In need of striker help

AC Link

Hi, I'm currently finding myself in a spot of bother that my strikers don't seem to score.

I play as Cheltenham Town, and need my strikers to get as many goals as possible so that I can steer clear of relegation. They were banging them in for the first 8 games, but now the goals have dried up and our league position is suffereing because of it. 6th to 16th isn't quite what I was hoping for.

One of my main problems is my strikers haven't scored much. I like to play 2 up front, Steven Gillespie and a lad I bought - Charles Andre Doudin. They were playing really well and were scoring in their plentiful. Then Doudin got injured but Gillespie continued to score with his new partner - Damien Spencer, who got a few of his own. But since, neither have been scoring and Gillespie has got injured. Doudin is back but seems to have lost his form.

So I want to know is, should I buy a new striker who's gauranteed to get me goals, or try some new tatics. I have 65k to spend if needed to.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Killua. I'll look up some of those players.

I've only done two matches since I set up this thread but we've scored 3 goals in those two matches now. Losing 3-1 and winning 2-1.

Originally posted by lpool14:

do you have a target man if not set one of your strikers as a target man then he will get the balls delivered to him to score the goals for you

Not really. I have two strikers up front and hope they play well together, which from time to time they do.

have two strikers

Doudin is class but can go through long periods without scoring. I reccomend Damon Gray(or Grey) from Hibs. You can get him for about 100k and play him alongside doudin, with gray as the target man. If you havent got 100k to spend, offer them more cash over 50 games and that way you pay later!

Originally posted by kel-9:

kabamba musasa is one of the best strikerrs i have signed scored 89 goals in two seasons in league two the one and he is cheap

He looks pretty handy. How much can you get him for? Ive got a save game with Lincoln City may try and put a cheeky bid in for him.

Originally posted by mehmehmehmeh:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">have two strikers

Doudin is class but can go through long periods without scoring. I reccomend Damon Gray(or Grey) from Hibs. You can get him for about 100k and play him alongside doudin, with gray as the target man. If you havent got 100k to spend, offer them more cash over 50 games and that way you pay later! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doudin does go through some patches without scoring. But I think its over now, as he has scored a few for the reserves(he was there to get match fit) and put one in on his comeback game.

Archived