3 Up Front

Hiya,

Im having a little bit of trouble with my 3 strikers up front and I was wondering if you kind folks could give me any ideas.

Iv played 4-3-3 which uses 3 strikers all next to each other (i.e not on the wings or as wide strikers) and Iv had some previous success with it, however im now struggling to get it working again. I am still on FM09 but seeing as it is more or less the same ME I guess FM10 users would still help.

I want them to play with the two outside strikers picking the ball up deep, running at defenders and playing through balls to the complete striker who is in the middle of them both. My main striker is big strong and quick much like a Drogba type player. The wider players are quick and creative and also have very good finishing stats.

I get the feeling a lot of my problems revolve around the mentalities and FWR settings of my strikers and I cant seem to get the combination right with only one of the strikers performing really well, and more recently they are all performing fairly averagely meaning I am having problems against the worser teams that I have been dominating. I use global mentalities of 1st notch of attacking for home/attacking games and 2 above middle for control/away games.

As I say my team has been dominating, scoring goals for fun but in my pursuit for perfection I seem to have ruined their attacking potential and cant get it back! The rest of my team still get the same great ratings and performances its just that they now seem to be bailing the strikers and whereas the forwards did the creating and scoring they are now doing fairly little.

I really want to complete a few more seasons on my current save before I buy FM10, but this problem is starting to drive me nuts so I might have to get it sooner or later if it persists!

Thanks for the link but as I say I am still on FM09.

That is a pretty phenominal record though so it would be interesting if you could give me more information such as his mentality especially compared to the rest of the team, as well as any of his other settings such as RWB, Crosses etc.

Archived