[FM09] A Season in a night!

Superdan

Matchday 12 Lazio @ Olimpico, Rome (Serie A)

brand.gif Vs logo%20HellasVerona.png

Match Preview

I feel this is the strongest my side has been for a few games now and i genuinely believe we may be able to give Lazio a game on their home turf here, we are still missing some big names but i think this side is strong enough to win here.

Starting Line-Up

Riou (GK), Molina (LB), Mancienne (RB), Diaz (CB), Zlatkov (CB), Delph (CM), Gaillard (CM), Rea (AMR), Sassi (AML), Monteiro (ST), Haugen (ST)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lazio 1-0 VERONA

Match Review

It would appear that we are slipping back into our early season slump, i appreciate we have alot of injuries but i was expecting a draw here, but Lazio were very good for their three points, very impressive/

Match Overview

lazioc.jpg

Match Stats

lazioy.jpg

Player Ratings

lazio.jpg

Matchday 13 Benfica @ Bentegodi, Verona (Champions League)

logo%20HellasVerona.png Vs socialgroupicon_2118_1234049425.gif

Match Preview

We beat these away recently but our side has been further weakened by injury since then, they gave us a very good game last time out and perhaps deserved alot more than they got. Could go either way tonight.

Starting Line-Up

Riou (GK), Diaz (LB), Mancienne (RB), Melnychenko (CB), Zlatkov (CB), Delph (CM), Prieto (CM), Rea (AMR), Molina (AML), Monteiro (ST), Holomek (ST)

VERONA 2-0 Benfica

Match Review

A good victory for the boys, hopefully this can turn our fortunes around and help us turn the corner and start to get some victories under our belt. Delph in particular was very impressive today, was good to see some lads coming back from injuries.

Overview

benficao.jpg

Match Stats

benfica.jpg

Player Ratings

benfica.jpg

Matchday 14 Inter @ Bentegodi, Verona (Serie A)

logo%20HellasVerona.png Vs inter_logo.jpg

Match Preview

A massive game for us here, we're not in the best form in the league and we're still suffering alot of injuries to key players, however the squad is now alot stronger than it has been in weeks gone by and we are at home so we do have a fighting chance.

Starting Line-up

Riou (GK), Backes (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (CM), Gaillard (CM), Monteiro (AMR), Sassi (AML), Holomek (ST), Acapandie (ST)

VERONA 3-1 Inter

Substitutions: Haugen (On for Acapandie)

Match Review

What a result! I was not expecting that! Especially when we went 1-0 down, we seemed a completely different side after we conceded, the boys responded really well to going a goal down which, to me, is the mark of a great side. With players coming back from injury surely things can only get better!

Match Overview

inter.jpg

Match Stats

interg.jpg

Player Ratings

interz.jpg

Matchday 15 Udinese @ Bentegodi, Verona (Serie A)

logo%20HellasVerona.png Vs brand.gif

Match Preview

This is an important game for us, a must win in my opinion. Coming off the back of the 3-1 hammering of Inter we need to show that it wasn't a fluke and that we are still very serious contenders for a title challenge and a place in the Champions League.

Starting Line-Up

Riou (GK), Backes (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (CM), Gaillard (CM), Monteiro (AMR), Sassi (AML), Holomek (ST), Acapandie (ST)

VERONA Udinese

Substitutions: Rea (on for Sassi), Haugen (On for Acapandie)

Match Review

Good result at home to Udinese, much needed three points that drags us right back into the thick of the title chase. We now find ourselves only 6 points behind the league leaders which is easily catchable. As players return to fitness im beginning to think we have another genuine shot at the title on our hands this season.

Match Overview

udinese.jpg

Match Stats

udinese.jpg

Player Ratings

udinese.jpg

Matchday 16 Siena @ Bentegodi, Verona (Serie A)

logo%20HellasVerona.png Vs logo-siena.gif

Match Preview

Siena aren't one of the stronger sides in the division and without meaning to sound all pompous, i think my almost fully fit Verona side should be able to beat them without too much hassle.

Starting Line-Up

Riou (GK), Backes (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (CM), Gaillard (CM), Monteiro (AMR), Buonanotte (AML), Holomek (ST), Acapandie (ST)

VERONA 1-1 Siena

Substitutions: Melnychenko (On for Mancienne), Sassi (On for Buonanotte), Haugen (On for Holomek)

Match Review

Not impressed with this result, I feel I may have underestimated Siena however i think we should definitely have claimed a victory here. We didn't penetrate Siena's defence enough, perhaps i rushed Buonanotte back from injury. We will be looking to bounce back from this disappointing result in our next game where we go on the road for the first time in 4 games.

Match Overview

sienawhx.jpg

Match Stats

siena.jpg

Player Ratings

sienai.jpg

Matchday 17 Brescia @ Mario Rigamonti Stadium (Serie A)

Brescia_Calcio-logo-104A7B6463-seeklogo.com.gif Vs logo%20HellasVerona.png

Match Preview

Our second game against mid-table opposition in a row, we definitely wont be underestimating the power of the middle again anytime soon! This game could go either way, we've been iffy on the road and we will be looking to address that here.

Starting Line-up

Riou (GK), Backes (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (CM), Gaillard (CM), Monteiro (AMR), Buonanotte (AML), Holomek (ST), Acapandie (ST)

Brescia 1-1 Verona

Substitutions: Cucek (On for Riou)

Match Review

We woz robbed! Brescia had 3 shots in the game with 1 on target and they score it! Granted we should have bagged more with our superior shot count, but this really is the bitterest pill to swallow.

Match Overview

bresciat.jpg

Match Stats

brescia.jpg

Player Ratings

brescia.jpg

Matchday 18 Ajax @ Amsterdam ArenA, Amsterdam (Champions League)

AFC_Ajax-logo-62665934F9-seeklogo.com.gif Vs logo%20HellasVerona.png

Match Preview

This is going to be a tight one. Ajax are a good side and in Martin Jol have an experienced manager. I know we CAN win this game but whether we will depends on the performance of both sides but i know on our day we can beat anyone in the world.

Starting Line-Up

Cucek (GK), Backes (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (CM), Gaillard (CM), Monteiro (AMR), Buonanotte (AML), Holomek (ST), Acapandie (ST)

AFC Ajax 3-2 VERONA

Match Review

Bitterly disappointed to have lost a two goal lead and in turn the match. We definitely missed Riou in the goal as he gives us an assuredness at the back that Cucek doesn't. Really gutted to have lost that match.

Overview

ajaxz.jpg

Match Stats

ajaxn.jpg

Player Ratings

ajaxl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived