We used to be good when Alex Ferguson was manager(But those days are gone)

redsardonyx

HOLLAND WORKOUT 3RD GAME

Next up we play FC Twente who will give us a good run out.It will give me a chance to see the trialists against better opposition aswell.We dont know too much about them but they look to have a good set up.

ABERDEEN LINE UP:-

GK:-Holloway

RB:-McNaughton

LB:-Morrison

CB:-Anderson©

CB:-Diamond

RMC:-Clark

CM:-Bart-Williams

LMC:-Tiernan

CFR:-Samba

CF:-Mols

CFL:-Prest

Subs:-Langfield,McQuilken,McIndoe,Bavidge,Payne,Paulinho,Lombardi,McGuire,Muirhead,McHattie,Hart,Heikkinen.

FC TWENTE VS. ABERDEEN FRIENDLY MATCH

With Aberdeens first chance of the game it was 1-0,Bart-Williams swung in the corner and Mols was there with the header Goal(1min.)

Samba had a chance to make it 2-0 but hit his shot straight at the keeper (26mims.)

FC Twente failed to get a shot in the first half as the teams go in at 1-0 the Dons.

Aberdeen changed alot of players at half time and come out with a diffarent team for the second half.

The second half didnt take long to warm up Christensen setting up Houwing to score for FC Twente 1-1(46mins.)

The game faded away until the last minute when FC Twente hit the post(89mins.)

The game finishes 1-1 but the players do look like they are getting the fitness they need from the games.

FC TWENTE 1 ABERDEEN 1

GOALS:-Houwing(FC Twente)Mols(Aberdeen)

REF:-Jan Wegereef

YELLOW CARDS:-Niemeyer(FC Twente)

RED CARDS:-None

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Chris Bart-Williams(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-1145

MANAGERS VIEW:-

The trialists are making me happy so far,We could see some of them kept on if they keep it up.We play our last game of the tour in a few days but it has been a worthwhile exercise for the whole squad.I am very pleased at the way its went so far.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOLLAND TOUR COMES TO AN END

The last game in Holland sees us face FC Utrecht,We know a bit about them as they were in the UEFA cup last year.They have a strong team and top class facilities so this should be our hardest game of the tour.We will play a few trialists but field a strong team,we want to win this one.

GK:-Langfield

LB:-McQuilken

CB:-McGuire

CM:-Bart-Wiliiams

LMC:-McIndoe

CFR:-Mackie

Subs:-Holloway,Hart,Morrison,Diamond,Heikkinen,Devine,Muirhead,Tiernan,Paulinho,McHattie,Bavidge,Samba.

FC UTRECHT VS. ABERDEEN FRIENDLY MATCH

Bart-Williams has to go off injured after only two minutes he is replaced by Tiernan(2mins.)

Mols could have gave the Dons the lead but his shot was tipped over,The corner was cleared by the defence(18mins.)

McIndoe set up Prest with a superb ball only to have his shot saved(34mins.)

Utrecht came close just before half time Roiha blasting his shot just over(43mins.)

The teams go in at half time level at 0-0.

Mols had the first chance of the second half,Mackie with the cross but a poor header did not test the keeper(63mins.)

All the starting 11 come off for a rest and to give the others a run out(70mins.)

Utrecht had the last chance of game with a free kick just inside the Dons half,A long ball into the box was met by the head of Dongen,Goal 1-0(92mins.)Utrecht win with what was the last action of the game,The Dons tour ends in a defeat.

FC UTRECHT 1 ABERDEEN 0

GOALS:-Dongen(FC Utrecht)

REF:-Jan Wegereef

YELLOW CARDS:-Anderson(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Peter van Dongen(FC Utrecht)

ATTENDANCE:-1359

It was dissapointing to end with a defeat but we will take alot of positives from the tour.

Overall it was a good workout and we will work hard now to get the team in shape for the league kick off in August.

It was a blow to lose Bart-Williams as he had nearly won himself a permanent contract,I just hope he is ok and can play again before his trial ends.

BACK TO THE GRANITE CITY WE GO

The physio informs me that Bart-Williams is out for 3 weeks.It means he wont be able to play any more games during his trial period.He broke his shoulder in a bad fall early last game.

Having spoke to my trusted assistant he says that Bart-Williams is having a real positive affect on the training ground,Having looked at the player over two games we have offered him a one year contact with a view to extend it later if he does well.

Alan Tate comes in on trial he was released by Man U and will start a 3 week trial.He is a 21 year old central defender and could solve the defensive cover problems.

We have offered to take Liverpools Gregory Vignal on loan for the season ahead,The left back would be great to have in the squad and could find himself playing if he joins.

Bart-Williams joins the club he signs a 1 year contract and will be an important player this year.He will be out for 3 weeks but weve seen what he can do so i expect big things from him.

We go into our last freindly with one or two trialists on their last chance,We will take a small squad up to Peterhead to get us ready for new season.

OUR LAST AWAY FRIENDLY

We will go into this game with open eyes after they beat us in a friendly last season.They have a good set up at Peterhead and a few good players.We feel we are stronger this year though and should show our class on the day.

RB:-Hart

CB:-Tate

CM:-Oliseh©

LMC:-McIndoe

CF:-Samba

Subs:-Langfield,McGuire,Tiernan,Mols,Heikkinen.

PETERHEAD VS. ABERDEEN FRIENDLY MATCH

The first chance of the game fell to Peterhead Gray hitting the shot stright at Holloway(9mins.)

Prest set up Samba with a chance but he fired just over(16mins.)

Oliseh nearly scored a goal in his first Dons apperance his free kick well saved by the keeper(35mins.)

Aberdeen nearly had the lead before half time McIndoe making the keeper scramble across goal to tip wide(45mins.)

Half time it stays 0-0 but will the Blue Toon be able to hold out for another 45 minutes?

They are certainly doing a good job as no change in the score or chances as Aberdeen made some subs,McGuire,Tiernan and Mols on for Diamond,Oliseh and Samba(68mins.)

Peterhead almost had the ball in the net,Thomson hitting the bar before Tate cleared the rebound(72mins.)

No more chances were created as the game ends how it started 0-0.

PETERHEAD 0 ABERDEEN 0

GOALS:-None

REF:-Douglas McDonald

YELLOW CARDS:-Campbell,Cooper(Peterhead)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Paul Milne(Peterhead)

ATTENDANCE:-3892

I was really unhappy that we couldnt score but all credit to their keeper who recieved man of the match.We will work on our finishing in training to try and sort it out.

Our trialist keeper Holloway had a good game and will be offered a deal as back up to Preece and Langfield.

Michael McIndoe will not be offered a chance to play for the Dons he has failed to impress me and will be sent back straight away.Mols,Samba and Tate still have their chance to impress.

ABERDEEN HOPE TO IMPROVE

We have offered Holloway a three year contract.We hope he signs it as he is young and could be a great player for Aberdeen in the future.

We have asked Hearts if we can take Austin McCann for a two week trial,He is on the list but is rated highly by the scouts.

Holloway accepts the 3 year deal and joins the club,The 19 year old keeper will be back-up but could push for a first team place if he plays well for the reserves.

We will decide on the last three trialists in the next two games,They have done well so far and a good performance in either game would secure a deal for the three involved.

PREMIERSHIP GIANTS ROLL IN

We know quite a bit about this team.They are world class and have many top class players.They have won every major tournement in their history and they are still a major force in europe.

CM:-Oliseh

LMC:-Paulinho

CFR:-Bavidge

CFL:-McHattie

Subs:-Preece,Diamond,Tiernan,Prest,Samba.

ABERDEEN VS. LIVERPOOL FRIENDLY MATCH

Liverpool were the first team to make a chance it was Kewell with a blistering free kick which was saved by Langfield(17mins.)

Just a minute later Liverpool were ahead Hyypia with a long ball to Welsh,He controlled it and went forward,the defence stayed off which gave him a clear shot Goal 1-0(18mins.)

Bad news for the Dons as Anderson has to come off injured,He is replaced by Diamond(41mins.)

At half time its 1-0 Liverpool,the Dons will want to get back into this one to prove they can compete against the best.

Aberdeen were denied a goal by some superb goal keeping,Mols shooting only to be denied by Kirkland who tipped away,The rebound was cleared to safety(68mins.)

The game is played out without anymore chances in what is a boring second half.Liverpool the stronger team and win 1-0.

ABERDEEN 0 LIVERPOOL 1

GOALS:-Welsh(Liverpool)

REF:-Stuart Dougal

YELLOW CARDS:-McHattie(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Djimi Traore(Liverpool)

ATTENDANCE:-11875

We played quite well in this game but failed to convert our chances.We made a stupid mistake for the goal too with the defence letting the man run then shoot.We will look on this as a good result as Liverpool had alot of fist teamers playing,but we will need to take our chances in the last two friendly or we could be low in morale going into the season kick off.

