• FM23 > Recruitment Focus set to Loan only > returning players unavailable for loan

The Enforcer
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hi,

I am managing Banbridge in Northern Island third tier. I am semi-professional so can't sign new amateur players, have no transfer or wage budget (raised separately as a bug in the NI league forum), so can only afford free loan signings. I set up recruitment focuses for loan only and the scouts return players that are not only not marked as available for loan, but are on amateur contracts where it is impossible to even attempt to loan them. See screenshot below for an example.

image.png.be5847ff28cfece130b0de2557d8bc01.png

image.png.42f9a079c7f09bdc033149b415571db7.png

At the time of writing I have three recruitment focuses set to loan only with 9/10 recommended players on amateur contracts. The one who is on a part-time contract is a GK, whom his club won't release on loan due to them having a lack of GKs, the irony being they have three GKs, whereas I am now down to one, because my other two were poached from their amateur contracts.

Cheers,

TE

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

If you need another example, I am getting the same issue on my Swansea University save. I set a recruitment focus to loan only and only one from eleven returned players is available for loan (and they are not interested in joining me anyway; whilst another player whom is not loan listed is interested in a loan, but his club wants 100% wage contribution and my board allows 0%). This suggests that the problem is widespread amongst bottom leagues at least.

Cheers,

TE

Edited by The Enforcer