FM Community Tactic Sets

First off, i'm still playing the Demo and sporadically at that as i yet again struggle to get to grips with the tactical side of the game.

I am hoping though that i will soon be in possesion of the TT&F Manual which i will study meticulously and with the hours of free time i have at my disposal and hopefully some help from the FM Community will be able to slowly but surely start putting together tactic sets that will be available for download for those people seeking to play the game properly so that strategy becomes a learned necessity from the best clubs in the World to the very lowest echelons of football.

I had already decided that this year if i was going to bother playing the game that i would for the very first time do so in the correct manner and to me that means switching strategies and various player and team instructions based on the quality of both individual player and squad to those important in match decisions based on how the game is playing out and what effect a change of strategy may make, for instance, after going a goal up, a goal down, substituting a non like for like player or player of lesser quality, etc etc.

The overall aim is to end up with a Tactical Set A-Z in which FM'ers will be able to not just be able to download a specific set, but also for a specific team and hopefully also a breakdown of players abilities and thus what role they can be expected to fulfill.

I finally want to rid myself of this lazy plug and play attitude i have towards the game, it appears that the community here as well as myself have fallen into this funk as everywhere i look there are more and more singlular uploaded tactics available, with most of them based on attacking overload rather than any sense of tactic stability.

I have yet to read TT&F so i am not even sure that i am going to understand it enough to be able to even make a start, in fact i'm not 100% sure that even if i did that any of this is going to work? its well known here that i have never personally found the TT&F to work, but because this game has now become so strategy based i think its only right that before condemning it completely, i find out for sure one way or the other whether it can be made to work or not?

Anyway, if anyone is interested in helping out, however much or little that may be? just pop in if and when this topic gets up and running and we can fire off some ideas and see where it may take us?

This is just to give an idea of the sort of thing i am looking to do.

As a Hammers fan i will use them as an example.

As i want to use the full spectrum of strategies of which there are seven and base the tactic instructions and formation around this specific team, i imagine something close to the following...

Contain, Defend and Counter - A 4-1-3-2 Formation

Standard and Control - A 4-1-2-1-2 Formation

Attack - A 4-3-1-2 Formation

Overload - A 4-3-3 Formation

Like i said this is just an example of what i'm talking about, there are 4 different formations above, but to all intents and purposes they are all winger free formations and my initial hope would be that from changing from one to the other and with some fashioning of the player roles as well as team instructions and even the touchline shouts would be a viable option, if not? well i'll jump off that bridge when i come to it.

Every formation should be able to meld into this process somewhat if you think about it? a 4-1-2-2-1(the 4-5-1 with wingers) can easily become a defensive 4-1-4-1 or even an attacking 4-3-3, like i say though this will all be tackled along the way.

Edit

Archived