Hammer Head Tactic

If you tried using the Hammer Head Tactic, did it work for you?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. If you tried using the Hammer Head Tactic, did it work for you?

• Yes! I was very pleased with the results. Great tactic!
    • It was just right. Worked against some teams, not so against others.
    • Sadly, it did not work out for me.

Looks interesting, I definitely have the players to pull this one off so I may give it a try and see how it fares.

Just want to ask about the screenshot of the Burnley game you posted though. You've said very clearly in your OP that a big, strong, good heading Target Man is the best type of player to use, and quoting Ibra as the type of player you'd like.

However you seem to have Walcott scoring 6 as your TM...... He is not big, not strong and can't head for toffee. So should we be revising this to say you need a quick striker here?

Looks interesting, I definitely have the players to pull this one off so I may give it a try and see how it fares.

Just want to ask about the screenshot of the Burnley game you posted though. You've said very clearly in your OP that a big, strong, good heading Target Man is the best type of player to use, and quoting Ibra as the type of player you'd like.

However you seem to have Walcott scoring 6 as your TM...... He is not big, not strong and can't head for toffee. So should we be revising this to say you need a quick striker here?

Thanks for taking the time to try out the tactic. The 'Walcott' used there is an edited version of him (sort of Thierry Henry like) :p Meaning, he is taller and stronger than that in the game. So please just disregard the Burnley post (purpose was to show the 10.0 rating. :) )

As for whoever who asked if this tactic will work for LLM teams. Well, don't bother. Most likely it will not.

This tactic uses a style which requires very talented players. Fast attacking tempo with very short passing needs very good passing, composure and probably decisions. Sadly, good passing abilities are sorely lacking in LLM. I got my LLM team to premier league but even then, my defenders have passing less than 10 still.

The tactic also uses pretty expressive creative freedom which.. I doubt LLM teams can handle.

They also require a deep lying playmaker, a position not easily found in LLM. You usually either just get the normal MC or just some DMC. But it is hard to find a guy who can tackle, have awesome passing + creative. Oh, he needs to hold the ball as well.

A target man is also not easy to find. Or at least those that fit those requirements. A simple poacher who just needs 17acc 17 pace with 10 finishing 10 composure 10 off the ball will usually destroy every team in LLM if you pair him up with decent partner and midfield support.

You would really need close to a mid to high end team to be able to fully express the awesomeness of this tactic. Right now, my crappy LLM can only play direct attacking football with restricted creative freedom.

As for whoever who asked if this tactic will work for LLM teams. Well, don't bother. Most likely it will not.

This tactic uses a style which requires very talented players. Fast attacking tempo with very short passing needs very good passing, composure and probably decisions. Sadly, good passing abilities are sorely lacking in LLM. I got my LLM team to premier league but even then, my defenders have passing less than 10 still.

The tactic also uses pretty expressive creative freedom which.. I doubt LLM teams can handle.

They also require a deep lying playmaker, a position not easily found in LLM. You usually either just get the normal MC or just some DMC. But it is hard to find a guy who can tackle, have awesome passing + creative. Oh, he needs to hold the ball as well.

A target man is also not easy to find. Or at least those that fit those requirements. A simple poacher who just needs 17acc 17 pace with 10 finishing 10 composure 10 off the ball will usually destroy every team in LLM if you pair him up with decent partner and midfield support.

You would really need close to a mid to high end team to be able to fully express the awesomeness of this tactic. Right now, my crappy LLM can only play direct attacking football with restricted creative freedom.

Thanks really some great analysis you got there Brose! Two Thumbs up! :thup::thup:

Archived