• Copa Sudamericana issues

ucdark
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I don't if this was posted yet, but I've found some issues with Sudamericana and possibly Libertadores.

1.- Squad registration. FM ask for 25 (3 gk), IRL is 45 players (4 gk minimum)

2.- 2nds of Libertadores group phase plays against 2nds of Sudamericana group phase like Europe.

Greetings.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@ucdark It's not like that.

Teams in Copa Libertadores group stage that finish in 3rd place qualify to Copa Sudamericana's "Second round playoff", and will play against Copa Sudamericana's 2nd placed teams. The winners, qualifies to the "Second round", which is 16 matches, then quarter-finals, semifinals and final.

Example:
    - Colo Colo finishes 3rd in Copa Libertadores group stage. Qualifies to Copa Sudamericana's "Second round playoff"
    - Peñarol finishes 2nd in Copa Sudamericana group stage. Qualifies to Copa Sudamericana's "Second round playoff"
    They could play against each other (depends on the draw). The winner qualifies to Copa Sudamericana "Second round".

5 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, can we ask if this is still occurring if you start a new game with the latest database?

@Zachary Whyte yes. And I have to add another thing. The first stage, which is a playoff between teams from the same country, is only one match, not two as in previous years.

Here's the official CONMEBOL statement when they changed the format:
    https://www.conmebol.com/noticias/la-conmebol-sudamericana-con-nuevo-formato-ya-conoce-los-cruces-de-primera-fase/