Their league ends at May 8th, 2010 (4 weeks before the end of season). When I play the season, it only schedules 3 play-off rounds instead of 6 (in the first two weeks after the end of competition) and the game doesn't run the next season.

How far before the end-of season-date do I have to set the end-of-competition date? 6 weeks? 8 weeks?

2. When creating a promotion-/relegation play-off (Cup-style), there are two problems. Firstly, the play-off games are a one-game only, whilst they should be a home-and-away round. How do I fix that problem?

Secondly, the games seems to make it's own seeding list, probably based on reputation, to match teams with eachother. Also, in the first round of the play-off, the teams of the higher league appear, alltough they should be entered in the next round. How do I fix those problems?

3. In my editor, I have created a level with 6 subdivisions. Those 6 divisions have 2 relegation-spots each, so 12 in total. Under that level, I have created another level with 12 subdivisions, each holding 1 promotion-spot. So in the editor, all is correct.

In real life though, you have a Saturday-level with 3 subdivisions, with 2 relegation-spots each and 1 play-off spot per division. So 6 relegation-spots and 3 play-off spots. That same level, but on another day (Sunday) , there are also 3 divisions with in total 6 relegation-spots and 3 play-off spots.

Under the Saturday-level, another level with 5 divisions is placed, each holding 1 promotion-spot and a play-off spot. So in the play-offs, 8 teams play for 4 places in the parent-division.

Under the Sunday-level, another level with 6 divisions is placed with in total 6 promotion-spots and 6 play-off spots. In the play-offs 9 teams play for 3 places in the parent division.

In the editor I can't get the real system to work properly. When creating a level, you can enter the level on which the division operates.

Is it possible to create two separate levels with their respective subdivisions, each set on the same level, in order to reproduce the real-life settings?

4. In the editor, it isn't possible to divide the season in different parts, where the best team of that particular part of the season is placed for the promotion-playoff at the end of the season. The 2nd tier in Holland and the 2nd and 3th tier in Belgium have that sort of system. Is that system going to be introduced in the next update of the editor?

Well, that's it for now. Thanks in advance for the reactions.

Hi,

I have a few questions about the editor:

1. My season runs from August 1st, 2009 until June 5th, 2010. At the end of the regular season, I want to have a promotion play-off with 4 teams in a competition format. Their league ends at May 8th, 2010 (4 weeks before the end of season). When I play the season, it only schedules 3 play-off rounds instead of 6 (in the first two weeks after the end of competition) and the game doesn't run the next season.

How far before the end-of season-date do I have to set the end-of-competition date? 6 weeks? 8 weeks?

Not sure - maybe have a look to see how far apart it is spacing games and make an estimate based on that?

2. When creating a promotion-/relegation play-off (Cup-style), there are two problems. Firstly, the play-off games are a one-game only, whilst they should be a home-and-away round. How do I fix that problem?

Secondly, the games seems to make it's own seeding list, probably based on reputation, to match teams with eachother. Also, in the first round of the play-off, the teams of the higher league appear, alltough they should be entered in the next round. How do I fix those problems?

There should be a box to select playing over 2 legs and also pick teams at random rather than seeding them. If there isn't (I've not used playoffs in my edits) then it can't be done as this is how you do it for other comps.

3. In my editor, I have created a level with 6 subdivisions. Those 6 divisions have 2 relegation-spots each, so 12 in total. Under that level, I have created another level with 12 subdivisions, each holding 1 promotion-spot. So in the editor, all is correct.

In real life though, you have a Saturday-level with 3 subdivisions, with 2 relegation-spots each and 1 play-off spot per division. So 6 relegation-spots and 3 play-off spots. That same level, but on another day (Sunday) , there are also 3 divisions with in total 6 relegation-spots and 3 play-off spots.

Under the Saturday-level, another level with 5 divisions is placed, each holding 1 promotion-spot and a play-off spot. So in the play-offs, 8 teams play for 4 places in the parent-division.

Under the Sunday-level, another level with 6 divisions is placed with in total 6 promotion-spots and 6 play-off spots. In the play-offs 9 teams play for 3 places in the parent division.

In the editor I can't get the real system to work properly. When creating a level, you can enter the level on which the division operates.

Is it possible to create two separate levels with their respective subdivisions, each set on the same level, in order to reproduce the real-life settings?

Unfortunately not, the editor spreads relegation/promotion places equally.

4. In the editor, it isn't possible to divide the season in different parts, where the best team of that particular part of the season is placed for the promotion-playoff at the end of the season. The 2nd tier in Holland and the 2nd and 3th tier in Belgium have that sort of system. Is that system going to be introduced in the next update of the editor?

Well, that's it for now. Thanks in advance for the reactions.

Again not possible at present.

Thanks for the answers, Lloydey.

1. Not sure - maybe have a look to see how far apart it is spacing games and make an estimate based on that?

2. There should be a box to select playing over 2 legs and also pick teams at random rather than seeding them. If there isn't (I've not used playoffs in my edits) then it can't be done as this is how you do it for other comps.

3. Unfortunately not, the editor spreads relegation/promotion places equally.

4. Again not possible at present.

1. I did. In the play-off competition it schedules the first round in the weekend, the second on Wednesday, and the third in a weekend again. So two rounds in a week. It should be enough to have three weeks. But that's not the case. I'm gonna try 6 weeks, hopefully that will work.

2. No. With promotion en relegation play-offs you can only select if you want the competition-format or the cup-format. That's all. No additional choises to be made.

3. Too bad. Maybe something to work out in a next version of the editor (or maybe in FM11).

4. Again, too bad. Also something for the "To Do"-list of the makers of FM11.

OK, another miss from the editor, the play-offs.

For some strange reason, when you schedule a competition-style play-off, the game only plays half of the competition. So with 4 teams entering the play-offs, each team plays 3 matches instead of 6 (3 home, 3 away).

Also with the cup-style it plays only one leg, instead of 2 legs (or 3 when you have a best-of-three setup).

You cannot change a thing about each play-off choise, and that irritates me.

Archived