Match too organized - seems a bit artificial to me

I agree with the point that the pressing game needs to be a lot more aggressive. It's very difficult to get your side to push up to the half-way line and hound the opposition in packs of 3 in their own half, forcing mistakes. It's no good pressurising the man on the ball if his passing options are just left unmarked.

A good example was Chelsea under Mourinho, they were relentless in pressuring weaker sides at home, challenging them to either have the required technique and passing to play their way out, or just smash it downfield.

For goodness sake -Everyone who agree's with this point join Me and Mightymind, we will protest till S.I fixes this

join Chickenlegs(thats the crew name)

to join, phone: 0161fixthisbug32889

or PM fmobande

Or send a text saying S.I listen woman to 1748

JOIN NOW!

Oh well, i didn't intend this to be a revolution. Just a few thoughts to improve the game. I don't think it's easy to implement because it's about player behaviour. However, Mightymind gets the point. Simplifying a little, yes, there should be more interceptions that happen in a few seconds, the ball rebounding around, headers that come and go like if it was a volleyball match, etc.

Thanks for the interest in the thread. Maybe it is already programmed but not correctly shown just yet.

I think the match needs to improve in chaos & movement, so i'd like to criticise these aspects:

- Not enough fighting for positions in corners, free kicks and walls.

- Not enough fighting for positions for the ball in midfield.

- Moves & passes are way too clean.

- Bureaucratic. Too many instructions. You shouldn't need to tell players to win the match, but you should need to tell them to regulate energies and play defensively to get a draw or defend a minimum difference. Too many arrows.

- Not much fighting for rebounds.

- Too organized looks artificial to me.

- Players play better than IRL: too many accurate first time passes to be true that go directly to feet.

- Improve struggling in crosses and long balls.

Pros:

- Looks very good graphically.

So in general needs more struggling and chaos, less bureaucracy and instructions.

Are you watching the full match or key highlights?

I think the match engine is very good as it is. Just wanted to point out those details. Other companies haven't developed a match engine at the same level. I think SI is placed 6 years ahead its competitors.

Erm, Fifa Managers match engine is a lot better.

Just a shame their overall game isn't better. May have changed for Fifa Manager 10 though.

The match engine is the way it simulates a football match, not the graphics.

Unless you actually think Fifa Manager simulates a football match better than Football Manager does. In which case, in the kindest way possible, I think you're nuts :)

Archived