INJURY BLOW

After the match the physio pulls me aside to tell me Russell Anderson will be out for two weeks.He banged his foot in the last match,but should make the start of the season.

Austin McCann has joined on trial from Hearts,The 24 year old left back will have 2 weeks to prove himself.He looks a really good left back but i need to see him in action first.

Gregory Vignal has turned us down and decided on a permanent move back to France,He joins Marseille for 1.9 million.

Martin Prest has demanded a new contract.I review his wage and what he has done so far and decide that he may have a point,I offer him a deal but he might find it lower than expected.

I have spoke to Anderson,McGuire,Mackie and Diamond about signing new 3 year deals.I am hopeful they will stay to help me win more trophys.They are all out of contract next summer and would be a massive loss.

We go into the second last friendly with a few players on their last chance to impress.

TRIALISTS LAST CHANCE

We play Middlesbrough now at home.We know alot about them,They are a big premiership team who won the FA cup last year,They will be a hard team to break down and will be dangerous on the attack.

LB:-McCann

RMC:-Paulinho

LMC:-Clark

Subs:-Holloway,Morrison,Diamond,Tiernan,McHattie,Samba,Heikkinen.

ABERDEEN VS. MIDDLESBROUGH FRIENDLY MATCH

Juninho showed his magic as he beat two players before having his shot tipped onto the post then gathered up by langfield(5mins.)

Prest sent Mackie away through the centre but he couldnt keep his shot down(13mins.)

Aberdeen came forward through Mackie he played the ball towards Mols it came off Riggot only to fall to Prests feet Goal 1-0(25mins.)

The rest of the half was to stay the same,Half time 1-0 Aberdeen.

Half time sees Aberdeen take of Mols and put on Samba(45mins.)

Juninho struck a free kick from a dangerous position but Langfield was up to the job saving well at near post(55mins.)

Juninho being a menace again beating McGuire before hitting a blistering drive over the bar(62mins.)

A big round of applause goes up from the Dons fans as Juninho is taken off(67mins.)

With Juninho off Boro couldnt come up with anything creative and the game went stale.

The game finishes Aberdeen 1 Middlesbrough 0.

ABERDEEN 1 MIDDLESBROUGH 0

GOALS:-Prest(Aberdeen)

YELLOW CARDS:-McNaughton,Oliseh(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Jamie Langfield(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-8645

I was pleased with this performance,and think the lads showed their fighting spirit.Middlesbrough looked the better team in this one but we held our nerve to win the game.We will go into the Porto game on a high.

ITS BAD NEWS FOR MOLS

After the game i take Michael Mols to the side to tell him he wont be staying at the club,He did great his first two games in Holland but has failed to shine since.We will instead offer the contract to young Cherno Samba who has looked lively in training and done well on the pitch.We have also offered defender Tate a one year deal as cover for the first team,He has done well in defence in the last few games and deserves his contract.

The other lad we have in on trial is Austin McCann he has played one game but really impressed me,He really looks like he could do a job for me this year,I will take another look against Porto but if he gets stuck in like he did last game he will win a transfer to the Dons.

We are lacking a midfield player so i asked our scouts to look for some frees and they gave me former Leeds player Noel Whelan.He is a midfield/forward who can use either foot and is only 29.We have offered him a weeks trial.

McGuire,Mackie,Diamond and Anderson all tie themselves to Aberdeen for the next three years,Which is brilliant news as they are the heart of the team.

Cherno samba signs a three year deal,He will fight amongst a few players for a first team place.One of those players being Prest who also signs a three year deal.

We are forced into a 110k bid for McCann as Premiership team Portsmouth make a bid.He is still on trial but he looks a good player and i dont want to lose out on him.I just hope hes keen on the set up here and not the lure of the big money league.

Celtic have been made Skybet favourites for the league they have been made evens.Aberdeen come in at 7-4.

Hearts say they want 130k for McCann so i agree to pay it,I think he would be a great player for the club.We need a good left back and this could be our man.

Alan Tate agrees to a one year deal as backup to the defence.He will get the odd game with the team in europe this year.He is a welcomed addition to the squad.

Two bits of good news before the Porto game,Portsmouth have withdrawn their bid for McCann and Whelan is set to join on a weeks loan.Whelan will play against Porto to try and win a deal.

THE BIG TEST

We welcome Porto to Pittodrie for the last of our warm up fixtures.We know they are world class and they will cause all sorts of problems all over the park.They are regulars in europe and often beat teams alot bigger than them,So we know how tough it will be.

RMC:-Whelan

Subs:-Preece,Hart,Morrison,Tate,Bart-Williams,Clark,Tiernan,McHattie.

ABERDEEN VS. PORTO FRIENDLY MATCH

With only a minute on the clock Costa whipped in a free kick which was missed by everyone,Goal 1-0(1min.)

McGuire was to conceed a penalty as Aberdeen struggled to keep up with Porto,Pedro Mendes steps up to take it...Langfield saves,great goalkeeping.(21mins.)

Aberdeen wasted their first chance of the game Prest hitting over from inside the box(35mins.)

Aberdeen came back into the match and started to contain Porto but in doing that they struggled to make chances.

Half time Aberdeen 0 Porto 1.

Porto come out blazing in the second half Alenichev firing over(46mins.)

McNaughton plays a superb ball to Whelan who from a tight angle hits the side netting(62mins.)

Aberdeen showed what they have learned through their hard pre-season,Whelan with a quick ball to Paulinho who looked up to spot Samba,He collected the ball from outside the area,He looked up and sent a curling shot into the top corner Goal 1-1(69mins.)

Most the subs were brought on to give them a taste of action(73mins.)

Aberdeen were looking the better team as Paulinho whipped in a cross from the left,Carvalho used his hand to control it,Penalty.Paulinho steps up..Goal 2-1(80mins.)

Aberdeen were looking good and could have wrapped it up,Mackie sent sub McHattie away through the centre but he lifted his shot over the bar(85mins.)

The game ends 2-1 Aberdeen,with Porto looking dead and buried after the score went 1-1.

ABERDEEN 2 PORTO 1

GOALS:-Samba.Paulinho(Aberdeen)Costa(Porto)

REF:-Douglas McDonald

YELLOW CARDS:-McNaughton,McCann,Mackie(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Cherno Samba(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-13197

What a way to finish,The guys were outstanding and look as sharp as ever.It will take something special to beat us in the form we showed in the second half.We did look slightly lost at times but Porto are a good side and this is a massive morale boost for our players.

We look forward to putting all our hard work to good use next week when our defence of the title starts.

A LOOK AT THE SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS:-

Craig Holoway,Gk,19:-Won himself a deal after a trial spell.He will start in the reserves but will get the odd game to prove himself and help his development.

Jamie Langfield,Gk,24:-Agreed a pre-contract agreement halfway through last season,He has proved himself in pre-season and will start as number 1.

David Preece,Gk,27:-Didnt do too well in pre-season,He will have to pick up his game to reclaim the number one spot.He is also in danger of falling behind Holloway.

DEFENDERS

Michael Hart,Rb,24:-Will have to pull his finger out if he wants to have a future here,We will look at him over the next few months but he is on his last chance.

Kevin McNaughton,Rb,21:-Superb last season,Superb in pre-season and we hope he will be superb this season.He has never let us down and i dont see why that should change.

Stephen Payne,Rb,20:-Never really got a chance in pre-season,Hasnt made a much of an impression and will be looking to improve alot if he is to stay at the club.

Austin McCann,Lb,24:-We hope to have this guy in the squad.He will be first choice lb if he joins,having impressed in friendlys.He looks a good player and will hopefully settle quick.

Jamie McQuilken Lb,29:-Ive told Jamie he is not needed at the club and can leave when he finds a club willing to buy him.He will be back-up while he is here and will be expected to do his best.

Scott Morrison,Lb,20:-Will play a few games this season as hell look to really push McCann for the first team place.

Russell Anderson,Dc,25:-He will be club skipper this year,He was one of our best players last year and will be a major player this year too.

Zander Diamond,Dc,19:-Will get more games this year to help his development,Will look to start pushing for a first team place by next year.

Phil McGuire,Dc,24:-He will partner Anderson in defence this year,Was superb last year,We want more of the same.

Alan Tate,Dc,21:-He is still yound and could play a few games this year,He is only on a 1 year deal and will have to prove himself fast.

MIDFIELDERS

Chris Bart-Williams,Dmc,30:-Impressed on trial,He will want to be first choice so he will have to play well to make me pick him.

Sunday Oliseh,Dmc,29:-I think this man will be massive for the club,I just hope he proves me right.Will be first choice as the engine room in midfield.

Markus Heikkinen,Dmc,25:-He is a good player but chances could be few and far between.He is a guy who will always give his all.

Stewart Devine,Mlc,20:-Signed last year after a tip off from the scouts,He will look to have a good season in the reserves if he is to progress any further.

