• Contract Renewal Issue

adamtheblade88
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I have a player who is asking for a new contract. I have agreed to the request however when I go to offer the new contract the Agent states:

"My client isn't currently interested in entering negotiations with your club. 

He isn't sure your interest is serious after you failed to follow up any interest expressed in so many players"

This has lead to the player becoming unhappy no contract is offered and causing a squad issue where senior players are unhappy with this despite me having no way to resolve this currently and the player being willing to sign a new deal. This has also lead to player meetings etc.

Although I have enquired and made offers for some players which were turned down (again outside of my control) I don't feel this is how the mechanic should work especially when the player wants to sign.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

We don't have any workarounds we can offer at the moment unfortunately, but do appreciate this is a frustrating issue and its one we're looking into further. 

I'm having this issue too, With Frattesi at Sassuolo in my first season. It's quite an awful bug. It's threatening to derail my season only a few games in. Any advice?

• Administrators

Believe this has now been resolved in a previous update, thank you for your patience. Do let us know if you spot anything similar.