• Teams with B-teams always renew every player in the team

Nolopola
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

B-team squads always end up way bigger in the future in the game, with seemingly every single player getting renewed until they refuse to sign a new contact/get sold/find another club.

I checked this in the Belgian and German leagues and compared it to the start of the game.

In both leagues the teams and up with massive squads where a lot of players can't get a game (and therefore also don't develop).

image.thumb.jpeg.afc0974f90ed04d04ff4fd05f94de1d3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b03376847d7d1bb2188414d2842cf0d9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.03cdb28eb966ceed0eb019947def27eb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bf12cbe830b96ee15008022041774a87.jpeg

In Belgium (and other countries where B-teams have age restrictions) the issue is even more ridiculous as multiple players that are kept around can't even be registered as they are too old.

image.thumb.jpeg.d6bad97786b1b7aa9eb968937997cf24.jpeg

I know that if you manage a team with a B-team the contract recommendation always says for any player who isn't good enough for the first team, that they should be renewed because it would benefit the affiliate. I assume the issue is that the AI is always applying this advice and thus renewing everyone. The problem with this is that a player who is 22 and has barely played for the B-team also gets seen as a player who the affiliate would benefit from, even if they won't contribute and will even be ineligible for the team.

The save file was just a general sim to the future, so it's not the best setup to check this issue, if more data is needed I can make a save specifically to check this issue.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It's only the first season so it's not the best example. But here you can see that in the March contract suggestions a player should not be renewed because he's nog good enough and then suddenly in the last week of June he should get renewed because he would benefit the affiliate (where in reality he's 3rd or 4th choice GK)

image.thumb.jpeg.5588988758f92879be37bc2a0173f814.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2f27d75af59db43bc69bb50a5cc20766.jpeg

I should have saves from before both recommendations, so let me know if you need any of them.