Creating a player

JoelPrice

Hi guys,

I recently made a player on the FM 09 Database, but am not sure whether i need to give him high stats e.g. 17-19 and high potential (but low current ability). Or to give him low stats e.g. 7-10, with high potential and low current ability. I have done both and both times i have scouted the players with top level scouts and both say they are not worth buying, they are aged 18-19 playing in the blue square north. Any suggestions?

Cheers

the higher the better.

CA goes up to 200.

sometimes scouts think a player won't develop so they are rated low. i've seen players 180+ PA but 60-100 PA aged 20 rated as 3 star prospects. Scouts can be wrong, sometimes a player won't develop that well, it's just all part of 'the game'

if you want a realistic player but very good pa i suggest 90/105 CA in BSS and 200 PA, obviously if you are being a little more realistic anything between 180-200 is world class(ish) and 155-170 international(ish)

-10 potential can mean a random between 170-200, i often used this if adding 'friends' into the game for fun

If you give him stats of 17 to 20 with a low CA at the start of the game, his stats will not appear as 17 to 20.. the stats are a reflection of the CA, so as his CA increases, he will grow into those 17 to 20 stats you have given him as long as his PA is high enough.

Archived