• Ipad 9th generation (2021) performance

Gerara
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Message added by Desmond Richardson,

Please be aware that these comments were copied here from another source and that the date and time shown for each comment may not be accurate.

I am about to buy an ipad 9th generation (2021) just to play Football Manager Touch. Do you still notice  frame drops during the  match? Could someone from SI confirm that it has been tested and it is ok ? I have read just one  comment that there are  frame drops ( lag) only when 3D match is in progress . I have seen it happen  again in the past and i so not want to take risk with ipad 9th

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can someone from SI  please confirm that it is a known issue and it will be sorted out soon ? I am afraid that since ipad 9th gen 2021) has only 3 gb ram , fps drops  during games , will stay forever...

I'm playing it on my iPhone 11 pro without any kind of lag, so I think there won't be any kind of problem on iPad 2021. I'm thinking about buying it too for FM Touch, waiting for someone to release something to change the team names (I'm a Napoli fan and I can't play with the name Parthenope 😬)

7 hours ago, moriljnnn said:

I'm playing it on my iPhone 11 pro without any kind of lag, so I think there won't be any kind of problem on iPad 2021. I'm thinking about buying it too for FM Touch, waiting for someone to release something to change the team names (I'm a Napoli fan and I can't play with the name Parthenope 😬)

Iphone has more RAM than ipad 9th generation (3GB) and a much smaller screen .  Probably, i will take the risk. 

8 saat önce, Gerara said:

Iphone has more RAM than ipad 9th generation (3GB) and a much smaller screen .  Probably, i will take the risk. 

Can you share your experience with ipad 9 after playing fm touch please?

39 minutes ago, emr1907 said:

Can you share your experience with ipad 9 after playing fm touch please?

I want to buy an ipad that's why i am asking. I have read a couple of comments in this forum  about fps drops when watching 3d match.

3 saat önce, Gerara said:

I want to buy an ipad that's why i am asking. I have read a couple of comments in this forum  about fps drops when watching 3d match.

I mean if you buy an ipad 9,can you write its performance here?

57 minutes ago, emr1907 said:

I mean if you buy an ipad 9,can you write its performance here?

Ofc i will. However, i am concerned about it's performance and probably i will wait for a while , at least until SI give us a response . Several years ago i bought a highend android tablet Sony Z4 that was in the compatibility list , but 3D match engine was really unwatchable (lagging and fps drops). They removed Sony Z4 tablet from the compatibility list next year , because they were unable to fix the issue... 

13 saat önce, Desmond Richardson said:

Is anyone playing with cloud turned on? Might be worth turning it off to see if that improves your performance. 

I disabled every service,every backround stuff and every feature like bluetooth/wireless etc,also updated to latest os.my ipad 9 is free of everything and only fm is installed/working.

Im getting fps drops in hightlights,for every match in big stadiums with full crowd.

Edited by emr1907

1 hour ago, emr1907 said:

I disabled every service,every backround stuff and every feature like bluetooth/wireless etc,also updated to latest os.my ipad 9 is free of everything and only fm is installed/working.

Im getting fps drops in hightlights,for every match in big stadiums with full crowd.

Would it be possible for you to upload us a screen recording so we can see this?

On 25.11.2022 at 15:14, Desmond Richardson said:

Would it be possible for you to upload us a screen recording so we can see this?

I uploaded 2 videos,both with the same camera and speed.You can see the difference better by selecting full screen and higher quality.

This is a highlight in a smaller stadium(lesser crowd)-smooth fps

This is a highlight in a big stadium(more crowd) -fps drop

Edited by emr1907