How Far back do you go???

I used to go round my best mate Dave's when i was younger. His brother had CM97/98 on the pc. I'd wait till Dave went to bed and sit on his PC all night playing it. Then go to school next day and fall asleep in lessons.

I did this on a regular occassion and also did it at weekends.

I was hooked.

I have owned and played every single version since. I'm not much of a hoarder though. They hang about in my room, but i dont make sure they are in pristine condition. Sure i have 75% of them still though.

I have even (sorry Sigames) played the CM's as well as the FM's. But i can't get into the CM's as much as i do the FM's. By January i dont touch the CM's :D

Oh and USM2 is the best game i have ever played!!

And i also buy and dable for a few months with Fifa Manager. And i miss LMA Manager.

Gah im an addict......

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all very fuzzy but I vaguely remember getting a ZX81 for my 11th birthday and playing some kind of football manager game on it (think my mum was fussed because the game required the 16k ram pack or somesuch). Played different games on and through BBCs, Spectrums, Dragons, Amstrads, Amigas and STs right up to PCs. That's probably all of them then. Must say the game has lost much of its fun element due to its increasing complexity. This is a mounting problem as eventually the amount of players will decrease due to the amount of time necessary to play the game. I think that's why a lot of the more casual players are switching to CM.

I go right the way back to 92/93 with the original version of CM in dos for the PC. I think I still have the floppy disks somewhere in a cupboard.

I bought every version of it after that, but 08 was the last version I have. Thanks to the introduction of DRM etc in 09, I boycotted it. Fingers crossed on FM10 being far more sensible.

It has to be my favourite title ever (even taking the name change into account). I used to really look forward to the next version being released.

I do miss not having the newer version and data, so much so, that I spent sunday updating my 08 database so that this seasons teams are in the correct leagues; right down to National League level. I'm now working though updating (some) players to the right teams (not going as far down the leagues for this).

Archived