Scott Muirhead,Mlc,20:-Another who will hope to impress this year,I had high hopes for this one but he didnt really show no flashes of brilliance last year.

Paulinho,Mc,21:-The man has a single name says it all! Pure brilliant last year and will have more freedom this year with Oliseh to do most the hard work.

Fergus Tiernan,Mc,22:-Has done well but will need to do something special this year to be first choice,Good backup to have although he might not be happy with back up.

Mark Wilson,Mc,14:-We dont know much about him as he just came up from the youths for our assesment,We will look at him over the year and decide then.

Chris Clark,Amrlc:-Has been a great player for us so far,He will be used in rotation with the other mids but could play his way to a permanent start.

Noel Whelan,AmFc,29:-We are going to stick our neck out and offer a one year deal,We dont know much about him but he played well in his first game on trial.

FORWARDS

Darren Mackie,Frc,22:-He has been our best forward player with his pace causing problems.This year i expect the same level of play from him,He could force himself into the Scotland squad if he keeps it up.

Martin Prest,Flc,25:-Another who has caused all sorts of problems with his runs up the left.As with Mackie all we ask is for more of the same.

Andrew Bagshaw,Fc,16:-We will look after this one as he is the future of Aberdeen.Great lad and great player,We just hope he wants to stay with us full time on his next birthday.

Michele Lombardi,Fc,18:-Another youngster who will be big for the club in the future,He should get the odd first team game this year.

Martin Bavidge,Sc,24:-He is a player who can score and that always comes in handy.He will have stiff competition though as all the younger lads want a game.

Calum McHattie,Sc,19:-He will be banging on the first team door this season,He will get a few first team games,Its up to him to take his chances.

James Morgan,Sc,18:-He will have to improve alot if he is to stay.Burst into the first team last year before drifting away.He will have to play very well in the reserves to stay at this club.

Cherno Samba,Sc,18:-He will push McHattie and Bavidge all the way for that first team slot.He will be a major player in the future if he can fufil his early potential.

THE SQUAD IS COMPLETE

Noel Whelan accepts a one year contract,He will go into the squad for the first game of the season.He is short on fitness so might be introduced as a sub for the first few games.

Austin McCann joins the club as our record signing at 130k.He will also go straight into the squad for the first game of the season.His 130k price tag beats the 90k record previously paid for Paulinho.He will hopefully prove to be value for money.

THE SEASON KICKS OFF

The first game of the season sees us away to Motherwell.They finished 2nd bottom last year so they will be looking to get off to a good start.The teams met 4 times last year with Aberdeen winning 3,Motherwell winning 1.They have some decent players with Stephen Pearson a man that always does well.Aberdeen go into the game with a full squad to choose from.

RMC:-Paulinho

CF:-Bavidge

Subs:-Preece,Tate,Bart-Williams,Whelan,Samba.

MOTHERWELL VS. ABERDEEN PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen nearly went behind after 30 seconds,Michie with a ball to Craig but his shot was tipped to safety by Langfield(1min.)

With a free kick in thier own half Aberdeen threw some big guys forward,McNaughton swung the ball in to Anderson,He headed down to Prest who was hacked down by Lasley,Penalty,Bavidge steps up...Goal 1-0(3mins.)

Motherwell should have been level Craig beat McGuire before hitting a superb shot off the bar,Anderson cleared the rebound to safety(28mins.)

Prest played a ball to Bavidge he took it in his stride and continued to the byline,He crossed it for the head of Mackie,Goal 2-0(34mins.)

Aberdeen look good and go in at half time 2-0 up.

Aberdeen tried to catch Motherwell napping just after half time,Prest run free and managed to get a shot in but Ewings was alert and saved(46mins.)

Aberdeen were looking good as they scored again,Oliseh played a through ball to Bavidge who slotted past the keeper 3-0(53mins.)

Aberdeen made a few subs as players started to get tired,Tate,Bart-Williams and Whelan came on for McGuire,Oliseh and Prest(75mins.)

Aberdeen were pushing forward looking for more goals when Bavidge was pulled down in the box in a scramble of players,Penalty,Bavidge steps up for the chance of his hat-trick...Saved(87mins.)

Lasley had the last chance of the game for Motherwell he blasted a 20 yard shot over the bar(90mins.)

Their was one more chance to come for Aberdeen though,Bavidge run clear on the left and whipped in a powerful low cross,Whelan was on hand to rocket a shot past the keeper,Goal 4-0(92mins.)

The game finishes Aberdeen 4 Motherwell 0

MOTHERWELL 0 ABERDEEN 4

GOALS:-Bavidge 2,Mackie,Whelan(Aberdeen)

REF:-Iain Brines

YELLOW CARDS:-Kinniburgh,Corrigan,Moore(Motherwell)Clark(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Russell Anderson(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-10443

A great way to start the season.The side looks really settled at the moment.We will continue to work hard in training but in this form we will be hard to beat.I am looking forward to the champions league draw now so i can try my team out against the big boys.

ITS TIME TO MEET THE FANS

The game couldnt have went any better,with all the players coming through the game in one piece.It means we should have a full squad to pick from next week.

After the first game of the season i made time to meet the fans to give them their say.They made it quite clear after the good season last year they expect the team to qualify for europe this season.They are fully behind me and will continue to show their support the only way they know how.With the reaction from the fans i think we could be in for some full crowds this year.

The second game is upon us and we hope for the same kind of performance as the first one.

FIRST HOME GAME OF THE SEASON

The first home game of the season sees Kilmarnock travel to Pittodrie.Kilmarnock finished in the bottom half of the table last year but still managed to get to the Scottish cup final.Aberdeen have won 3 out of the 3 meetings against these sides and will be out to make it 4.Aberdeen have a full squad to pick from.

RMC:-Whelan

Subs:-Preece,Tate,Bart-Williams,Clark,Samba.

ABERDEEN VS. KILMARNOCK PREMIER LEAGUE

The first chance didnt fall until the 14th minute,Prest ran up the left and crossed it for Bavidge who hit his shot over the bar(14mins.)

Aberdeen were awarded a free kick outside the box,Paulinho struck a shot which was tipped away,Mackie quickly played it back into the box to an unmarked Oliseh Goal 1-0(24mins.)

Noel Whelan had to come off injured after picking up a knock,He was replaced by Bart-Williams(41mins.)

The teams played out the half at a slow pace as they go in at half time 1-0 the Dons.

It took a long time to register the first chance of the second half,Prest being sent clear only to strike his shot over the bar(72mins.)

Some subs were introduced to try and get the killer second goal,Tate and Samba on for McGuire and Bavidge(75mins.)

No more chances were created as both teams looked happy to play out the game with the result at 1-0 Aberdeen.

ABERDEEN 1 KILMARNOCK 0

GOALS:-Oliseh(Aberdeen)

REF:-Graeme Graham

YELLOW CARDS:-Oliseh(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Kevin McNaughton(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-15139

Both teams looked like they wanted to be somewhere else here.A good display by the defence ensured we done enough to get the three points but i expect better in the next game.

I hope Whelans injury isnt a long one,We will get more news from the physio about it soon.

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE RESULTS

Aberdeen 1 Kilmarnock 0

Dundee 2 Falkirk 1

Dunfermline 4 Motherwell 1

Hearts 5 Dundee U 1

Rangers 0 Hibs 3

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE TOP 3

1.Dunfermline:-Points 6

2.Aberdeen:-Points 6

3.Hibs:-Points 4

TOP 3 GOAL SCORERS

1.Valois(Hearts) 2 goals

2.Derek Young(Dunfermline) 2 goals

3.Bavidge(Aberdeen) 2 goals

SOUTH AMERICAN STAR CALLED UP

After the game our physio informs me that Whelan will be ok to train on monday.It was only a slight knock on the foot and he will not be out of action.

Monday night saw livingston beat Celtic 1-0.

Paulinho was given some brilliant news as he was called up by the Brazil under 21 manager.He has never played for his country at any level so this is a dream come true for him.He is 21 now so he will hope to impress if he wants to make the step up to the full squad.

Russell Anderson fell in training and damaged his shoulder,He will be out for a week.We hope to have him back for our attack on europe.

Aston Villa are intrested in McNaughton again,We will try and keep them at bay but every player has his price.They enquired last year and was told 2.5 million,They will be told to double it now if they want him.

THE PREMIER NEW BOYS

Aberdeen travel to Falkirk for todays game.The teams have never met before so they will go into the game on a clean slate.Falkirk proved last season that they can play good football by winning the first division.They have already beat Rangers this year and were unlucky against Dundee.

Aberdeen have Anderson out injured with a shoulder injury.

RMC:-Bart-Williams

Subs:-Preece,Tate,Whelan,Clark,Samba.

FALKIRK VS. ABERDEEN PREMIER LEAGUE

Falkirk threatend first Rodgers headed a shot past the post from a McAnespie cross(5mins.)

