• Match animations suddenly faster

wcfieldsforever
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this or not, if so I apologize and send it to the correct forum. 

Earlier today I installed an audio commentary mod and both a 3D and 2D kitpack for England levels 1-8. The commentary patch replaced simatchviewer.fmf and simatch.fmf in the /data folder and kits into the default graphics folder (I don't see how they would effect anything but just listing everything I changed).

Everything installed and worked correctly, but when I started a game in the 3D match engine, there was a noticeable difference in the speed of player animations. Not a huge difference, but player movements have become much quicker, e.g. when a player kicks a ball, his leg moves like it's in fast-forward, the ball moves faster etc. I had changed the framerate to 60 fps from automatic last night, but didn't notice any difference in animation speed. 

I deleted the simatchviewer.fmf and simatch.fmf files from the commentary mod and restored the original files that I had backed up, cleared the cache, reloaded skin, and rebooted my computer, but still had the same issue when playing in the ME. I've adjusted the ME graphics settings, changed from low to high, changed the render scale from the original 75% to 100%, and nothing has made the game go back to a normal speed. I've had the same settings since I started playing FM23 and have never had anything like this happen, and I'm totally at a loss to understand what's happening.

It's not a total dealbreaker, but the match engine improvements are what sold me on buying FM23 and it was like PERFECT, so it's disappointing. 

Is there any way that the audio commentary mod messed with the ME mechanics and is still effecting them even after I restored the original /data folder files? I'm trying to figure it out and might just reinstall worst case scenario but curious if anyone might have any ideas on why this would happen. Thanks!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 09/05/2023 at 07:53, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, can you please try verifying your game files as shown in the link below:

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997753543185

If still not working, uninstalling then reinstalling could be worth trying.

Thanks for your response! I've managed to figure it out - my video drivers were up to date according to the graphics support center, but I went into device manager and manually checked for updates which worked and solved the problem. So the issue was on my end and had nothing to do with the game. Thanks again!