• Premier League - Can't use more than 3 subs, opposition has used the correct number (5)

Oliver Shoesmith
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Premier League - Can't use more than 3 subs, opposition has used the correct number (5)

I think it's the first time it's happened so definitely doesn't happen every game, but see screenshots.

Tried doing direct from the match screen also but same issue

Screenshot 2022-10-24 212452.png

Screenshot 2022-10-24 212510.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello you can make 5 subs but you have to do this in just 3 stoppages, as in real life.  Please google it if you don't know what I mean.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Hello you can make 5 subs but you have to do this in just 3 stoppages, as in real life.  Please google it if you don't know what I mean.  Thanks!

But that was last season. This season the PL rules allows for 5 subs in two halves.

I know last season each team was allowed 3, but can use an additional two when a match reaches extra time in cup matches, but that was last season, this season things changed.

• Administrators

Do you have a source for what you're saying? We're confident we've got the rule right in game, given to us via our Head Researchers, so unless we got proof that it was wrong, we wouldn't be changing it.

Ignore me, you are correct.

I spent some time researching the rules and now I understand why in real life coaches opt to do double or triple subs at a time. Each coach has to split his 5 subs on 3 stoppages.

But, I noticed these rules doesnt apply on the NT level? I reached the Euro 2024 qualifications and I wasnt able to do any more than 3 subs even though I did a tripe sub first.

• Administrators

Could you raise the National Team subs issue within our Europe thread? We'll look into that separately, it just gets handled by a different member of staff.