McCann played a brilliant ball into Prests feet he tried to turn and got his legs hacked away from him,Penalty,Bavidge steps up after already missing a pen this season...Brilliant save by Ferguson tipped away then gathered up(8mins.)

Falkirk pushed forward again,Henry blasted a shot over the bar(16mins.)

The Dons started to come into it a bit,Mackie shooting wide after good work from Bart-Williams(26mins.)

Martin Prest is sent-off,An off the ball incedent involing him and Andy Tod sees Prest straight red carded(28mins.)

The last chance of the half fell for Falkirk.John O'Neil blasted a shot that hit the outside of the post and went out for a goal kick(45mins.)

Half time sees the score at 0-0 but both teams look lively and we will hopefully see a goal in the second half.

Aberdeen came at falkirk from the start,Oliseh chipped a ball into Bavidges path but he could only strike his shot straight at the keeper(46mins.)

A mix up in defence by Diamond and keeper Langfield left Rodgers the easy task of tapping in Goal,1-0(50mins.)

Aberdeen moved up a gear and were level within minutes.Oliseh sent Bavidge away on the left,Bavidge whipped in the ball,it was met by the head of Oliseh Goal,1-1(53mins.)

Rodgers should have put Falkirk ahead but his shot was tipped wide by Langfield,The corner was cleared by McGuire(71mins.)

Aberdeen make some subs to try and change the game,Whelan and Samba on for Oliseh and Bavidge(74mins.)

Diamond hit a long clearance that Samba managed to get,He played a superb ball through the centre for Mackie who lifted a lob over the bar(78mins.)

Samba found himself in the clear again this time after a McGuire long ball,He kept his nerve as he run into the box and slid it past the keeper Goal,2-1(82mins.)

Falkirk had run out of steam by the last ten minutes while Aberdeen were happy to keep the game the way it was,The score ends Aberdeen 2 Falkirk 1.

FALKIRK 1 ABERDEEN 2

GOALS:-Rodgers(Falkirk)Oliseh,Samba(Aberdeen)

REF:-Willie Young

YELLOW CARDS:-MacKenzie,Nicholls,Rodgers(Falkirk)Diamond,Oliseh,Bavidge(Aberdeen)

RED CARDS:-Prest(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Phil McGuire(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-10952

Falkirk made it hard but we pulled through in the end.We made some silly mistakes in that game and better teams would have punished us.Anderson was a big loss in defence but we hope to have him back for next week.

I will have to see the video of what happened with Prest before we decide over an appeal.

Bavidge will give up the penalty taker role after missing his second pen of the season.

Dundee U 1 Celtic 1

Falkirk 1 Aberdeen 2

Hibs 2 Dundee 0

Kilmarnock 3 Dunfermline 0

Motherwell 3 Hearts 2

Rangers 2 Livingston 1

1.Aberdeen:-Points 9

2.Hibs:-Points 7

3.Dunfermline:-Points 6

TOP 3 ASSISTS

1.Bavidge(Aberdeen) 3 assists

2.Maybury(Hearts) 2 assists

3.Burns(Motherwell) 2 assists

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW MADE

We are informed after the game that Prest will be banned for 5 matches.He kicked Andy Tod and will now be fined a weeks wages.He will have to calm down a bit if he wants to keep his first team place.

Prest accepts his warning and says he will calm down in the future.

Noel Whelan breaks his cheek bone in training,He will be out for three weeks.The physio says hell be able to do fitness training but no ball work.He is only on a 1 year contract so hell have to prove himself when he comes back.

The 1st of september brings the transfer deadline.The squad we have now is the squad we will take on europe with.

The champions league draw sees us drawn in the same group as Deportivo,Marseille and Anderlecht.We will do our best and have a good chance of going through if we can win all our home games.We know it will be hard but we will give it a good shot.

The money that we get from playing in the group stages will see the club finances sorted for a few years.We know how much being in europe means to the fans,We will give them some special nights to remember.

We are informed Prest will serve a further two game ban,Thats 7 games he will miss now.I think the SFA are being a bit harsh on him.We will have to do without him for some important matches.

Kevin McNaughton and Russell Anderson have been called into the Scotland squad.

HIBS TRAVEL TO PITTODRIE

Bobby Williamson takes his Hibs team to Pittodrie.They finished 4th last year and sit 2nd this year.Aberdeen go into the game knowing Hibs have failed to beat them in all 5 games they had last season.Aberdeen won 3 with 2 drawn.Hibs have a good squad and will be up for this one.

Aberdeen have Whelan out injured for the game.

CFL:-Lombardi

Subs:-Preece,Tate,Tiernan,Clark,Samba.

ABERDEEN VS. HIBS PREMIER LEAGUE

Bavidge had the first chance of the match he blasted wide(3mins.)

Hibs had the next chance,Murray had a free kick on the left,He whipped it in to McManus Goal,1-0(15mins.)

Aberdeen tried to pull level but Bart-Williams fired his shot high and wide(25mins.)

Aberdeen were looking for a goal and Paulinho was unlucky as his near post drive was saved(37mins.)

The score stays Hibs 1 Aberdeen 0 as the teams go in for half time.

The second half started slow but it was the Dons who created the first chance,Oliseh blasted over from 20 yards(61mins.)

A couple of subs were made to try and get us back into the game,Clark and Samba on for Paulinho and Lombardi(65mins.)

Hibs clear everything the Dons throw at them and the game finishes Hibs 1 Aberdeen 0.

ABERDEEN 0 HIBS 1

GOALS:-McManus(Hibs)

REF:-Iain Brines

YELLOW CARDS:-McGuire,Bavidge(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Stephen Glass(Hibs)

ATTENDANCE:-18982

A poor performance from the team here,all credit to Hibs who played superb.We will have to work alot harder than this if we want to get anywhere.We had alot of fans here too who will have went home unhappy,we dont need that so early in the season.

Aberdeen 0 Hibs 1

Celtic 1 Motherwell 0

Dundee 1 Rangers 1

Dunfermline 1 Falkirk 0

Hearts 1 Kilmarnock 2

Livingston 4 Dundee U 0

1.Hibs:-Points 10

2.Aberdeen:-Points 9

Dunfermline:-Points 9

BEST PASS COMPLETION TOP 3

1.Paulinho(Aberdeen) 83%

2.Khizanishvili(Rangers) 82%

3.Livermore(Celtic) 80%

SCOTLAND CRUSHED

McNaughton played for Scotland as they were torn apart by Croatia.Croatia taught the new Scots boss a lesson as they won 3-0 on.Scotland will need to pick themselves up if they want to have any chance of reaching the World cup finals.

McNaughton played in the second game of the week for the Scots,This time gaining a respectable 1-1 draw with euro champs France.The result leaves them 5th in a 6 team group.It dosnt look like the Scots will make it through with teams like France,Croatia and Bulgaria in the group.

With the weeks break for internationals it gave me a chance to watch the reserves play.I was impressed with Bagshaw who set up 2 of the goals in a 2-2 draw.He will get pomoted up to the first team squad in Prests absence.

Its a trip we hate next,We go to the capital of soap dodging and neds,Glasgow.

WE HATE GLASGOW RANGERS

A trip down to Glasgow to face Rangers for the next game.Rangers come into the match really struggling this year they sit 8th in the league having only won 1 game.Last year Aberdeen won every game against the two sides,Rangers only managed 1 goal.Form wont mean anything on the day as both teams will want to win.

Aberdeen still have Whelan out injured,Prest is suspended for the next 6 games.

CFL:-Bagshaw

Subs:-Preece,Tate,Tiernan,Bart-Williams,Bavidge.

RANGERS VS. ABERDEEN PREMIER LEAGUE

Lovernkrands created the first chance setting up Weir,He blasted a shot that was tipped over by Langfield,The corner was headed away by Anderson(15mins.)

It was all the Gers as Emerson struck his shot straight at Langfield(26mins.)

Aberdeen tried to come back into it with a quick break,Mackie played a long ball to Bagshaw but he fired his shot just over(37mins.)

The Dons had the ball in the net Mackie scored but Samba had strayed offside(39mins.)

The half time whistle brings the teams in at 0-0

The Gers had the first chance of the second half,Lovenkrands setting up Bellion who struck his shot straight at the keeper(56mins.)

Bagshaw showed some skill on the left before whipping in a cross,Mackie let fly,Klos tipped away,Samba let fly Goal,1-0(59mins.)

Aberdeen should have doubled their lead,Bagshaw played a perfect ball to Mackie,He run intio the box but could only hit his shot straight at Klos(69mins.)

A couple of subs were brought on,Tiernan and Bavidge on for Oliseh and Bagshaw(70mins.)

Rangers looked to get back into the game and nearly did,Emerson struck a long range shot that had Langfield scrambling to tip away,McGuire cleared the rebound(72mins.)

Just a minute later they were level,Kisnorbo played a ball to Lovenkrands on the left he beat a man before powering a shot past Langfield Goal,1-1(73mins.)

