• Not using British terminology in the US

doctor_c
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I am an ex-pat based in the US, and the game defaulted to American English and US$, which is fine.  However, I changed the preference to British English so that the 'Head Coach' is called the manager and the game stops referring to 'Soccer' and refers to 'Football' instead.  However, this is not working, and  The game is still referring to the Manager as 'Head Coach', the Assistant Manager as 'Assistant Coach',   However, vision statements like 'play entertaining soccer' have correctly converted to 'play entertaining football'.  It seems to be hit/miss on where this change is and isn't working - previous versions of the game this worked fine.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are 2 language settings you need to change ( for some obscure reason)- go to preferences and search for languages and you can see them both.

• SI Staff

Hello, could you please go to your Preferences and check that both the game language and the data language preferences are both set to your desired language, thanks. (Preferences -> Advanced -> General -> Game Language / Data language Preferences)

Thank you - this fixed the issue.  It was this new 'data language' setting that I didn't know was there.  Once I changed that, everything else changed to British english