Creating a Regionalised 44 team Premier League [FM10]

Roy Keane

Hi,

Okay, so I want to create a 44 team English Premier League (including all clubs from the PL & Championship) which is split into four regions of 11 (North, South, East, West). 28 sides (top 7 from each region) would advance into the League Stage proper while the lowest ranked 16 teams (bottom 4 in each case) enter a sort of Round Robin relegation play-off, with 8 teams eventually relegated to League One.

I know it is quite complicated but could anyone tell me firstly if this is possible, and secondly explain how it is done?

Hi,

Okay, so I want to create a 44 team English Premier League (including all clubs from the PL & Championship) which is split into four regions of 11 (North, South, East, West). 28 sides (top 7 from each region) would advance into the League Stage proper while the lowest ranked 16 teams (bottom 4 in each case) enter a sort of Round Robin relegation play-off, with 8 teams eventually relegated to League One.

I know it is quite complicated but could anyone tell me firstly if this is possible, and secondly explain how it is done?

Not sure, but maybe.

Create the premier league as a league with sub-divisions, set the min/max teams for the 4 divisions at 11, set it as a 2 round league. Set the promoted/relegated teams to 0. Then go to the playoff tab(not sure if that's what it is called) and tick the championship playoff. Select the playoff as a league, tick the box that uses all 4 divisions, and the numbers of teams in playoff at 28.

I've never tried creating a championship league playoff, so not sure if it will work, or even if I'm remembering the options correctly. I'm at work right now.

Oh, and for the relegation, tick the relegation playoff box in the same screen and select the same options, only select the number of relegated teams as 8 and the number of total teams in the playoff as 16.

Archived