Paulinho picks up a slight knock and comes off for Bart-Williams(80mins.)

Langfield was to keep the Dons in it again,Emerson played it through to Weir who hit a thunderous drive,Langfield tipped it away(85mins.)

Aberdeen had a brilliant chance to win it,Bavidge run up the left and crossed the ball to Samba,His header was easily caught by Klos(91mins.)

The final whistle calls time on the game as it ends 1-1.

RANGERS 1 ABERDEEN 1

GOALS:-Samba(Aberdeen)Lovenkrands(Rangers)

REF:-Craig Thompson

YELLOW CARDS:-Chadwick(Rangers)Paulinho(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Jamie Langfield(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-45162

Both teams looked up for it and a draw is a fair result in the end.The defence done their job today and we had our keeper to thank a few times for keeping us in this one.We will build on this and go into our next match a bit more confident.

Dundee 3 Livingston 0

Falkirk 0 Hearts 2

Hibs 0 Dunfermline 0

Kilmarnock 1 Celtic 2

Motherwell 1 Dundee U 2

Rangers 1 Aberdeen 1

1.Hibs:-Points 11

2.Aberdeen:-Points 10

3.Dunfermline:-points 10

AVERAGE RATINGS TOP 3

1.Larsson(Celtic) 8.33

2.Skerla(Dunfermline) 8.00

3.Boyle(Motherwell) 8.00

THE EURO DREAM STARTS HERE

We welcome Marseille to Pittodrie for the first game of the euro adventure.Marseille are a big club who fell on hard times,They have put the hard times behind them and are looking like the team they once were.They have some top class players with Drogba their deadly front man.

Aberdeen go into the game only 3 days after the Rangers game so they will have to make sure they dont run out of steam by the end.

Aberdeen welcome back Whelan and Prest,It means a full squad for the Dons to pick from.

Subs:-Preece,Hart,Tate,Tiernan,Whelan,Clark,Bavidge.

ABERDEEN VS. MARSEILLECHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Aberdeen attacked from the start,Paulinho playing a through ball to Prest who hit the side netting(5mins.)

Marseille were trying their luck from long range Skacel hitting his shot over the bar(7mins.)

Mackie lifted a ball into Sambas path,Samba controled it but his shot was tipped away by the keepr,The rebound was cleared(14mins.)

Bart-Williams took a corner on the right,He aimed for Anderson at the back post,Anderson Heads it,Saved,The rebound falls to Prest Goal,1-0(32mins.)

Mackie could have made it 2 with a quick break but he lifted his shot over the bar(34mins.)

Marseille was keen to get back into it but could only hit shots high or wide(39mins.)

A full crowd at Pittodrie are happy as the teams go in at half time 1-0 to the Dons.

Aberdeen could have had the lead,Van Buyten messed up a free kick,he passed it straight to Prest who could only shoot over the bar(58mins.)

Drogba showed his skill as he managed to get into the box but he could only fire wide(66mins.)

A couple of subs were intoduced to the play,Whelan and Bavidge on for Paulinho and Samba(68mins.)

Aberdeen had a brilliant chance to go ahead,Mackie shooting his shot was saved he followed up and that was saved again(78mins.)

The Dons were pushing forward for a winner,Mackie sliced his shot high and wide(89mins.)

That proved to be the last chance of the game as Aberdeen win 1-0.

ABERDEEN 1 MARSEILLE 0

GOALS:-Prest(Aberdeen)

REF:-Graham Poll

YELLOW CARDS:-McNaughton,Oliseh,Paulinho(Aberdeen)Drogba,Kemal(Marseille)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Vedran Runje(Marseille)

ATTENDANCE:-21039

A Brilliant way to start our european campaign.The team done us proud out there,It also gives us a good platform to build on for the next 5 games in the group stage.

OTHER GROUP GAME

Deportivo 3 Anderlecht 1

GROUP TABLE

1.Deportivo:-Points 3

2.Aberdeen:-Points 3

3.Marseille:-Points 0

4.AnderlechtPoints 0

ABERDEEN WELCOME DUNDEE

Jim Duffy brings his team to Pittodrie for todays game.Dundee finished 8th last year but have started this season quite brightly,They sit in 5th in the league.The teams met 3 times last season with Aberdeen winning 2 and 1 game drawn.Dundee have a quick attack with Novo always a danger,We will have to make sure he gets no space to run at us.Aberdeen had a game in midweek so might change things round a bit.

Aberdeen have Prest out for 5 more league matches,Other than that they have a full squad to pick from.

CFL:-Whelan

Subs:-Preece,Tate,Clark,Bagshaw,Tiernan.

ABERDEEN VS. DUNDEE PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeens Austin McCann picks up a slight knock but he is ok to continue(9mins.)

Dundee make the first real chance with Lovell crossing for Milne but he could only header straight at Langfield(12mins.)

Aberdeen didnt like that and came right back at Dundee,Oliseh firing a shot over the bar from about 25 yards(14mins.)

Both teams got settled in as they came to terms with the pace of the game

Bart-Williams was brought down about 25-30 yards from goal,Paulinho quickly hit a shot as the wall was getting lined up Goal,1-0,What a strike(32mins.)

Aberdeen then went further ahead,Oliseh played the ball to Whelan,He slipped it to Mackie who blasted a shot into the bottom corner,Goal 2-0(35mins.)

At half time the score is Aberdeen 2 Dundee 0

The second half starts with Aberdeen coming forward,Oliseh blasting another shot over the bar from about 25-30 yards.(47mins.)

Dundee could have been level,Burley whipped in the corner,Nemsadze hit a volley which Langfield tipped away.(63mins)

A couple of subs are introduced,Bagshaw and Tiernan on for Bavidge and Oliseh(65mins.)

Aberdeen could have had added another before the end as great play by Mackie to cross for Bagshaw,He headed back to Bart-Williams who fired past the post(87mins.)

Aberdeen seem happy as the score ends Aberdeen 2 Dundde 0.

ABERDEEN 2 DUNDEE 0

GOALS:-Paulinho,Mackie(Aberdeen)

REF:-David Somers

YELLOW CARDS:-McNaughton,Mackie(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Paulinho(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-19446

After 3 games in a week we are glad to win this one,some players did look tired but we have no midweek game this week so ill give the lads a long weekend with no monday training.I want them to stay fresh and continue the good work.

Aberdeen 2 Dundee 0

Celtic 3 Falkirk 0

Dundee U 1 Kilmarnock 2

Dunfermline 1 Rangers 2

Hearts 1 Hibs 0

Livingston 3 Motherwell 0

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE TOP 3(After 6 games)

1.Aberdeen:-Points 13

2.Celtic:- Points 13

3.Hibs:- Points 11

TOP 3 GOALSCORERS

1.Di Giacomo(Kilmarnock) 5 goals

2.Lovenkrands(Rangers) 4 goals

3.Samuel(Dundee U) 4 goals

GUNN PLAYS DOWN PRAISE

After being praised once more by chairman Stewart Milne the manager had his say,Mr Gunn said to reporters that Milne had praised him so much over the last season that he dosnt know when to take it seriously,"Sometimes i wonder what im getting praised for it happens so often"said Mr Gunn as he left the stadium.

The 1st of october brings the league cup draw and the monthly awards.

Player of the month:-Henrik Larsson(Celtic)

Young player of the month:-John Paul Boyle(Motherwell)

Manager of the month:-Martin O'Neill(Celtic)

The league cup sees Aberdeen drawn away to Raith Rovers.Aberdeen won this cup last year and would love to do it again.We will play some fringe players and youngsters in this cup to give them some experience.The tie is not for a month so we can put it to the back of our minds and get on with the job infront.

LIVI TRAVEL UP TO HIGH FLYING ABERDEEN

Livingston travel to Pittodrie for the 7th game of the season.They sit 4th in the league and have looked good this season.They will still remember the record defeat that the Dons handed out to them at the start of last season,Beating them 5-0.Aberdeen have won 3 out of the 4 meetings with one being a 0-0 draw,Which ended in a Dons win from a penalty shoot out.Livingston will go into the game full of confidence having won there last 2 games 3-0.

Aberdeen have almost a full squad to pick from,Prest being suspended is the only player unavailable.

Subs:-Preece,Tate,Clark,Bagshaw,Tiernan.

ABERDEEN VS. LIVINGSTON PREMIER LEAGUE

Whelan created the first chance of the game,He played a ball to Mackie he hit a good shot which the keeper saved,Rubio clears(11mins.)

The game was failing to move out of first gear.

Oliseh had a chance to show his stuff,A free kick from 25 yards,He stepped up to swerve a shot high and wide(24mins.)

The half time whistle goes and alot of unhappy fans as the score stays a very boring 0-0.

Aberdeen looked a bit better as they came out in the second half Mackie set up Samba who could only hit straight at McKenzie(48mins.)

Paulinho then sent a lovely ball to Whelan,He beat a man before shooting into the bottom corner Goal 1-0(50mins.)

