Selling Players

is it just me or is it harder than ever to sell players? ive started as newcastle and im trying to get rid of some of the players that are one a high wage. ive offerd players out like smith, barton and coloccini for less than a million each! i cant get any team intrested in any of my players. nolan is a good prem player worth 3 mill but when i offerd him out for 750k i got no offers. its not just the first season it's happening to me in the second season aswell.

Im sure this has happed before and si released a patch to fix it. i dont o maybe its just me........comments please

Coloccini is on like £75k p/w - I'm struggling to get shut of him even at the start of season 3. Barton and Smith are on £50k p/w a piece. Play them, preferably at a higher level than the championship (which other mugs but Newcastle would be paying that sort of wedge in the 2nd tier), and squeeze good performances out of them. Personally, I'd keep Smith, he's a good mentor.

Yer i tried selling them for next to naff all as this is what happens in r/l. i dont mind keeping all of them i was just trying o lower my wage bill. now im at the start of season 2 and after winning the championship i still cant move them on. smith is a good c/m he played all season and played well even barton played ok but i prefer to play kadar insteed of Coloccini.

Anyway second season and ive got van der vaart and v.love to play for me ;-) happy days

One trick that used to work with these guys if you simply wanted to get rid of them was to offer them even more money but for a shorter term contract and then terminate it.

If done correctly and they current have a lengthy contract, you can save some money;

I cant recall exactly how it works in terms of timescales as I have not done it for a while.

BUt you can see. Go to terminate their contract and providing you have not ticked the 'dont ask me again' button, it will tell you how much this will cost. I think its 50% of their remaining wages. So, you will need to offer a slight increase in their salary, but ensure that you are offering a contract that is considerably less than 50% of their remaining contract.

Archived