• FM23 > Semi Professional Club with Amateur Players can only offer Non-Contract

The Enforcer
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hi,

I started a new save unemployed where I applied for and was accepted for a job at Banbridge Town in the third tier of Northern Ireland.

The existing squad are all on amateur contracts (£0) apart from a part-time player/physio (£40/w), two teenagers on non-contracts (£20/app) and one on a youth contract (£0). The board gave me a wage budget of £54, but this is already wiped out by the small wages/fees from the PC/NC players.

I can basically get away with signing one player on NC terms with fees, which typically takes me to around £50-60 over budget, after which the board impose a £1 limit on any appearance fees, effectively shutting down any further NC deals.

This wouldn't be a problem if I could continue to sign new/replacement amateur players whom won't command any fees. However, that no longer appears to be possible due to the club's semi professional status. Not only that, but if i try to renew an existing player's amateur deal in order to discourage them from joining another club trying to poach them, I can only offer them non-contract terms, whereby they demand an appearance fee.  At best, I can only afford to offer this to one existing player and only if this happens before I sign anyone else.

All of the other third tier clubs have mostly amateur players as well. When one of them poached one of my midfielders I saw they had to offer him a NC, so it appears they are all in the same boat. However, I don't know what their budgets are, but if they extend into three figures, this would give them a lot more scope to maintain and improve their squads than I have.

As it stands, I am going to periodically lose amateur or NC players from my squad to other clubs and then be unable to replace them, even with inferior players. The only exception to this appears to be loan signings, where it appears I can sign as many as I like, but they can only join in the transfer windows and remain for the whole season.

This does seem like a bug to me, where the budget needs to reflect the realistic cost of having most of your players on NCs with appearance fees.

Cheers,

TE

User Feedback

Recommended Comments