Samba found Whelan with a superb pass,Whelan then found Samba with th return ball but all he could do was lift his shot over the bar(57mins.)

A couple of subs were made Clark and Bavidge on for Paulinho and Samba(60mins.)

Aberdeen were the stronger team and looked good,Mackie using his pace to break clear,He whipped in a cross which was met by Bavidge Goal,2-0(82mins.)

Livingston failed to get a shot on target as the game ends Aberdeen 2 Livingston 0.

ABERDEEN 2 LIVINGSTON 0

GOALS:-Whelan,Bavidge(Aberdeen)

REF:-Hugh Dallas

YELLOW CARDS:-

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Noel Whelan(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-15304

With a hard game against Anderlect coming up it gives us a big boost before we travel to Belgium.We defended well and scored the goals we needed for the 3 points.It will be alot tougher in the next game but we feel we are ready for it.

Aberdeen 2 Livingston 0

Dundee 0 Dunfermline 1

Falkirk 1 Dundee U 3

Hibs 0 Celtic 2

Kilmarnock 4 Motherwell 1

Rangers 2 Hearts 1

1.Aberdeen:-Points 16

2.Celtic:-Points 16

Kilmarnock:-Points 13

TOP 3 MAN OF THE MATCH WINNERS

1.Larsson(Celtic) 3

2.Ferguson(Falkirk) 3

3.Milne(Dundee) 2

OFF TO BELGIUM WE GO

All players came through the game without any injurys it means a full squad will travel to Belgium for the next game.

Aberdeen reserves won 2-0 with Calum McHattie in fine form,He has impressed over the last few weeks for the reserves and could find himself given his chance in the first team.He is still young but really looks like hes ready for first team action.

The team leave to travel to Belgium with everybody fit for the trip,Prest also travels as he is allowed to play in europe.Aberdeen will want to win this one before they travel to Spain to play Deportivo,If they can win here it would put them in a good position going to Spain.

ANDERLECHT:-THEY KNOCKED CELTIC OUT

Next up Aberdeen travel to play Anderlecht to play in the champions league.We know a bit about them as they knocked Celtic out in the qualifying stage,Beating them 5-1 in Belgium.They are a strong team but not as strong as they once were.The Dons will still be in for a hard game though as Anderlecht look to restore the club to former glorys.

Aberdeen have a full squad to pick from.

Subs:-Preece,Tate,Clark,Bagshaw,Tiernan,Hart,Prest.

ANDERLECHT VS. ABERDEEN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Anderlecht started brightly and had the first chance,Basseggio firing a shot over the bar(7mins.)

If Basseggio keeps trying he will score a 30 yard drive in this game,This time he shoots wide(14mins.)

Whelan crossed a ball from the left which was headered by Samba but the keeper saved well(23mins.)

Basseggio hits one high and wide this time(26mins.)

Basseggio again was at it from long range Langfield tipping his shot over this time,The corner was headed over the bar by Seol(38mins.)

Aberdeen will be happy to hear the half time whistle as the teams go in with the score still at 0-0.

Basseggio had the first chance of the second half his shot being held by Langfield(60mins.)

A couple of subs were introduced to try and change the game Tiernan and Prest on for Paulinho and Whelan(63mins.)

Oliseh played a great ball through to Mackie,He continued his run into the box before hitting a shot that was tipped over by the keeper,The corner was headed away(70mins.)

Prest set up Samba who could only shoot straight at the keeper(80mins.)

Anderlecht wasnt out of it they came forward with Mornar and Seol combining,Soel blasted the shot wide of the post(82mins.)

Samba played Mackie away on the right,he cut inside and hit a shot just past the post(87mins.)

The game ends the way it started 0-0.

ANDERLECHT 0 ABERDEEN 0

GOALS:-NONE

REF:-Metin Tokat

YELLOW CARDS:-Doll,De Man(Anderlecht)McCann(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Tom Lannoo(Anderlecht)

ATTENDANCE:-23887

It was a great result for us,Both teams had chances but failed to score.Anderlecht proved the are a good side but wasted alot of their chances.We also had chances but failed to score due to good goalkeeping.Overall a draw is a fair result.

OTHER GROUP GAME

Marseille 2 Deportivo 0

GROUP TABLE

1.Aberdeen:-Points 4

2.Marseille:-Points 3

3.Deportivo:-Points 3

4.Anderlecht:-Points 1

THREE CALLED UP TO SCOTLAND SQUAD

Scotland manager George Burley picks his Scotland squad for the game against Estonia.Anderson and McNaughton keep their place and Darren Mackie recieves his first senior call up.Mackie has done well at the start of the season and we hope this gives him some confidence to continue playing at a high standard.

McNaughton could make it 10 caps against Estonia with Anderson stuck on 8 caps.

ABERDEEN WELCOME HEARTS TO THE NORTH EAST

Walter Smith brings his Hearts team to Pittodrie for todays game.Hearts have struggled this year and sit 8th in the league table.

The teams met 3 times last year with Aberdeen winning all 3.Hearts come into the game on the back of 2 defeats,one being against Raith Rovers in the cup,Who Aberdeen will play next round.

Prest is the only player unavailible for Aberdeen.

RMC:-Tiernan

CM:-Heikkinen

CFL:-Bagshaw

Subs:-Preece,Tate,Clark,McHattie,Whelan.

ABERDEEN VS. HEARTS PREMIER LEAGUE

The game started brightly with Valois settig up Kirk but he fired wide(2mins.)

Both teams were fighting so hard that the next chance didnt fall until towards the end of the half,Heikkinen with a free kick from the half way line was volleyed by Bavidge,Saved,The ball was cleared by Maybury(35mins.)

That sparked the game into life for a minute as Hearts rushed forward,McKenna with a superb ball to Kirk,He could only header straight at Langfield(37mins.)

Both teams go in at half time score-less.

Aberdeen came straight at the Jambos from the start Bavidge firing a shot high and wide(46mins.)

Both teams were defending well and chances were few and far between.

Aberdeen threw on a couple of subs,Whelan and McHattie on for Heikkinen and Mackie(75mins.)

McHattie could have scored right at the end,Paulinho whipped in the ball to McHattie but his shot was tipped over the bar by an alert Moilanen,The corner was cleared(93mins.)

The final whistle brings the game to an end with the score at 0-0.

ABERDEEN 0 HEARTS 0

GOALS:-NONE

YELLOW CARDS:-McNaughton,Mackie(Aberdeen)Sloan(Hearts)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Teuvo Moilanen(Hearts)

ATTENDANCE:-19380

With alot of hard away games coming up we really wanted to win this one.The lads didnt create enough chances and will have to do better in the next game.We had to rest a few players in that game but they will be back for the next game,so we should see a better performance.

Aberdeen 0 Hearts 0

Dundee 2 Celtic 3

Dunfermline 2 Livingston 0

Falkirk 1 Kilmarnock 1

Hibs 0 Motherwell 0

Rangers 0 Dundee U 2

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE TOP 3(After 8 games)

1.Celtic:-Points 19

2.Aberdeen:-Points 17

3.Dunfermline:-Points 16

TOP 3 GOAL ASSISTS

1.Larsson(Celtic) 4 assists

2.Miller(Celtic) 4 assists

3.McPherson(Falkirk) 3 assists

SCOTLAND WIN IN STYLE

Aberdee reserves won 2-0 with Lombardi having a great game,He looks a good player and at 18 years old he will get some first team action this year.

Kevin McNaughton picked up his 10th cap to help Scotland beat Estonia 4-0.It was a green day as Brown scored 3 and Murray grabbed one,Both players play for Hibs.Anderson was on the bench but failed to come on,Mackie watched the game from the stands.

Preece goes down in training with a groin injury,We send him to the physio.He has a look and thinks he will need to go to a specialist to fix it proper.We send him to the specialist and he will be unavailible for 3 weeks.

We now go into a run of 4 away games in a row,2 in the league 2 in the cup,It will be a hard time as we have to play Dunfermline,Deportivo and Celtic all in the space of a week.

THE TWO JIMMYS

Aberdeen travel to face Jimmy Calderwood and Jimmy Nicholls Dunfermline.

They have had a good start to the season and sit a point behind the Dons in 3rd.They come into the game having won 3 games in a row so morale will be high.

The teams met 4 times last year with Aberdeen winning 3 and 1 game drawn,Dunfermline failed to score a single goal in thoose 4 games.

Aberdeen are without Preece for the game and Prest is still suspended for 2 more games.

Subs:-Holloway,Tate,Tiernan,Bart-Williams,Bavidge.

DUNFERMLINE VS. ABERDEEN PREMIER LEAGUE

Dunfermline make the first real chance,Crawford setting up Heath who pulled his shot just wide(11mins.)

Darren young was the next to try his luck for Dunfermline his shot high and wide(27mins.)

