• Massive Europa League Matchball

SJMurfin
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I play matches on 2D classic because that's just how I like to watch the games. I've just kicked off my first Europa League match with Arsenal and I noticed that the matchball looks absolutely huge! Is this right? It's certainly larger than the matchball when watching any other competition being played and I think it looks a little bit silly.

(That is a pass being played along the ground in the screenshot below - The ball is not in the air and 'not closer to the camera')

hugematchball.thumb.png.81a9ae913069f0cdf7c74e589e5d58f4.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to share this one with us. Our QA team will investigate further. It's been many years since I used 2D myself, a little niggling memory suggests this might be the case on things like goalkeepers/long high balls played down the field. Either way, best to let QA check.

13 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for taking the time to share this one with us. Our QA team will investigate further. It's been many years since I used 2D myself, a little niggling memory suggests this might be the case on things like goalkeepers/long high balls played down the field. Either way, best to let QA check.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It certainly does get bigger when the ball is in the air (closer the the camera) and yes, goalkeepers or long high balls fits into that.

However, this screenshot shows the ball when it is being played along the ground - Just a simple pass. This is the smallest the ball gets - It's certainly gets much bigger at times during the match.

• SI Staff

Based on the different texture being used for the match balls and where the shadow is on the first screenshot (to the left of the ball) the QA team have looked into this and concluded the ball is in the air. It's something we can always review with further screenshots, but it feels like this is displaying correctly. 

3 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

Based on the different texture being used for the match balls and where the shadow is on the first screenshot (to the left of the ball) the QA team have looked into this and concluded the ball is in the air. It's something we can always review with further screenshots, but it feels like this is displaying correctly. 

I can absolutely guarantee that the ball is not in the air in that screenshot or if it is in fact in the air, the ball is then actually in the air for the entire match as that is the smallest the ball gets at any time during the match. Pretty impressive stuff to keep it in the air for that long...

• SI Staff

If you'd like to provide the pkm of the match in which this has happened then our QA team can revisit it. A guide on uploading your files is available here: 

14 minutes ago, SJMurfin said:

I can absolutely guarantee that the ball is not in the air in that screenshot or if it is in fact in the air, the ball is then actually in the air for the entire match as that is the smallest the ball gets at any time during the match. Pretty impressive stuff to keep it in the air for that long...

Just some further screenshots as requested below:

These are screenshots where the ball is in the air

intheair1.png.68484b8dcd274f10757d66d6a172c1a2.png

intheair2.png.996eb70f59e7b92bb41976e3bc042f2e.png

These are screenshots where the ball is on the ground

ontheground1.png.37cb80e423c11706d4407ddb4e3f9444.png

ontheground2.png.25c22add0743cb253e3c016a950a6b38.png

Edited by SJMurfin

11 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

If you'd like to provide the pkm of the match in which this has happened then our QA team can revisit it. A guide on uploading your files is available here: 

I have justed uploaded a .pkm file to this area as suggested - This time of another match in the Europa League against Nantes as this has been happening in every match played in the competition. The file is called 'arsenalnantes_europaleague.pkm'. I have also added a few new screenshots above from different stages within a match showing the ball at various heights.

Thanks for looking into this. I must say - I am absolutely loving this year's game.

Edited by SJMurfin

• Administrators

Appreciate it's been a while, just wondering if this issue has persisted since updating to the latest versions? If so, could I check what your screen resolution and zoom level is?