• Foreign players from one country in agents offers on deadline day

pow4h
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Hi,

I am not sure if its bug but I am playing in polish league and I am on deadline day of transfer window.

On its screen I am receiving a lot of offers from agents and it wouldn't be surprising but there are only one type of players - young (18-20 years old), generated players from USA clubs on amateur contracts. 

Nothing else, only these players - and I have full knowledge of them although I cant even send scouts to USA. 

I attach save file.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Interestingly I've seen some similar patterns.

I'm playing as Dunfermline (Scotland). First season my scouting range was Scotland only, second was EU. I do have a few staff with some non-eu knowledge though.

Somehow despite never leaving Europe I see a ridiculous number of Argentine players being recommended to me, and similar to OP I've had several USA newgens too. I even signed a few of them.

I've been feeling a lot like something weird is happening with scouting/agent recommendations since starting fm23 but it's hard to prove anything.

I had a save in a France for a short time and I pretty much only got Argentine and African recommendations from scouting assignments regardless of me scouting primarily around Europe where there should be loads of other options.

I think it's becoming less noticeable on my save now I'm further into it and I have a lot of scouting set up, but early on it felt like all I saw were Argentines and Americans.

It definitely feels like the way the game is selecting players to recommend is a bit broken.

Edited by Grez

So I've continued my save, and now I have full international scouting it's clear what the issue is with the USA players:

The USA teams aren't giving their youth kids proper contracts.

There's literally hundreds of youth kids sitting around in "Academy" teams on amateur contracts - and a lot of those players are good players. I think something like 50%+ of the USA's youth national team players on my save were kids from academy teams on amateur contracts. I started scouting them all around August and signed something like 20 of them on a free (I probably own the entire future USA national team now).

I did notice that a bunch of them were offered contracts by their clubs around November, but these youth kids had been sitting around for months (maybe years?) before getting given a contract.

Clearly this is an error / overlooked area in the AI. If a player is good enough to make the USA's national youth team there's absolutely no way they should be sitting in an academy on an amateur contract. The AI needs to be giving these players contracts and locking them down to their clubs.

The "Academy" teams I'm talking about are teams like:

Phoenix Academy, Inter Miami Academy, OCSC Academy, FC Dallas Academy etc. It also includes Canadian academies like Whitecaps Academy and Toronto FC Academy. Maybe it'll include other North American countries but I don't know.

• Administrators

Believe this has now been resolved in a previous update, thank you for your patience. Do let us know if you spot anything similar.