• Ps5 - Match Engine stutters/frame rate drops

Matt Taff
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hi there,

I seem to be getting frame rate drops happening a fair bit during the match engine.  It runs smooth one min, then stutters the next. It ruins the match day gameplay experience, and has put me off playing the game a bit, which is a shame as FM23 is a great game..

Any ideas how I can stop the frame rate drops and stuttering on Ps5?

Many thanks

Matt

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi Zachary,

Not really tbh. It will be running fine one min, then just slows down and starts to stutter. Happens a fair bit on corners , and perhaps the frame rate dips happen more once you have changed a tactic. But again it can happen  at happen at any time.

many thanks

Matt

• SI Staff

Hello, we've not received many other reports of this and are struggling to reproduce internally.

Could you please upload a video of what's happening to you, a phone recording shall suffice.

Hi,

little update here..

ok so the stuttering stops if I change my gaming monitor to 1080p… the game runs really smooth.

anything above the 1080p resolution makes the game stutter. 1440 the games stutters in random places, 4K the game becomes a mess with slow downs etc.

is fm23 on the PS5 meant to be played at 1080p resolution? Like I said it runs a lot smoother on this, but then you are losing the sharpness of the graphics.

many thanks

Matt

• Administrators

Appreciate you getting back to let us know, we'll continue testing with this new information and see if we can find a more stable solution.