Nicholson also failed to trouble Langfield with a shot over the bar(30mins.)

Paulinho sent Whelan away on the left,Whelan beat his man before sending in a low cross,Mackie sent in the drive but Stillie tipped away,Skerla cleared the danger(32mins.)

This time Skerla wasnt so lucky,Clark played a ball towards Mackie on the right it hit Skerla and fell to Samba who finished the task by sliding it past the keeper Goal,1-0(40mins.)

The end of the half sees the teams go in with the score at Dunfermline 0 Aberdeen 1.

Dunfermline start the second half coming forward,Dempsey hitting the side netting from an tight angle(46mins.)

Aberdeen had the chance to double their lead Samba played a great ball to Mackie but his first time shot was well held by Stillie(48mins.)

Whelan and Mackie linked up with a great one-two,Mackie hit the shot but Stillie again was up to the job and tipped it out for a corner,Stillie punched the corner clear(55mins.)

Dempsey had the Dunfermline fans thinking they had scored,his long range drive looking like it went in when it actually hit the side netting(60mins.)

Dunfermline were looking to get level and could have been,Nicholson having his blistering drive tipped over the bar by Langfield,McNaughton clears the corner(71mins.)

A couple of subs are made to give players a rest before the Deportivo game,Samba and Oliseh came off,Bart-Williams and Bavidge on(73mins.)

Bavidge could have scored as he run 30 yards with the ball into the box,He had run out of steam though as his shot was weak and Stillie saved no problem(79mins.)

Aberdeen make the points safe with some great play by McNaughton to set up Bavidge who headed home Goal,2-0(82mins.)

Dunfermline just fall apart now as Bavidge sets up Mackie,He runs into the box before hitting it into the bottom corner Goal 3-0(83mins.)

The game ends with Aberdeen happy to keep possesion from a sloppy Dunfermline team,The final score is Dunfermline 0 Aberdeen 3.

DUNFERMLINE 0 ABERDEEN 3

GOALS:-Samba,Bavidge,Mackie(Aberdeen)

REF:-David Somers

YELLOW CARDS:-None

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Darren Mackie(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-11893

A brilliant second half performance from us,We were slow in the first half even though we scored.We will need to take that 2nd half performance to Spain with us if we want to get anything from our next game.The defence done a good job limiting the Pars to a few long range shots but Deportivo will have slighty better players next game.

Celtic 1 Rangers 1

Dundee U 1 Hibs 1

Dunfermline 0 Aberdeen 3

Hearts 2 Dundee 1

Livingston 3 Kilmarnock 1

Motherwell 4 Falkirk 1

1.Aberdeen:-Points 20

2.Celtic:-Points 20

3.Dunfermline:-Points 16

WORST 3 GOALKEEPERS

1.Ewings(Motherwell)Played 9 Conceeded 21

2.Gallacher(Dundee U)Played 9 Conceeded 17

3.Speroni(Dundee)Played 9 Conceeded 14

PREECE LEFT BEHIND AS SQUAD TRAVEL TO SPAIN

A few days before the Deportivo game i caught the reserve game against Motherwell.I was really impressed with what i saw,Bagshaw and McHattie looked brilliant.

The reserves won 4-1 with Bagshaw netting 2 and McHattie getting the other,Motherwells keeper scored an og for the 4th goal.A few of the players has been added to the squad to travel to Spain,Bagshaw,McHattie and Muirhead have been added to the first team.

The squad fly out for the wednesday game against Deportivo,Preece is left behind as he recovers from a groin injury,all the rest of the first team travel for the game.

WELCOME TO THE RIAZOR

We travel to Spain for our 3rd champions league game to take on the mighty Deportivo.

After beating teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona to win the Spanish league last year they are a team to fear.They have some real top class players in their team including Pizzaro,Tristan and Seedorf.We will go into this game expecting a hard time.

Aberdeen have a slight concern over Anderson who banged his shin in the pre-match warm up but he should be ok to start.

Subs:-Holloway,Tate,Hart,Muirhead,Paulinho,Whelan,McHattie.

DEPORTIVO VS. ABERDEEN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Aberdeen nearly stunned the home team with Mackie playing Bavidge through in space,He could only hit his shot straight at Molina(2mins.)

Deportivo didnt like that and started quick passing to create space,Manuel Pablo found that space and let fly,His shot was wonderfully saved by Langfield,McGuire cleared the loose ball(4mins.)

Valeron was the next up to try his luck from distance,he hit the side netting from 20 yards(7mins.)

Prest recieved the ball on the left equal with the centre circle,He played a long high ball to Bavidge,He controlled it then drilled a shot off the post,the defence quickly clear the rebound(12mins.)

Valeron gets a long range strike on target but fails to beat Langfield who holds the shot well(17mins.)

Deportivo were turning on the style and could have scored after some great play,Cambiasso played the ball to Pizzaro who headed on to Aruna,He run into the box before shooting,Langfield was in superb form again though to save and hold the shot(28mins.)

Aruna caused problems again as he burst into the box,This time he could only direct his shot into the side netting(36mins.)

Aberdeen sparked a rare attack when Mackie sent Prest away,Prest could only fire his shot over the bar from inside the box(42mins.)

The whistle blows for half time with both teams still failing to score.The Dons will go in the happier team as the score stays 0-0.

Aberdeen come out and looked to take an early second half lead.Mackie played the ball to Bavidge,Bavidge was clear with only the keeper to beat but he struck his shot straight at the keeper(47mins.)

The Deportivo fans are stunned as Aberdeen take the lead,Prest played the ball to Bavidge who had his first shot saved he pounced on the rebound to score,1-0(56mins.)

Deportivo missed an open goal as they tried to get level.Tristan forcing Langfield into a save and Aruna hitting the side netting when scoring looked easier(64mins.)

A few subs are made to try and keep things fresh,Muirhead and Whelan on for Clark and Prest(68mins.)

Just after the subs came on Deportivo missed another good chance,Aruna hitting his shot over the bar this time(69mins.)

Aberdeen use the perfect counter attack against Deportivo,It all started as a corner to Deportivo,McGuire cleared with his head,Bavidge picked up in his own half with a few touches he sent a superb ball to Whelan on the right,Whelan cut inside before hitting a low near post shot,Goal,2-0(76mins)

Aberdeen were to score again from a set piece this time Bart-Williams sent the corner in to the near post,Whelan got his head to it,Goal 3-0(91mins.)

That proved to be the last action of the game as Deportivo crumbled in the second half and loose the game 3-0.

DEPORTIVO 0 ABERDEEN 3

GOALS:-Bavidge,Whelan 2(Aberdeen)

REF:-Erol Ersoy

YELLOW CARDS:-None

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Martin Bavidge(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-34598

This has to go down as our best performance ever,We put in a brilliant performance and come home to play Celtic full of confidence.Deportivo showed their class in the first half but we matched them all the way defensively.In the second half they could not keep up with the pace we had set and ended up losing it completely.

OTHER GROUP GAME

ANDERLECHT 3 MARSEILLE 3

GROUP TABLE(After 3 games)

1.Aberdeen:-Points 7

2.Marseille:-Points 4

3.Deportivo:-Points 3

4.Anderlecht:-Points 2

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TOP 3 SCORERS

1.Kaka(Milan) 7goals

2.van Nistlerooy(Man U) 5 goals

3.Henry(Arsenal) 4 goals

BACK FROM SPAIN.NOW DOWN TO GLASGOW

The Dons are just home from the champions league win and its down to Glasgow to play Celtic.Celtic have a top class team and are always are a danger with Larsson and Sutton up front.Last season the teams met 5 times with Aberdeen winning 3 and Celtic winning 2,Aberdeen won the most important one at the end of last season to win the league title.Both teams come into the game on the same points so a win for either team would take them top.

Aberdeen are without Preece(Injured)and Prest(Suspended) for todays match.

CFR:-McHattie

Subs:-Holloway,Tate,Hart,Muirhead,Bagshaw.

CELTIC VS. ABERDEEN PREMIER DIVISION

The first action of the game sees Bart-Williams being carried off after a bad challenge,Muirhead replaces him(16mins.)

The first shot on goal was to come on the 20th minute,Paulinho played the corner to Muirhead he played it back to Paulinho he played a ball into the box for Anderson who could only head his shot straight at the keeper(20mins.)

Lambert had Celtics first chance,He fired in a long drive that Langfield tipped to safety(26mins.)

The half time whistle blows and an unhappy crowd at Parkhead as both teams come in having only managed 1 shot on target each.The score stays a boring 0-0.

Petrov blasts a shot high and wide as celtic look to make it a better half than the last one(47mins.)

McNaughton played a good ball to Samba he took a touch before hitting a shot just past the post(52mins.)

Aberdeen make a sub as the game fails to spark into life,Bagshaw on for Paulinho(67mins.)

Celtic managed to force a corner on the left,Kennedy swung it in to the near post towards Sutton,He got his head on it,Goal,1-0(82mins.)

