• No U21 League at Vanarama National League South nor Vanarama National League

Deanage
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I started Oxford City in FM23 at the Vanarama National League South. They had an U18 league for our U18s, but nothing for our U21s apart from a couple of friendlies. I thought that was strange and not ideal for the development of our players but just organised a few friendlies, hoping that we would get promoted and that at the Vanarama National League level there would be an U21 league. I subsequently have just been promoted into the Vanarama National League and again there is a league for the U18s but nothing for our U21s. What gives?

This is very frustrating because they are obviously a feeder for our 1st team!

Now, maybe there is just no U21 league at that level in England (I do not know), but I doubt that.

What I think needs to happen is that U21 leagues are provided at those "non-league" levels of the game.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi guys.

Thank you so very much for the quick and helpful responses.

I did not know that there is no U21 league at that level (thankfully I alluded to my lack of knowledge in my initial message), but I still find that strange and sad as developing the club further is a little hamstrung by that, and I think the FA really needs to look into that! Especially as there is U18 at that level.

Anyway, thanks again guys and I hope my non-issue did not waste too much of your time. I really love the game and enjoy playing it very much, so I appreciate all your hard work and the work of your colleagues.

All the best and have a wonderful end of year rest (hopefully!).

Best,
    Deanage.