• Screen flickering

Pucek
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I took @Zachary Whyte advice and moved my topic here.

This is the description of the problem:

My problem is absurd. Until yesterday, I was using a laptop with an RTX 2060 card, G-Sync and 144 Hz refresh rate. No problems.

Since yesterday I've been using a PC with an RTX 3080 card, G-Sync and 144 Hz refresh rate. My screen flickers when watching matches in 2D.

I tried reducing to 60Hz and disabling G-Sync as it says in the tips, but it didn't help. Also, playing in FM with equipment like mine and being limited to 60Hz is really stupid. Why is there a problem with watching the match in 2D? What can I do?

I don't have this problem in 3D matches, but I like the 2D classics.

UPDATE

I became positively obsessed with this issue and read about a dozen topics on the SI Forum. Including stupid advice and good ones.

Then I also looked into Google to understand screen flickering in games in general. I work in the tech and gaming industry, so it was bothering me.

This morning I did the following steps. Now I don't have screen flickering anymore, but I don't know what helped :D

I did these steps:

1. I unplugged the Display Port cables from the PC and the monitor. Then I plugged it back in.

2. I uninstalled Football Manager.

3. I deleted the Sports Interactive folder from My Documents. But before that, I copied my save and graphics, because I have almost 30 GB of them.

4. I deleted the hidden Sports Interactive folder from: C:\Users\mbach\AppData

5. I deleted the Steam folder where Football Manager was installed. Fortunately, I have other games on a different drive, but I play almost only FM anyway ;-)

6. I uninstalled everything related to NVIDIA from my computer.

7. I restarted my computer.

8. I installed GeForce Experience along with the drivers, but I created a new account with a different email address. I thought maybe some driver setting was bound to my account.

9. I have installed Football Manager.

10. I moved saves and graphics to where they should be.

11. I turned on FM and I don't have screen flicker during 2D matches.

Interestingly, I have G-Sync turned on and I'm using a 144 Hz monitor.

I am adding a dxdiag. If in the future I can somehow help solve the problem or test something, let me know, just so that it doesn't take too much time :D

dxdiag.txt

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Sorry to hear that. Could you please send us a short video of this happening. If you can't do a screen recording, a phone recording will suffice. 

@Zachary Whyte

Sure, I'm adding a video. You can definitely see it just before Sancho receives the ball, then after the action ends and when Malacia throws the ball out.

20230202_141935.mp4

Also here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/107Bil1fwX-TX9qO1mJ9nfBn4N0jCnpnS/view?usp=sharing

Another video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/107TWPu-6hJkHqsG5s_ACMMX3Ni8DWMiA/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Pucek