Celtic could have had another Larsson involved in the scramble but Anderson hooked the ball off his own line(92mins.)

Celtic keep the ball until the last whistle,Final score Celtic 1 Aberdeen 0

CELTIC 1 ABERDEEN 0

GOALS:-Sutton(Celtic)

YELLOW CARDS:-Petrov,Varga(Celtic)McNaughton,McCann(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Phil McGuire(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-53115

We had done well in the game to keep it at 0-0 and were unlucky to lose the late goal.McGuire was voted man of the match so we done something right in defense.I cant be to hard on them as they had only 3 days between the last match and this one so legs were tired towards the end.

Celtic 1 Aberdeen 0

Dundee U 1 Dundee 2

Hearts 1 Dunfermline 1

Kilmarnock 3 Hibs 1

Livingston 1 Falkirk 1

Motherwell 2 Rangers 3

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE TOP 3(After 10 games)

1.Celtic:-Points 23

2.Aberdeen:-Points 20

3.Kilmarnock:-Points 17

TOP 3 GOALSCORERS

1.Di Giacomo(Kilmarnock) 10 goals

2.Lilley(Livingston) 5 goals

3.Bellion(Rangers) 5 goals

INJURY SHOCKER

After the defeat to Celtic we are informed by the physio that Bart-Williams is in a bad way,He tells me he tore his hamstring in the last match and will need surgery to correct it.The surgery will take 5 months meaning Bart-Williams might have kicked his last ball for the Dons.He is only on a one year contract and if we sign a replacment in the january window we could free him early to let him try his luck with someone else.

The first of november brings the pointless Monthly awards.

Player of the month:-Allan Ferguson(Falkirk)

Young player of the month:-David Bellion(Rangers)

Manager of thr month:-Martin O'Neill(Celtic)

The start of the month also sees us start the defence of the league cup against Raith Rovers.We will use this game to give fringe players and some of the younger ones a game.

ABERDEEN KEEN TO GET BACK TO WINNING WAYS

Aberdeen travel to Raith Rovers for the league cup 3rd round game.The teams have never met before but they knocked Hearts out last round so they will be no pushover.Both teams go into the game wanting to win and it could be a case of who wants it most?

Aberdeen go into the game without Preece(Injured),Diamond(Suspended),McGuire(Suspended),Bart-Williams(Injured)Mackie(Suspended.)

RB:-Payne

RMC:-Tiernan

CM:-Heikkinen

LMC:-Muirhead

CFR:-Bagshaw

CF:-McHattie

Subs:-Langfield,McNaughton,Paulinho,Whelan,Lombardi.

RAITH ROVERS VS. ABERDEEN LEAGUE CUP 3RD ROUND

Aberdeen came forward straight from the kick off.Bagshaw hit his shot against the side netting(1min.)

It was all Aberdeen as they looked to get an early goal,Tate flighted in a free kick from the half way line,The keeper came for it on the edge of the box but Heikkinen got there first,Goal,1-0(15mins.)

Aberdeen were looking good and scored again,McHattie crossed for Bagshaw who took a touch to control then sent his shot past the keeper,Goal,2-0(19mins.)

Raith tried to pull one back Sims blasting over the bar from 20 yards(22mins.)

Raith came forward and after a mix up in the box had a penalty,Hart stepped up...Holloway saves,Hart follows up,Goal,2-1(29mins.)

Raith were reduced to 10 men after Brady was sent off for two yellow cards(37mins.)

Half time sees Aberdeen go in ahead at 2-1.

Bagshaw was looking good and could have scored just after half time,He blasted his shot over from the edge of the box(48mins.)

Tiernan won a corner on the left,He played a perfect ball to Prest,Goal,3-1(58mins.)

McHattie gets involved in the fun too,Muirhead played a long ball into space for McHattie to chase,He run into the box with it before cracking it past the keeper,Goal,4-1(70mins.)

Prest sent McHattie away again but this time his shot was tipped away for the corner,Muirhead whipped in the corner from the left,Prests head found the ball in the box,Goal,5-1(77mins.)

The time ticks away as Raith want the game to end,Aberdeen are happy to play out the last 10 minutes at a snails pace.The game finishes Raith 1 Aberdeen 5.

RAITH ROVERS 1 ABERDEEN 5

GOALS:-Hart(Raith R)Heikkinen,Bagshaw,Prest 2,McHattie(Aberdeen)

YELLOW CARDS:-Boyle,Brady(Raith R)Tate,Heikkinen(Aberdeen)

RED CARDS:-Brady(Raith)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Martin Prest(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-4018

we were top class out there.They fringe and young players have took there chance and showed me what they can do.We will go into our next game high on confidence.It was good to see Prest back after his long suspension.

QUARTER FINAL DRAW MADE

The league cup draw sees Aberdeen at home.Jimmy Calderwood will take his Dunfermline team up to Pittodrie for the match.Dunfermline have done well this year and sit 4th in the league.The game is not for a month so both teams will put it to the back of their mind for the time being.Aberdeen have already beat Dunfermline this season and will look for the same kind of result.

During the Raith Rovers game we spotted John Sutton,We have sent the scouts to watch his next few games.He is a striker and we have a few so he will have to get a good report to have any chance of being signed.He is the younger brother of Chris Sutton,Who is currently starring for Celtic,and if he can reach the same level as him he would be a top class signing.

The next game sees the first team players back after being rested for the cup,The fringe and young players did well and that will make it harder for me to drop them for the next game.

THE NEW FIRM-YOU MUST BE JOKING

Dundee United travel to Pittodrie for todays match.This two teams in the 80's were classed as the new firm which is a bit of a joke really.Dundee United sit 10th in the table and havent been playing well in the league,They did win their last game in the cup 5-1 against Airdrie Utd.In head to heads Aberdeen have won 3 of the 4 matches against the teams,Dundee U have won 1.Ian McCall will have to pull Dundee U up the table or he could be gone before the end of the season.

Aberdeen come into the game with only Preece out injured,He should be back for the next game.

Subs:-Holloway,Tate,Muirhead,Tiernan,Bavidge.

ABERDEEN VS. DUNDEE UNITED PREMIER LEAGUE

Dundee United were the first to push forward,McInnes playing a through ball to Samuel who scopped it over the bar from close range(2mins.)

Whelan played a ball to Oliseh at the edge of the box but he could only lift his shot over the bar(8mins.)

Charlie Miller came close with a 25 yard free kick from the left,He hit the side netting with the keeper looking stranded(21mins.)

The half time whistle blows to a few moans and groans from the fans as the score stays 0-0.

Aberdeen came right at United at the start of the second half,McCann switched the play to Mackie on the right,He played a perfect ball into the box for Samba,He hits it first time,Goal,1-0(46mins.)

Samba repaid the favour for Mackie by setting him up with a ball into his path,He could only strike his shot wide though(55mins.)

Miller had another chance with a 20 yard central free kick,He curled his shot high and wide(58mins.)

Aberdeen made a couple of subs,Oliseh and Samba are off,Tiernan and Bavidge replace them(60mins.)

Bavidge had the ball in the net a few minutes after coming on but it was disallowed as he made his run to early and was offside(63mins.)

Bavidge had another chance but the keeper pulled off a great save to give the Dons a corner,The corner was cleared by the defence(71mins.)

Mackie broke down the right as Aberdeen were putting heavy pressure on United,Mackie drove the ball along the six yard box towards Whelan,Whelan slides the ball in,Goal,2-0(73mins.)

McGuire played a long ball out of defence for Whelan to chase up the left,He managed to get their and continued with the ball towards the box,He spotted Mackie and chipped it into his path,He strikes it first time,Goal,3-0(76mins.)

Tiernan set up Bavidge through the middle,Bavidge run into the box before sliding it past the keeper,Goal,4-0(80mins)

United made their first chance of the half,Williams firing over the bar from a good angle(84mins.)

The final whistle blows as Aberdeen win the game 4-0,Dundee United failed to get going in the second half and could have lost a few more goals.

Aberdeen 4 Dundee United 0

GOALS:-Samba,Whelan,Mackie,Bavidge(Aberdeen)

YELLOW CARDS:-McNaughton,Paulinho(Aberdeen)Foster,Innes(Dundee U)

RED CARDS:-None.

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Darren Mackie(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-19134

The first half was really poor but the team were brilliant in the second half.We could have scored a few more than we did with the chances we made.Dundee United were very poor in the second half and on that display i cant see them getting much higher than their current 10th.We will go into our next game against Deportivo full of confidence.

Aberdeen 4 Dundee U 0

Dundee 2 Motherwell 2

Dunfermline 0 Celtic 1

Hibs 1 Falkirk 0

Livingston 0 Hearts 3

Rangers 5 Kilmarnock 0

1.Celtic:-Points 26

2.Aberdeen:-Points 23

3.Rangers:-Points 18

AVERAGE RATINGS TOP 3